Chord Mojo Battery Cheap Fix
Apr 10, 2022 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Snuggums

New Head-Fier
So the battery on my Chord Mojo died. No surprise, eh? I read how people are running them with no battery or spending a fortune on repairs. I'm a think-out-of-the box person and I came up with a cheap fix. I sourced a battery on Amazon that was 7.4V, 2200mA and 16.3 Wh and only $16.49. It is better than the original battery in capacity but too big to fit inside. I didn't want another battery inside. The heat has to be taking a toll on the electronics.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087BYJ51T?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I had to clip the end off the new battery as it wasn't the correct size connector. I removed the eight Torx 6 screws and removed the old battery. Next, I clipped the entire wire off the original battery and soldered it to the new one. I noticed that there was a thin space above the Chord Mojo Toslink connector so the taped the battery wires to the top of it and out the side after I connected the battery. I put back on the cover and attached the battery to the top of the Chord Mojo temporarily with a rubber band and charged it overnight. Voila! the next morning it was fully charged and working like a charm! BTW, if the little white pegs on top of the glass balls fall out, place them back in their slots with the little nubs facing upward before you screw it all back together. Enjoy your amazing DAC!!! I'll post pictures once I'm approved to do so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back