Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 11, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #6,871 of 10,857
If the M0 Pro is the same as the M1 and M0, then they used Hiby software, and one could install the HibyLink app on phones and tablets, and use the app to control the DAP. This approach has the advantage that one has a much larger display screen, which makes it easier to see/read/control the DAP.
It's not.

Shanling uses Eddict player to control the M0 pro via synclink. The new player uses some flavor of bluetooth LE since it is no longer compatible with the iOS version of Eddict. You can only use android. The M0 could be controlled by iOS but it was buggy at best.

I would love to be wrong about this, but there's never been a mention of Hiby compatibility with the M0 from anywhere I've seen.

Feb 12, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #6,873 of 10,857
Why bother anyway when you can just run UAPP to Mojo, just sit down and enjoy? So what BT means you can go and make a cup of tea? Is that it ?
Or if you’re in the kitchen cooking/cleaning. If I’m organizing my closets or doing other activities that require moving around more than a couple feet. List goes on. I actually find the SQ of LDAC to the M0 pro/mojo 2 amazingly good for background music listening. I get about 15–20 feet of range easily.

Are there better ways to be mobile than BT to a mojo 2? Absolutely. I can also see why someone wants to make the mojo 2 more portable—especially if they are using the EQ and cross feed for a particular transducer. In my case, I have a transducer that needs the juice (DCA Stealth). No dongle I’ve owned to date can cut it with the Stealths. :beerchug:

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #6,877 of 10,857
Anyone still having issues with burts of loud noise over usb? I’m thinking about picking one up soon to give it another try but I’ll be using Mojo2 on usb this time instead of optical.
It seems like what I’ve read is that a thunderbolt to iPad should do the trick, seems like it was a cable issue for a lot of peeps.. admittedly, reading about these things happening would always make me anxious it could do damage to cans. When the bursts happen, do they happen at the volume that was set on the mojo, or does it get super loud?

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #6,878 of 10,857
It seems like what I’ve read is that a thunderbolt to iPad should do the trick, seems like it was a cable issue for a lot of peeps.. admittedly, reading about these things happening would always make me anxious it could do damage to cans. When the bursts happen, do they happen at the volume that was set on the mojo, or does it get super loud?
mojo does not change the volume, but the signal goes at maximum amplitude within the current volume, so everything will depend on how the file being played looks like, for example, I always use normalization and therefore in my case it is very loud (twice as loud!)

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #6,879 of 10,857
I remember reading that it was at the set volume. If I remember correctly, it was Rob Watts that posted the information. On the couple of occasions it happened to me, it was certainly surprising, but not louder than the set volume.

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #6,883 of 10,857
The simplicity that works really well.

iPod Touch + Apple Music + Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter + Mojo2

Extremely satisfied (and no white noise).

41737994-38CD-46E7-9C6A-FB2EF8FB654E.jpeg

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #6,884 of 10,857
The simplicity that works really well.

iPod Touch + Apple Music + Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter + Mojo2

Extremely satisfied (and no white noise).

41737994-38CD-46E7-9C6A-FB2EF8FB654E.jpeg
What cable do you have that goes from the camera adaptor to the mojo? Length/brand? Thanks!

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #6,885 of 10,857
Had flu, so was using Mojo 2 for last 4 days, all via USB. No white noise here (Android & PC)
I feel like it’s really an apple issue (could be wrong!) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back