Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #9,931 of 10,855
Having had a lot of help from people above over my Poly problems, I should report that when I got back from a month at various Spanish locations - when the external apps simply wouldn’t find Poly over hotel wifi networks, thus causing my angst, I got home and discovered that my own wifi network allowed them to connect to Poly without problems. So arguably st least, I have to accept that the problem is not all about Poly. But since I prefer to listen at home through my speakers, this renders Poly a pretty useless product for me.

I don't disagree. That's why I switched to a DAP if I'm travelling outside of my WiFi.

You can just get a travel router as well. They are relatively cheap and alleviate the connection issues.

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #9,934 of 10,855
Daniel, sorry to sound dim, but DAP in this context means what? And can you recommend a specific travel router that will work well with Poly, wifi in and out?

GL.iNet GL-SFT1200 (Opal) Secure Travel WiFi Router • AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Ethernet Wireless Internet • IPv6 USB 2.0 MU-MIMO DDR3 • 128MB Ram Repeater Bridge Access Point Mode https://a.co/d/47JiM5Q

I have 2 similar models. They work well.

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #9,936 of 10,855
Daniel, I realise you have no responsibility to be my personal advisor - but I have ordered and commissioned the Opal you recommended above. My iPad and iPhone can see it, I’ve added it to the network list in GoFigure (obviously Poly can only see the 2.4 network). But it refuses to connect. I’ve rebooted, tried reconnecting multiple times, but no connection will get formed. I actually don’t think I’m being dim, and feel I’m very close to sorting this out, as clearly the Opal works. But why won’t Poly connect?

Feb 18, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #9,938 of 10,855
@Rob Watts

Hi Rob, I need to understand once completely how the charging system of the Mojo 2 works, as well as the desktop mode.

I always charge my Mojo 2 until the LED turns purple and then enters desktop mode, this has always made me understand that the battery is at 100%.

Lately, however, I read a post from a few years ago on another forum where a user explained how the desktop mode of the Hugo 2 works... yes of the Hugo 2, specifying that the purple light is not actually synonymous with 100% battery, but about 80% as desktop mode brings the battery level to a better charge level to safeguard the battery and to fully charge it up to 100% it is necessary to disconnect it from the charger, wait a few moments and reconnect it.

Is it really like that? and if so does the same thing also apply to the desktop mode of the Mojo 2?

In fact, this would explain the fact that when I charge my Mojo 2 until the purple light appears, and I start to use it, the blue LED that indicates the maximum charge doesn't even last an hour, switching almost immediately to the green LED and not I ever experience listening lasting 6 or 7 hours, does this mean that by waiting for desktop mode (purple light) I'm actually unplugging my Mojo 2 from the charger with the battery charged at 80% and not 100%?

I would be really happy if you answered by clarifying this doubt.

Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #9,939 of 10,855
Mojo 2 is quite different to Hugo 2 charging. Mojo 2 in desktop mode, the battery is completely disconnected. Every 11 days a trickle charge is applied to keep the battery at 100%. Note also that 100% is not the full capacity of the battery, I charge it to maximise battery life not full battery capacity.

In order for Mojo 2 to work without the battery I had to add an extra high performance regulation stage with RF filters, so that SQ is not affected when in desktop mode.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #9,940 of 10,855
In order for Mojo 2 to work without the battery I had to add an extra high performance regulation stage with RF filters, so that SQ is not affected when in desktop mode.
That's interesting, thank you. To clarify, is this a new feature on Mojo 2 or does Hugo 2 also have the RF filter or an equivalent to preserve SQ in desktop mode?

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #9,941 of 10,855
Mojo 2 is quite different to Hugo 2 charging. Mojo 2 in desktop mode, the battery is completely disconnected. Every 11 days a trickle charge is applied to keep the battery at 100%. Note also that 100% is not the full capacity of the battery, I charge it to maximise battery life not full battery capacity.

@Rob Watts

so when I charge my Mojo 2 is it always a good idea to wait until the light turns purple to be sure that the battery has reached its maximum charge?

Furthermore, is it normal for the blue LED to last less than an hour, regardless of the listening volume level?

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #9,942 of 10,855
That's interesting, thank you. To clarify, is this a new feature on Mojo 2 or does Hugo 2 also have the RF filter or an equivalent to preserve SQ in desktop mode?

Yes it's new with Mojo 2. Hugo 2 also has RF filters for preserving SQ whilst in desktop but always relies on the batteries' low impedance for dynamic currents. Static, steady state currents are supplied by the charger.

@Rob Watts

so when I charge my Mojo 2 is it always a good idea to wait until the light turns purple to be sure that the battery has reached its maximum charge?

Furthermore, is it normal for the blue LED to last less than an hour, regardless of the listening volume level?

If you charge to blue it doesn't matter much if you disconnect the charger rather than waiting till it goes purple. You will get longer battery life if you wait till magenta (purple).

An hour on blue is not a problem as each battery has it's own voltage discharge characteristics. It will be green for a lot longer time!

Feb 19, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #9,943 of 10,855
I just received my Mojo 2 and love it's sound and functionality. However I too am struggling to understand the battery indicators. Today (3rd use) I charged the battery to blue, and then used it undocked for 2.5 hours. In that time it dropped to yellow, indicating that it has dipped beneath 40%.

I guess I'm not sure if it went to 100% on blue or somewhere near the 75% at which it turns blue, but this still seems a fairly rapid depletion. Will try charging to magenta next time and see what happens, will report back if it greatly changes the cycle length, so that this post does not mislead.

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #9,944 of 10,855
I just received my Mojo 2 and love it's sound and functionality. However I too am struggling to understand the battery indicators. Today (3rd use) I charged the battery to blue, and then used it undocked for 2.5 hours. In that time it dropped to yellow, indicating that it has dipped beneath 40%.

I guess I'm not sure if it went to 100% on blue or somewhere near the 75% at which it turns blue, but this still seems a fairly rapid depletion. Will try charging to magenta next time and see what happens, will report back if it greatly changes the cycle length, so that this post does not mislead.
Honestly, since I purchased it, I have never experienced great autonomy, I read some comments talking about 6/7 hours of autonomy... but when ever! one article even mentioned a duration of 10 hours, ridiculous!

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #9,945 of 10,855
Honestly, since I purchased it, I have never experienced great autonomy, I read some comments talking about 6/7 hours of autonomy... but when ever! one article even mentioned a duration of 10 hours, ridiculous!
I bought my Mojo2 the week it was released. If I leave it playing from a full charge via a loudspeaker in my office, I still get 7 hours continuous usage before the "click" when the battery gives up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back