Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 10, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #23,866 of 42,765
Does it really have a punchy bass for edm? Also not a harsh highs when crank up the volume?

It can be customised/eq with knowles dampers and the synergy is good with mojo although i wouldn't go past green and probably stick with brown,elevated bass from stock withour losing clarity,go to se535 mod thread.Generally mojo is so laid back and smooth in treble region that pairs better with trebly/sparkly iems that's why i prefer ie800 with mojo rather than se846.

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #23,867 of 42,765
Originally Posted by Mojo ideas 
  Because we have the extender module and the more complex modules underway it's was always our plan to offer a well made longer case too.

==================
Are you willing/able to share a release date on the longer case????????????  
rolleyes.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #23,868 of 42,765
Does it really have a punchy bass for edm? Also not a harsh highs when crank up the volume?

Those are vague terms... I have no idea what you mean by punchy.

These IEMs have been well measured and frequently. You can Google it for more detailed charts. Higher gain in the bass region with a slight taper into the mids, sharp roll off in the highs... To over simplify.

By the way, you know you can just use parametric EQ to tune the sound to your liking, right?

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #23,870 of 42,765
Okay thank you, well I ordered both the black and the mojo, and will see which one I want to keep. As my ears aren't as experienced I thought somebody who owns both might be able to offer greater insight as the Independence of the x2's is quite low. 

I will only use this in one place at my desktop, and will only use headphones (x2) - no output to speakers.

I really like how the Chord Mojo is British. I realised I don't actually own any British designed + made electronics, and it would be nice for this sole reason to own something made here for once! I feel as if I'll be biased towards the mojo due to the higher price and what others say about it, maybe a placebo effect will sway things in favour of the mojo further.

Gaming is done on a PC when I get the time - very rare! But not that many fps games, so it doesn't really make much difference for gaming. The sound signature when listening to music + movies/tv shows matter far more to me.

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #23,871 of 42,765
Those are vague terms... I have no idea what you mean by punchy.

These IEMs have been well measured and frequently. You can Google it for more detailed charts. Higher gain in the bass region with a slight taper into the mids, sharp roll off in the highs... To over simplify.

By the way, you know you can just use parametric EQ to tune the sound to your liking, right?

To be clear, im a basshead. I'm not used to low quantity of bass. Also I need a good quality bass too, not only quantity. For reference, im used to TH600 bass. Cuz some said se535 is not for basshead. That's what i wonder

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #23,872 of 42,765
It can be customised/eq with knowles dampers and the synergy is good with mojo although i wouldn't go past green and probably stick with brown,elevated bass from stock withour losing clarity,go to se535 mod thread.Generally mojo is so laid back and smooth in treble region that pairs better with trebly/sparkly iems that's why i prefer ie800 with mojo rather than se846.

Well it sounds like se535 does not have smooth sounding highs. Maybe im not gonna risk myself. How low I eq highs, thebhighs is still there and it bothers me when I'm using it for studying.

I used to listen to edm songs with kinda loud to get the bass punch. Highs will fatigue me early :frowning2: but i hate when it only emphasis bass without the mids and a bit highs.

Haha my problem....

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #23,873 of 42,765
Well it sounds like se535 does not have smooth sounding highs. Maybe im not gonna risk myself. How low I eq highs, thebhighs is still there and it bothers me when I'm using it for studying.

I used to listen to edm songs with kinda loud to get the bass punch. Highs will fatigue me early
frown.gif
but i hate when it only emphasis bass without the mids and a bit highs.

Haha my problem....

On the contrary,because se535 are tuned with a bit of  treble roll off they are very smooth and non fatiguing to listen for hours but certainly not for those who crave for  endless extension/energy but the combo with mojo is really good and the signature is really engaging overall despite the general  hate the se535 get here on headfi.

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #23,875 of 42,765
Hi guys,

Got my Mojo today, and I need to know how to use it as a standalone DAC, I will use my headphone amp with it. Do I connect the headphones jack into the RCA on my amp? But it wouldn't bypass the internal amp of the Mojo, isn't it?

I am also struggling with Foobar2000 settings for Windows 10. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #23,876 of 42,765
Hi guys,

Got my Mojo today, and I need to know how to use it as a standalone DAC, I will use my headphone amp with it. Do I connect the headphones jack into the RCA on my amp? But it wouldn't bypass the internal amp of the Mojo, isn't it?

I am also struggling with Foobar2000 settings for Windows 10. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Yes, headphone out into your amp.

From the block diagrams I've seen, the Mojo doesn't really have an amp stage. The output appears to be directly driven from the current-to-voltage converter. I don't know enough about analog design to know if that uses an op amp under the hood. I guess it could.

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #23,877 of 42,765

From the block diagrams I've seen, the Mojo doesn't really have an amp stage. The output appears to be directly driven from the current-to-voltage converter. I don't know enough about analog design to know if that uses an op amp under the hood. I guess it could.

How could it so easily drive my T1 600 Ohms if there is no Amp stage? Can you please explain?

I totally mistook the Coaxial, I thought it was analogue output, what color volume LEDs should be set for external amp connection?

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #23,878 of 42,765

Since u discuss about third party amp. Can i know what amp is good to increase bass for mojo? iFi amp works? which iFi to be specific?

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #23,879 of 42,765
How could it so easily drive my T1 600 Ohms if there is no Amp stage? Can you please explain?

I totally mistook the Coaxial, I thought it was analogue output, what color volume LEDs should be set for external amp connection?

It's a proprietary DAC technology, I don't know anything about it. You'll have to ask Chord.

Double red should get you close to -10dBV.

Coax is S/PDIF input I believe.

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #23,880 of 42,765
Since u discuss about third party amp. Can i know what amp is good to increase bass for mojo? iFi amp works? which iFi to be specific?

You're better off searching for some amps within your budget and portability needs, and comparing the measurements than asking here. That's a subjective question and different people will give you different answers.

I'm using the Cv5 from ALO with a Raytheon 6832 tube, and I think the bass is great. Susceptibility to RFI is a different story, but bass is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back