Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 5, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #9,514 of 11,010
My desktop setup is TT2/Focal Clear MGs.
Listening to jazz, some rock and classical.
Looking for headphones for the office and walk abouts.
I have the IE900s, which are amazing out of the M2. I do have the Clear OGs, not the MGs. If you really like the MGs, you might prefer the IE600s. They have more of a mid-bass bump.

TBH, I've never been a fan of the stock cables. Some people like them. I think they are highly microphonic. I have Lavricables on my 900s.

HTH

Jan 5, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #9,515 of 11,010
I have the IE900s, which are amazing out of the M2. I do have the Clear OGs, not the MGs. If you really like the MGs, you might prefer the IE600s. They have more of a mid-bass bump.

TBH, I've never been a fan of the stock cables. Some people like them. I think they are highly microphonic. I have Lavricables on my 900s.

HTH
I agree re IE600 vs IE900, especially if you’re a loud listener. If you listen relatively quietly, the 900 is great

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #9,519 of 11,010
Thieaudio Hype 4 is one if not the best choices under 500$.
Eager to read the reviews
I'm on the verge of buying a monarch mk2, but am holding fire having seen the fr graphs for the hype 4.

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #9,520 of 11,010
Eager to read the reviews
I'm on the verge of buying a monarch mk2, but am holding fire having seen the fr graphs for the hype 4.
Headphones.com just did a livestream about it, check it out on YouTube. I have it for a day and it's magnificent, 2-3 years ago, it would have cost 1k easily. This iem is an excellent display of how awesome competition is, and how you get much more for your money in the last year or so, hope the trend continues.

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #9,521 of 11,010
Do you have a timestamp for the review? I have skimmed the video & cannot find it.

...found it, 49mins

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #9,523 of 11,010
Watching now.

I'm trying to scale down & very happy with the Sony ier-m9.

However, crossed out the Monarchs on my wish list....for now.

ps to get back on topic, ier-m9's are great with the mojo2. I have crossfeed on max & boost bass & bass shelf by 2 - 3 levels. Heavenly.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #9,524 of 11,010
Do anybody know how much the E-marker chip inside the USB C cable affect the Mojo 2. As I have understood it should clean noise from power and tell the device the cable capacity, but I heard from one of my friends, they have tested some cables at his job that also give some extra noice. I have unfortunate no equipment to measure it my self on my cables. So I'm happy to hear any experience about this.

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #9,525 of 11,010
There is a 'problem' with the Mojo 2. Not often talked about and perhaps my unit is unique (!) in that sense :relaxed:;

It takes a good half hour to come properly on song or ... for the bass to fully develop and to add some more warmth.

I don't normally subscribe to the notion of burn-in in electronics nor am I in the camp of leaving my Hifi permanently powered on. My Hifi amplifiers sound fine after a minute, if that, nor would I describe the Mojo's sound as clinical from the get go but it without (my) doubts improves over the first 30 mins or so, 'fleshing out'.

Do you find the same or does yours sound the same after a few seconds and/or an hour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back