Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #6,976 of 10,857
Just want to check that there isn't something wrong my unit... may just my ears... but is the crossfeed designed to impact the sound EXTREMELY subtly? or is it something that is more apparent on speakers than headphones?

So far I've tried it with Etymotic ER4XR and AKG K361. I only notice a slight difference in the jump from full cross to crossfeed off, but barely notice a difference when going from level 1 to 2 to 3. I'll try other headphones eventually (when I have access to them again) but just going off my first impressions. I expected something like the ifi 3D / XSpace setting but those are far more obvious. Is that how it's supposed to be?

The Sub-bass boost is also very subtle but I do find my headphones more fatiguing if I overdo it so I'm confident that works.
Crossfeed is subtle with some music so it depends what you are listening too, have a listen to some Beatles tracks from the 60's where the vocals came from one side and the instruments the other, you will notice it then. :wink:

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #6,977 of 10,857
Crossfeed is subtle with some music so it depends what you are listening too, have a listen to some Beatles tracks from the 60's where the vocals came from one side and the instruments the other, you will notice it then. :wink:
That's a great suggestion for testing the crossfeed. Centre stage suddenly opens up and feels like part of the recording. interesting.

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #6,978 of 10,857

That's my experience also. For most music crosfeed seems to centre the vocals and instruments in a noticeable, but not extreme way, so it sounds less like the typical "in your head" sound we get from headphones. For the old music (like The Beatles) that had all instrumentation in one channel, and vocals in the other, that made it less enjoyable through headphones (sometimes unlistenable) vs loudspeakers. Max crossfeed pulls that together so the left-right mixes through headphones aren't so jarring.
I haven't tried it through an amp powering loudspeakers as I'd say that speaker positioning would have a more noticeable effect on imaging than Mojo 2 crossfeed.

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #6,979 of 10,857
Just want to check that there isn't something wrong my unit... may just my ears... but is the crossfeed designed to impact the sound EXTREMELY subtly? or is it something that is more apparent on speakers than headphones?

So far I've tried it with Etymotic ER4XR and AKG K361. I only notice a slight difference in the jump from full cross to crossfeed off, but barely notice a difference when going from level 1 to 2 to 3. I'll try other headphones eventually (when I have access to them again) but just going off my first impressions. I expected something like the ifi 3D / XSpace setting but those are far more obvious. Is that how it's supposed to be?

The Sub-bass boost is also very subtle but I do find my headphones more fatiguing if I overdo it so I'm confident that works.
It's recording dependant I think

Older recordings really noticeable, newer less so.

Try Time Out by Dave Brubeck, right from the start it's remarkable how much difference it makes, scrolling through the 4 levels of crossfeed. Then try a modern recording like I dunno, Black Mascara by Raye, subtle changes at best

Feb 23, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #6,981 of 10,857
Hi,
My MOJO2 just died on Tuesday.
It just shutdown.
Charging the unit for 2 days now and with 2 different cables as well.
Power up the unit. Unit went through its normal check then shutdown. Did that couple times and still shutdown.
Email my dealer for advice.

Feb 23, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #6,982 of 10,857
Hi,
My MOJO2 just died on Tuesday.
It just shutdown.
Charging the unit for 2 days now and with 2 different cables as well.
Power up the unit. Unit went through its normal check then shutdown. Did that couple times and still shutdown.
Email my dealer for advice.
Sounds like a bad/defective battery.

Feb 24, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #6,985 of 10,857
Does desktop mode still work ??

Feb 24, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #6,986 of 10,857
Lots of us would be interested to know what could go wrong. Please report back or maybe @Rob Watts has an idea.
All,
Don't know why it keeps shutting down after a sequence check. So, I read section of mojo2 manual and scanned through section Factory Reset at Lockdown Mode.
I tried couple + and - . Suddenly, mojo2 starts to work again at Volume page and power stays as well.
Tried to power cycle couple more times to confirm if mojo2 is ok. Power stays....
Tried to hear music and all is ok.

So, I guess tried to do Factory Reset inside Lockdown Mode, purple color on MENU ball then it's back to normal...
I just don't know the reason why the power keeps shutting off....
I never touch anything inside LOCKDOWN MODE......

Feb 25, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #6,988 of 10,857
I've said multiple times that I have struggled to hear any differences between DACs and I have done a lot of testing that lead me to that conclusion but recently things changed. I don't know what changed exactly since then but I'll explain now, I needed something portable and powerful enough for Sennheisers and just decided to pick up a Mojo2.

I have just been using the little Chord DAC casually without expecting any big improvements and I have been quite surprised, I know my headphones very well (HD650) I have had them for a long time so I know if anything changes with the sound when trying a new DAC. Nothing has really made me want to spend more money on an upgrade from everything ive tried so I settled on something cheap but using the Mojo2 has completely changed my opinion on converters.

The Chord has a layered, tighter and more nimble bass. Mids are open and clear. Highs are fast and detailed. The transients are really quite something and im just very impressed with the overall timing, I really did not expect to hear such improvements from something this size especially. Absolutely no need for additional amplification I actually think it sounds better directly from the Mojo2. The biggest thing that stood out to me is how enjoyable poor recordings are, I no longer feel like I need to skip albums due to the sound quality ruining the experience and that alone I feel like is worth the money.

IMG_7461.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #6,989 of 10,857
I've said multiple times that I have struggled to hear any differences between DACs and I have done a lot of testing that lead me to that conclusion but recently things changed. I don't know what changed exactly since then but I'll explain now, I needed something portable and powerful enough for Sennheisers and just decided to pick up a Mojo2.

I have just been using the little Chord DAC casually without expecting any big improvements and I have been quite surprised, I know my headphones very well (HD650) I have had them for a long time so I know if anything changes with the sound when trying a new DAC. Nothing has really made me want to spend more money on an upgrade from everything ive tried so I settled on something cheap but using the Mojo2 has completely changed my opinion on converters.

The Chord has a layered, tighter and more nimble bass. Mids are open and clear. Highs are fast and detailed. The transients are really quite something and im just very impressed with the overall timing, I really did not expect to hear such improvements from something this size especially. Absolutely no need for additional amplification I actually think it sounds better directly from the Mojo2. The biggest thing that stood out to me is how enjoyable poor recordings are, I no longer feel like I need to skip albums due to the sound quality ruining the experience and that alone I feel like is worth the money.

IMG_7461.jpeg
Nice photo, man!

Feb 26, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #6,990 of 10,857

Yes, I agree with everything said. The doubt I have is whether or not an upgrade to the Hugo 2 is worth it (only taking into account the standard sound result, forgetting the question of crossfeed and DSP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back