Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 15, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #8,957 of 10,857
within 24 hours, I think I blew out my empire ear lx iems from the mojo. Had connected to my iPhone w camera adapter and it went to maximum volume automatically on start. Is that something that happens? Thank you.
The mojo2 went to max volume or your iPhone?

Although I've only had the mojo2 a couple of weeks, and not used everyday, i have not noticed volume jumping on start

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #8,958 of 10,857
The mojo2 went to max volume or your iPhone?

Although I've only had the mojo2 a couple of weeks, and not used everyday, i have not noticed volume jumping on start
Mojo2 always start on the same volume that you had at powered off.

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #8,959 of 10,857
See here at 28:38

Small indie company. Some units hiss. Some units take 30 min to warm up. Others are perfect. I've been told above (by an engineer!) it's too small a company to be expected to get it right almost always, so we need to live with this crappy QC.

Has this ever been clarified, I say this because in the Aful Performer Impressions Thread using the Aful P8 IEMs which are very sensitive (comfortable listening levels just before the higher gain light is on), and some people are saying absolutely no noise floor hiss at all, were as I and another person on there say they can clearly hear a faint hiss, also this review is one of the only Chord Mojo 2 reviews where this has been mentioned at the end of the review under Cons " There’s some hiss with ultra-sensitive IEMs", where as many other reviews say that even with ultra sensitive IEMs the Mojo 2 is dead silent, is this unit variation or hearing discrepancies?

I only get a hiss with two of my IEMS, the Aful P8 (apparent), and the Blon5S (very slight), testing methodology: Plugging IEM into Mojo with volume set to minimum, and no USB/Optical/Coaxial cable connect.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #8,960 of 10,857
Has this ever been clarified, I say this because in the Aful Performer Impressions Thread using the Aful P8 IEMs which are very sensitive (comfortable listening levels just before the higher gain light is on), and some people are saying absolutely no noise floor hiss at all, were as I and another person on there say they can clearly hear a faint hiss, also this review is one of the only Chord Mojo 2 reviews where this as been mentioned at the end of the review under Cons " There’s some hiss with ultra-sensitive IEMs", where as many other reviews say that even with ultra sensitive IEMs the Mojo 2 is dead silent, is this unit variation or hearing discrepancies?

I only get a hiss with two of my IEMS, the Aful P8 (apparent), and the Blon5S (very slight), testing methodology: Plugging IEM into Mojo with volume set to minimum, and no USB/Optical/Coaxial cable connect.
I use Mojo 2 with Andromeda 2020 and I confirm that the hiss I hear when the music isn't playing is there, but it doesn't bother me

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #8,961 of 10,857
Has this ever been clarified, I say this because in the Aful Performer Impressions Thread using the Aful P8 IEMs which are very sensitive (comfortable listening levels just before the higher gain light is on), and some people are saying absolutely no noise floor hiss at all, were as I and another person on there say they can clearly hear a faint hiss, also this review is one of the only Chord Mojo 2 reviews where this as been mentioned at the end of the review under Cons " There’s some hiss with ultra-sensitive IEMs", where as many other reviews say that even with ultra sensitive IEMs the Mojo 2 is dead silent, is this unit variation or hearing discrepancies?

If you have no USB input connected at I wonder if the analogue input is enabled and being because the input is open circuit it’s generating some noise. Do you get hiss if the usb is connected but no music playing?

Sep 15, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #8,962 of 10,857
If you have no USB input connected at I wonder if the analogue input is enabled and being because the input is open circuit it’s generating some noise. Do you get hiss if the usb is connected but no music playing?
Yes, I just did it without input to confirm.

It doesn't really bother me too much, it's just odd that some people claim it isn't there.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #8,963 of 10,857
I get some hiss with some of my IEMs(*). Most of the time it is only noticeable when I'm looking for it and have the room quiet. And even then I'll have to plug and uplug the headphone jack over and over while the IEMs are in my ears to be sure. I'm using an ifi IEMatch+ though and that's solving it completely for me. I know it's mainly just a "peace of mind" thing, since I have to actively listen for hiss in some cases.

*Sound Rhyme SR8 and DTE900, Night Oblivion Butastur, Aur Audio Aurora, 64 Audio Nio, Andromeda 2020(not a surprise)...without going through all my IEMs and double checking. There are of course others with no such issue(Z1R, M9, Monarch 2, etc)

Sep 15, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #8,964 of 10,857
within 24 hours, I think I blew out my empire ear lx iems from the mojo. Had connected to my iPhone w camera adapter and it went to maximum volume automatically on start. Is that something that happens? Thank you.
Depends on app you are using. Roon ARC had this problem with some usb dacs.

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #8,965 of 10,857
Has this ever been clarified, I say this because in the Aful Performer Impressions Thread using the Aful P8 IEMs which are very sensitive (comfortable listening levels just before the higher gain light is on), and some people are saying absolutely no noise floor hiss at all, were as I and another person on there say they can clearly hear a faint hiss, also this review is one of the only Chord Mojo 2 reviews where this has been mentioned at the end of the review under Cons " There’s some hiss with ultra-sensitive IEMs", where as many other reviews say that even with ultra sensitive IEMs the Mojo 2 is dead silent, is this unit variation or hearing discrepancies?

There is a tiny bit of hiss with my Shure SE-846, but nothing to worry about IMO. Basically I can barely hear it while the IEMs are connected. Much less than most amps though and about the same as low power mode from the 1/4" jack on my RME ADI-2 DAC. It should be noted that the IEM output of my RME is dead quiet.

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #8,966 of 10,857
I get some hiss with some of my IEMs(*). Most of the time it is only noticeable when I'm looking for it and have the room quiet. And even then I'll have to plug and uplug the headphone jack over and over while the IEMs are in my ears to be sure. I'm using an ifi IEMatch+ though and that's solving it completely for me. I know it's mainly just a "peace of mind" thing, since I have to actively listen for hiss in some cases.

*Sound Rhyme SR8 and DTE900, Night Oblivion Butastur, Aur Audio Aurora, 64 Audio Nio, Andromeda 2020(not a surprise)...without going through all my IEMs and double checking. There are of course others with no such issue(Z1R, M9, Monarch 2, etc)

I also tried using iEMatch+ and it completely solved the hiss problem but Andromeda 2020 sounds horrible with it

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #8,967 of 10,857
I also tried using iEMatch+ and it completely solved the hiss problem but Andromeda 2020 sounds horrible with it
which gain did you use on iEMatch+? The highest one is 1Ohm output impedance, with that OI, I do not think that it makes your Andro sound horrible

Sep 18, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #8,969 of 10,857
Hello my dear friends, im here just to say that my mojo2 is my most used hardware for sound this year. Its always with me with some very different headphones, work, home, bed etc.

I'm thinking upgrade my living room with new TV and speakers connected via second mojo2. Have anyone tried this via SPDIF?

Sep 18, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #8,970 of 10,857
Hello my dear friends, im here just to say that my mojo2 is my most used hardware for sound this year. Its always with me with some very different headphones, work, home, bed etc.

I'm thinking upgrade my living room with new TV and speakers connected via second mojo2. Have anyone tried this via SPDIF?
I haven't but I'm sure people have. Make sure you configure your TV to output two channel PCM and not multichannel Dolby sound as the Mojo won't decode Dolby etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back