Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #8,341 of 10,527
Hey,
so I made a video on this issue:

Working away at my desk and using the MFi07S with no issues (excuse the mess) I have over 100 hours with no issues actually.
Going to make a quick update vid on this when time permits but I think because the 7S is newer than the 9S and whichever DD Hifi cable I had before, they tout it as being more compatible. That's certainly how it's looking to me at least. Consider exchanging if possible and please let me know your findings.
Chibs
IMG_5540.JPG

I have iPhone14pro Max. I was using DDHIFI MFi07R rather than S. The letter denotes Straight vs Right angle. It did eventually start giving white noise issues. Initially once in a blue moon but over time coming down to the 10 minute level. Camera adaptor, like you, no problem. Discussing the issue with the person I buy the DDHIFI cables from in the U.K. he indicated they are not so robust which results in the cable degrading over time. I bought a replacement MFi07S a couple of months ago (waiting on availability of an upgraded cable) and to far it has not given a problem. I’m treating this one gently and making sure I only pull on the connector not the cable.

So yes the DDHiFi07S and R work perfectly with the iPhone14Pro Max and Mojo2 but treat it gently. I have a spare just in case.

Another note on the update to Mojo2. I have white noise issues when using my M1 MacBook Pro. I have an RMA to get my Mojo2 updated but switched my office listening to a Ropieee system connected to DAVE so haven’t bothered to follow up on the update.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #8,342 of 10,527
I have iPhone14pro Max. I was using DDHIFI MFi07R rather than S. The letter denotes Straight vs Right angle. It did eventually start giving white noise issues. Initially once in a blue moon but over time coming down to the 10 minute level. Camera adaptor, like you, no problem. Discussing the issue with the person I buy the DDHIFI cables from in the U.K. he indicated they are not so robust which results in the cable degrading over time. I bought a replacement MFi07S a couple of months ago (waiting on availability of an upgraded cable) and to far it has not given a problem. I’m treating this one gently and making sure I only pull on the connector not the cable.

So yes the DDHiFi07S and R work perfectly with the iPhone14Pro Max and Mojo2 but treat it gently. I have a spare just in case.

Another note on the update to Mojo2. I have white noise issues when using my M1 MacBook Pro. I have an RMA to get my Mojo2 updated but switched my office listening to a Ropieee system connected to DAVE so haven’t bothered to follow up on the update.
That's so interesting. My older DD Hifi cable used with the 13 pro worked perfectly until I switched to the 14 Pro Max. My wife still has a 13 Pro and you've peaked my curiosity enough for me to test her's with the old cable and see if I get white noise.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #8,344 of 10,527
Lots of gear is on sale at the moment because of fathers day.
Yes of course. I guess that’s an American thing. In the UK we just sometimes send a card and that’s about it 😂

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #8,345 of 10,527
I've lately been running the mojo2 as a DAC into the new Topping A70 Pro using a Pangea 3.5mm to RCA cable. I decided to try a better solid silver cable (Wireworld Nano-Platinum Eclipse Mini Jack Cable) that I got a good deal on and, oh boy, it's like listening directly out of the mojo2 now. The Pangea (copper) cable was half the length of the silver cable (.5m vs 1m), but still adding a bit of veil and warmth that seems to be gone now. Even at lengths of 1m or less, the conductor makes an audible difference.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #8,346 of 10,527
Good idea because there do seem to be a handful of iems which are so sensitive that owners can hear a hiss.
I can attest to this as both my U12t’s and Xelentos (gen 2) exhibits hiss (barely audible) but Stellias and 702’s do not.

