Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 27, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #8,582 of 10,754
Neither Mojo actually have an amplification stage, you are essentially listening straight off the DAC with a volume control so if it is a good DAC it is also a good amplifier within the limits of voltage and current output.

Of course if the headphone genuinely need a lot of power then a suitable amplifier would be in order but the power output of the Mojo 2 is plenty for all but a few unusually very hard to drive headphones.

My Mojo drives my DCA Aeon Noire beautifully and on paper (13 ohms and 92 db/mw) they are harder to drive than the Hifiman that are mentioned by tlcocks, of course many buy into the notion that you need a ton of power, I don't and to my ear by DCA Aeon Noire sound the same off my ifi Go Bar as they do my ifi Diablo or comparable desktop amplifier.

Your mileage and opinion may vary.

I use the Noire's directly from Mojo 2 as well and no problems at all with Power. I was told that the DCA Stealth requires an external amp to get the most out of them but I don't own anything nearly that demanding.
While at my desk, I still go through my GSX mini but it's not that I need the extra power for any of my current headphones. It's more out of force of habit as I had the GSX Mini before the mojo. I think it does add a bit of a class A flavour to the sound which definitely isn't a bad thing. Would be interesting to A/B in any case.
Now that I have the white noise problem fixed, the Mojo 2 is back to being my go to for anything headphone related. It's been well over a year of ownershio and I still gush on about it. That's saying something!

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #8,583 of 10,754
I use the Noire's directly from Mojo 2 as well and no problems at all with Power. I was told that the DCA Stealth requires an external amp to get the most out of them but I don't own anything nearly that demanding.
While at my desk, I still go through my GSX mini but it's not that I need the extra power for any of my current headphones. It's more out of force of habit as I had the GSX Mini before the mojo. I think it does add a bit of a class A flavour to the sound which definitely isn't a bad thing. Would be interesting to A/B in any case.
Now that I have the white noise problem fixed, the Mojo 2 is back to being my go to for anything headphone related. It's been well over a year of ownershio and I still gush on about it. That's saying something!
The DCA Stealths are driven more than adequately with the Mojo 2. There are better pairings for sure. It's actually a nice pairing. Crank up the 20Hz on the EQ and the Stealths respond well. No distortion or breakup, just more bass.

I just have an issue traveling with a $4K headphone that really isn't portable as much at it is transportable. I think the Aeon Noire overall are a better travel partner with the Mojo 2.

Jul 27, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #8,584 of 10,754
The DCA Stealths are driven more than adequately with the Mojo 2. There are better pairings for sure. It's actually a nice pairing. Crank up the 20Hz on the EQ and the Stealths respond well. No distortion or breakup, just more bass.

I just have an issue traveling with a $4K headphone that really isn't portable as much at it is transportable. I think the Aeon Noire overall are a better travel partner with the Mojo 2.
Cool that you can drive your Stealth with Mojo 2!
Yea, that's why I bought the Noire's. They're my most portable (good) set of cans. Stellia also fit the bill but they look as much as they cost which makes me nervous. Sort of like wearing Rolex in a bad neighbourhood. They don't fold like the Noire's do either. Only thing I would change on the Noire's is clamp pressure is a bit much for longer sessions. Oh and now that I'm thinking about it, I'd change the case to somehow fit the cans with left and right wires still attached with enough room for Mojo 2. Mr Dan Clark, are you listening? :L3000:

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #8,585 of 10,754

Agreed, Mojo 2 drives the Stealths perfectly. I run 125Hz shelf at +3dB, all other EQs at 0.

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #8,591 of 10,754
I had my mojo 2 for 3 weeks and its sonic characters is changing from good to bad back and forth upon heavy usage. Anyone had that experience? When should it settle?
What HP or IEMs are you using?

What are you using to drive your M2?

Does the same thing happen when you swap phones and/or digital feed?

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #8,592 of 10,754
What HP or IEMs are you using?

What are you using to drive your M2?

Does the same thing happen when you swap phones and/or digital feed?
I am using a 20 year old Grado rs1 with drivers and cable refreshed 2 years ago.

A Mac Air M2 was driving the Mojo 2 from the usb-C port through the dragon tail to the Micro usb.

I had swap the Mac to a transport through the coax input and the same thing happened. I had not tried to swap the headphone yet. I should try when next time it happened.

Thanks for your response.

Jul 30, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #8,594 of 10,754
There‘s the problem
Finally find out some clue to the bad audio issue.

Here is my 2 cents:

I guess there is nothing wrong the refreshed legacy Grado.

I had cell phone powered off and was charging nearby. The bad audio came back right away. It happened to my earbud as well as the Grado. The EMI was affecting the mojo 2, the headphone or IEM with different severity and the Grado was the most prompt to this EMI noise and responsible for most of the lost in audio quality.

Since the bad audio also happened once in a while when the cell phone was not charging. The Grado could be affecting by some other unknown EMI source in the environment.

Do anyone had any success in minimizing this EMI successfully? Please enlighten me if you had any idea.

Jul 30, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #8,595 of 10,754
I had my mojo 2 for 3 weeks and its sonic characters is changing from good to bad back and forth upon heavy usage. Anyone had that experience? When should it settle?
to me Mojo2 needs 30mins warm up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back