Chord Mojo against iFI Hip Dac 2?
Sep 2, 2022 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DJtheAudiophile

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone compared the Chord Mojo against iFI Hip Dac 2?

Looking to buy either one. Will connect a Sony NW-A55 to it for Hi-Res music. Thinking about also buying In-Ear SD-2 IEM monitors for it too.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 7
Out of those 2 I'd go for the Mojo (assuming V1?)

Things to consider against it are USB Micro, and the battery lifespan. I'd use a dongle plugged into it, or two, then plug in and out of the dongle vs. the unit to maximize the lifespan of the USB Micro Jacks. They do get loose over time.

If you are considering Mojo V2, also check out the Gryphon from iFi, its more comparable.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Out of those 2 I'd go for the Mojo (assuming V1?)

Things to consider against it are USB Micro, and the battery lifespan. I'd use a dongle plugged into it, or two, then plug in and out of the dongle vs. the unit to maximize the lifespan of the USB Micro Jacks. They do get loose over time.

If you are considering Mojo V2, also check out the Gryphon from iFi, its more comparable.
Yes I’m talking about Gen 1

How bad is the life span?

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 7
Yes I’m talking about Gen 1

How bad is the life span?

It depends on how much you are using it, and how often you are doing decharge, recharge cycles. I got about a year out of my battery before replacement, but I did use it quite often.

Maybe ask in the Mojo thread, they might have more of an idea.

Sep 4, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 7
I’ll go with the Mojo unless I can’t find NOS then I’ll go with the Hip-Dac 2.

I have another question. Which headphone is a better match for the Mojo and Hip-Dac 2?

Beyerdynamic DT-880 250 ohm
Fidelio X2HR

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back