Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 5, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #8,656 of 11,002
Well, I accidentally (for real) ordered one from headphones.com a few minutes ago, so now I'll really find out!
I can confirm the Mojo2 is a big upgrade over the OG. It’s an excellent DAC and has an EQ feature that I use frequently.

Aug 5, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #8,657 of 11,002
I can confirm the Mojo2 is a big upgrade over the OG. It’s an excellent DAC and has an EQ feature that I use frequently.
Is the headphone output peppy?

Aug 6, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #8,660 of 11,002
Me too:

peppy
adjectiveinformal•North American
adjective: peppy; comparative adjective: peppier; superlative adjective: peppiest

lively and high-spirited.

So Mojo 2 can certainly sound peppy; but it can also be rich, warm, soft and leisurely - it just depends upon your music, headphones and your Mojo 2 EQ settings.

Aug 6, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #8,661 of 11,002
Me too:

peppy
adjectiveinformal•North American
adjective: peppy; comparative adjective: peppier; superlative adjective: peppiest

lively and high-spirited.

So Mojo 2 can certainly sound peppy; but it can also be rich, warm, soft and leisurely - it just depends upon your music, headphones and your Mojo 2 EQ settings.
Thanks Rob.
So @Harum7 the question to you is now:
Is your existing system peppy all the time, or peppy when the music demands it, and rich, warm, soft and leisurely when the music demands it?

Aug 6, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #8,662 of 11,002
What is “peppy" I’ve never heard of that before.

Depending on where he is from will probably alter the meaning. In my part of the world, in the antipodes, peppy would usually mean powerful.

However, it would usually be in relative terms in respect of the size of whatever it might be that you are referring to.

You would not say a 5.0 litre V8 car was peppy but you might say, for example, a 1.5 litre 4 cylinder was peppy if it was surprisingly powerful for its size.

I would not usually think of it being used in respect of audio equipment but if so I would think it would be used in the same way, that is the Mojo 2 might be considered peppy since it is powerful for its size.

At least that is the case in my part of the world, we would not usually refer to it in the context of the definition Rob indicated. That is we would not typically refer to a person being peppy.

Aug 6, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #8,663 of 11,002
Perhaps he meant Pepe as in “Pepe Romero”
IMG_6642.png

This IS PEPE and sounds great with Mojo 2 and currently Meze Empyrean’s.
IMG_6643.png

This one too!

Aug 6, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #8,666 of 11,002
Depending on where he is from will probably alter the meaning. In my part of the world, in the antipodes, peppy would usually mean powerful.

However, it would usually be in relative terms in respect of the size of whatever it might be that you are referring to.

You would not say a 5.0 litre V8 car was peppy but you might say, for example, a 1.5 litre 4 cylinder was peppy if it was surprisingly powerful for its size.

I would not usually think of it being used in respect of audio equipment but if so I would think it would be used in the same way, that is the Mojo 2 might be considered peppy since it is powerful for its size.

At least that is the case in my part of the world, we would not usually refer to it in the context of the definition Rob indicated. That is we would not typically refer to a person being peppy.
My immediate reading was powerful, possibly to translate to loud. With sensitive IEM the Mojo2 can achieve dangerous levels.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #8,667 of 11,002
Guys, I've been smelling the Chord Kool-Aid for the last couple of days and have found it desirable.

I wanna drink it in the form of a Mojo 2 and experience something different.
I've read a lot of pros and cons, but I need more input, whether positive or negative.
It's a great DAC from a company with a strong reputation for making quality audio electronics.
It's relatively affordable, and very versatile: I have used it for desktop listening and on the go, in a variety of different systems and with several headphones / IEMs. Some have used it in two-channel systems and even to power speakers.
Finally, it's got a really well implemented EQ - kudos to Chord for premiering this in their entry level product.

Main con for me is that the best source for Mojo2, Poly, costs pretty much the same therefore doubling the price of the system which takes it outside of the value bracket for me, especially for an on-the-go solution.

Aug 6, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #8,668 of 11,002
Well, I accidentally (for real) ordered one from headphones.com a few minutes ago, so now I'll really find out!
You will enjoy it, most likely with all the headphones you have listed. I would encourage you to get the perforated pads for the Aeon Closed, which will provide the same sound signature as the Aeon Noire. It is just that much less veiled by reducing the mid bass slightly. Highly recommended with Mojo2.

Aug 6, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #8,669 of 11,002

Users who are viewing this thread

Back