Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 24, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #8,566 of 10,895
Hi guys. I have a mojo2/ploy combination set up. I am currently experiencing white noise coming from one side of my headphones. Only my headphones wire is connected directly to the mojo 2 3.5mm. I have Meze Liric headphones and have connected multiple headphone wires but am still experiencing the white noise. I have contacted Chord and am still waiting to heard back from them. Any insight or troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #8,567 of 10,895
Hi guys. I have a mojo2/ploy combination set up. I am currently experiencing white noise coming from one side of my headphones. Only my headphones wire is connected directly to the mojo 2 3.5mm. I have Meze Liric headphones and have connected multiple headphone wires but am still experiencing the white noise. I have contacted Chord and am still waiting to heard back from them. Any insight or troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Try your phone out to M2 first to eliminate the 2nd part.

Jul 25, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #8,568 of 10,895
If I were to use EQ for my HD800S, would it be more advisable to use the EQ on the Mojo 2 itself, or to use a parametric EQ like Equalizer APO (or both)?

I'm currently using the Mojo 2 EQ (+3 / +1 / -1 / -1) but cannot but think that the parametric EQ on the PC can be more fine tuned, although I'm not sure if somehow the hardware EQ is still preferred by most people.

Jul 25, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #8,569 of 10,895
I remember that one member in this topic faced this issue before, he contacted Chord and needed to send the device to Chord for the fixing.

Jul 25, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #8,570 of 10,895
If I were to use EQ for my HD800S, would it be more advisable to use the EQ on the Mojo 2 itself, or to use a parametric EQ like Equalizer APO (or both)?

I'm currently using the Mojo 2 EQ (+3 / +1 / -1 / -1) but cannot but think that the parametric EQ on the PC can be more fine tuned, although I'm not sure if somehow the hardware EQ is still preferred by most people.
thats a good setting for your 800s. I would recommend a +6 in the low bass instead of +3, otherwise it's exactly what I use.

However, things are much improved if you stick a nice tube amp in between, the 800s increase their performance by 50%

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #8,571 of 10,895

You can fine tune withAPO but sonically the EQ onboard the mojo will likely be more transparent

Jul 25, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #8,572 of 10,895
thats a good setting for your 800s. I would recommend a +6 in the low bass instead of +3, otherwise it's exactly what I use.

However, things are much improved if you stick a nice tube amp in between, the 800s increase their performance by 50%
I added the xDuoo TA-20 recently and it really boosted the bass, I was previously using +5 and I feel like anything more than +3 is too much. The amp REALLY made me realize how much an amp helps on top of the Mojo 2.
You can fine tune withAPO but sonically the EQ onboard the mojo will likely be more transparent
I see, if the EQ on the Mojo is more transparent I might as well use just that. I used to use the APO but that's when I didn't have any EQ on the DAC.

Jul 26, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #8,573 of 10,895
I added the xDuoo TA-20 recently and it really boosted the bass
The amp REALLY made me realize how much an amp helps on top of the Mojo 2.

I think you mean that amplifier helps create a sound that suits your preference better than the Mojo 2 alone.

I don’t believe it is correct to infer that by default the Mojo 2 benefits from using it only as a DAC into another amplifier.

It clearly depends on the amplifier, the headphones and the listener’s preference.

Jul 26, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #8,574 of 10,895
I think you mean that amplifier helps create a sound that suits your preference better than the Mojo 2 alone.

I don’t believe it is correct to infer that by default the Mojo 2 benefits from using it only as a DAC into another amplifier.

It clearly depends on the amplifier, the headphones and the listener’s preference.
I was under the impression that Mojo 2 has a better DAC than the amp, similar to the Mojo 1. This is not the case?

Sure it can drive IEM's and low impedance full sized headphones, but there are amps better suited for headphones that require more power?

Jul 26, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #8,575 of 10,895
I was under the impression that Mojo 2 has a better DAC than the amp, similar to the Mojo 1. This is not the case?

Sure it can drive IEM's and low impedance full sized headphones, but there are amps better suited for headphones that require more power?
Absolutely. The CA Atlas iems are driven beautifully by Mojo2. But I need a grown up chain to properly drive my HEKse. This would even be more true for even harder to drive headphones, of which there are many. My chain for hekse is:
X Sabre 3 streamer/ dac > Charter Oak Professional analog mastering EQ > Headamp GSX Mini > HEKse. It sounds AMAZING

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #8,576 of 10,895

Neither Mojo actually have an amplification stage, you are essentially listening straight off the DAC with a volume control so if it is a good DAC it is also a good amplifier within the limits of voltage and current output.

Of course if the headphone genuinely need a lot of power then a suitable amplifier would be in order but the power output of the Mojo 2 is plenty for all but a few unusually very hard to drive headphones.

My Mojo drives my DCA Aeon Noire beautifully and on paper (13 ohms and 92 db/mw) they are harder to drive than the Hifiman that are mentioned by tlcocks, of course many buy into the notion that you need a ton of power, I don't and to my ear by DCA Aeon Noire sound the same off my ifi Go Bar as they do my ifi Diablo or comparable desktop amplifier.

Your mileage and opinion may vary.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #8,577 of 10,895
To those with white noise bursts during playback issues: unfortunately I am able to reproduce the problem when playing DSD256 files via poly using mconnect. I get it between tracks and also after the album finishes.

Jul 27, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #8,578 of 10,895
AFAIK, both M1 and M2 do not have a dedicated line-out because both do not have a dedicated amp section that needs to be bypassed, the line-out feature on M1 simply sets the output to a desired voltage for the line-out standard. On M2, you can set it manually, there is an instruction showing you what voltage level according to the volume color.
Hi friend, do you know where I can find the instruction you mentioned showing the voltage level according to the volume color?

Thank you.

Jul 27, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #8,579 of 10,895
Mis-post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back