Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 30, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #8,597 of 10,754
Thanks for the info. Yes, I had the same habit to wait for the warm up.
On better headphones I can hear how the sound quality changes after 30mins. It’s the best after about 60mins. Same thing with my CMA15.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #8,599 of 10,754
I find it best at the 73 minute mark, before that it's unlistenable. I set a timer on my phone.
Dipping Mojo in strawberry jam also sweetens treble

Jul 31, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #8,600 of 10,754
Jul 31, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #8,601 of 10,754
Finally find out some clue to the bad audio issue.

Here is my 2 cents:

I guess there is nothing wrong the refreshed legacy Grado.

I had cell phone powered off and was charging nearby. The bad audio came back right away. It happened to my earbud as well as the Grado. The EMI was affecting the mojo 2, the headphone or IEM with different severity and the Grado was the most prompt to this EMI noise and responsible for most of the lost in audio quality.

Since the bad audio also happened once in a while when the cell phone was not charging. The Grado could be affecting by some other unknown EMI source in the environment.

Do anyone had any success in minimizing this EMI successfully? Please enlighten me if you had any idea.
I've not experienced any interference on Mojo2, though I listen via Poly, Toslink, or USB C from mobile. I can only guess your Grado's cable is acting as an antenna. Aside from finding the ideal distance away from the mobile, I've no idea how you'd stop that. As for warm up of Mojo 2, it definitely sounds better after a couple of tracks, but that I put down to my relaxed state once I start listening, rather than any hardware warm up

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #8,602 of 10,754
I've not experienced any interference on Mojo2, though I listen via Poly, Toslink, or USB C from mobile. I can only guess your Grado's cable is acting as an antenna. Aside from finding the ideal distance away from the mobile, I've no idea how you'd stop that. As for warm up of Mojo 2, it definitely sounds better after a couple of tracks, but that I put down to my relaxed state once I start listening, rather than any hardware warm up
Thanks for the advice. I guess I will try some other headphones and see whether the situation will improve.

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #8,604 of 10,754
Finally find out some clue to the bad audio issue.

Here is my 2 cents:

I guess there is nothing wrong the refreshed legacy Grado.

I had cell phone powered off and was charging nearby. The bad audio came back right away. It happened to my earbud as well as the Grado. The EMI was affecting the mojo 2, the headphone or IEM with different severity and the Grado was the most prompt to this EMI noise and responsible for most of the lost in audio quality.

Since the bad audio also happened once in a while when the cell phone was not charging. The Grado could be affecting by some other unknown EMI source in the environment.

Do anyone had any success in minimizing this EMI successfully? Please enlighten me if you had any idea.
Your description of the sound 'coming and going' triggered none of my memories from either the mojo1 or mojo2, which made it puzzling.
If your issue is now narrowed down to EMI, then I can suggest clip-on ferrites on the usb cable.
With the Mojo1 I experienced some noise, but found that just one clip-on ferrite removed the problem.
Clip-on ferrites are pocket money price, so IMHO well worth experimenting with to see if they help your setup.

Jul 31, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #8,605 of 10,754
It is a solid-state dac/amp, not a tube-like one, so M2 don't need any warmup at all to sound his best right after turned ON
This is my experience too. no warm-up whatsoever.
But I guess experiences differ...

Jul 31, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #8,607 of 10,754
On better headphones I can hear how the sound quality changes after 30mins. It’s the best after about 60mins. Same thing with my CMA15.

Despite that Rob Watts said that is nonsense.

I know you believe what you hear but like so much of what is written about on these forums just because your brain tells you that you “hear” it doesn’t make it real.

My original Mojo understands my moods and improves its sound quality on days when I am feeling relaxed and happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back