Chord Mojo/Cavalli Liquid Platinum/HiFiMAN HE1000s
May 3, 2020 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Raffik1

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I’ve been reading with amazement the depth of knowledge and experience in these forums. As I step gingerly into the audiophile world, I have the following question: I have a Chord Mojo and a pair of HiFiMAN HE1000 (v1), connected to a Mac Mini both high-res files and now listening to Amazon Music’s vast 16bit/44kHZ and 24bit/96kHZ library. While I love the tonality of the Mojo, I find that I need to crank up the volume to almost full, and I keep thinking that the Mojo’s amp can’t quite deliver what the HE1Ks need. I’ve therefore been looking for an affordable (<$1000) amp which can increase the power to my headphones, and found the Monoprice Liquid Platinum by Alex Cavalli. I’m planning to connect the line level out from the Mojo into the RCA input of the LP, and connect my HE1Ks via balanced XLR. Anyone else have this combo? The LP’s specs are 6.62 watts at 33 ohms, so assuming just a bit lower at the HE1Ks 35 ohm impedance. Will this give me a significantly superior listening experience to the Mojo’s built-in amp? I did my best to find an answer to this in the existing threads, to no avail, so thank you for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back