Jun 14, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #8,347 of 10,527
I've reached the same conclusion. Although it initially doesn't feel like crossfeed low makes any difference, turning it off after a listening session reveals that it was actually doing a good job of bringing the music together, so to peak - which I think is the lush / organic result you mention. Higher levels take that too far and seem to take something away from the music. All small differences of course, but to my ears noticeable.
I kinda liked the crossfeed on on low too, but with certain iems or headphones. Those who do play with a recessed(ish) midrange play very nice with crossfeed enabled, but otherwise it could be too much of a good thing (to my ears anyway). Also, what seems to happen when cf is enabled is that the midbass gets a boost, however slight, regardless is the iem or headphone in use.

Jun 14, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #8,348 of 10,527
I disagree that Poly is robbery. People spend way more money on high-end DAP's that if they fail after even one or two months the repair route is to return it to China, pay a fortune in postage and wait a good amount of time for for it to come back.

I recently returned my 2Go back to Chord, it is over 2 years old, it cost me £8 for the Special Deliver next day insured for £1000, postage and it was back with me in a week, FOC, I know Chord would offer a similar service for my Poly. Try that with a Xduoo product, or a Hiby, Shanling, Cayin, etc etc DAP.

While this is a neat solution it is only using Bluetooth, perhaps I couldn't hear the difference (I know I couldn't :) ) but I would know its Bluetooth and at that point what would be the point of my FLAC collection, I may as well swap back to MP3's
To me, the price is a bit high, but robbery? Would disagree on that. The sound difference going from chorded (eg. USB to Mojo) to Poly is perceivable and hard to go back from once heard. Especially using Audirvāna as server(?).

Haven’t heard/tried listening from SD-card, but people say that further upps the sound, so…

If you can find one used for a good price, then I think it’s a given.

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #8,349 of 10,527
To me, the price is a bit high, but robbery? Would disagree on that. The sound difference going from chorded (eg. USB to Mojo) to Poly is perceivable and hard to go back from once heard. Especially using Audirvāna as server(?).

Haven’t heard/tried listening from SD-card, but people say that further upps the sound, so…

If you can find one used for a good price, then I think it’s a given.
I can confirm it definitely sounds better when listening form the SD-card.

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #8,350 of 10,527
I kinda liked the crossfeed on on low too, but with certain iems or headphones. Those who do play with a recessed(ish) midrange play very nice with crossfeed enabled, but otherwise it could be too much of a good thing (to my ears anyway). Also, what seems to happen when cf is enabled is that the midbass gets a boost, however slight, regardless is the iem or headphone in use.
Totally agree xfeed boosts the mid-bass ever so slightly

Jun 14, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #8,353 of 10,527
(forgive the small rant)
My current frustration is with OTG lightning to USB-C cables - they keep breaking. I've been through three so far, two generic ones and one DDhifi Mfi06.
I try to be as careful as possible when on the move but obviously that's not always possible, especially during crowded commutes. But I didn't imagine they'd be this fragile! none have lasted more than 2 months.
Ordered another ddhifi coz it's a genuinely good cable, and the Cayin RU6 one to have a back up.
In the interim, I'm using the Apple lightning to USB adapter with a generic USB A to C cable - works (and feels fairly robust) but ungainly and unwieldy.
Anyone else experience high failure rates with OTG cables?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #8,355 of 10,527
(forgive the small rant)
My current frustration is with OTG lightning to USB-C cables - they keep breaking. I've been through three so far, two generic ones and one DDhifi Mfi06.
I try to be as careful as possible when on the move but obviously that's not always possible, especially during crowded commutes. But I didn't imagine they'd be this fragile! none have lasted more than 2 months.
Ordered another ddhifi coz it's a genuinely good cable, and the Cayin RU6 one to have a back up.
In the interim, I'm using the Apple lightning to USB adapter with a generic USB A to C cable - works (and feels fairly robust) but ungainly and unwieldy.
Anyone else experience high failure rates with OTG cables?
Quite early on with Mojo 1 I had this experience. The cost to replace the cables was one thing, the sheer frustration at not being able to listen to Mojo when I wanted was too much. That drove me to buy Poly. It ended up being a great decision

Users who are viewing this thread

Back