Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 18, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #6,496 of 10,546
Cases are nice, but!
Since the device warms up, specially when playing and charging, the case can impede cooling.
Be aware of that.
I find it gets slightly warm only when using & charging at same time.

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #6,497 of 10,546
I'm just awaiting a 3D printed Mojo 2 Poly case based on one shared in this thread, I'll let you know how I get on.

Jan 18, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #6,498 of 10,546
I think like pretty much anything in this hobby, as soon as somebody uses terms like "significantly better", "dramatic improvement", "night and day difference" you want to take that with a massive pinch of salt and assume that the difference in reality might be somewhat subtle to potentially not even real/audible.

As much as I admire the chap in the CMA videos the degree of change indicated in the video above seemed unlikely to be genuinely accurate in terms of most peoples interpretation of what he is saying.

Or maybe I am just a pessimistic old so and so with sub par hearing :relaxed:
Does Rob Watts any input on this 35 minute warm-up period?

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #6,501 of 10,546
I could not track it down but I recall reading a comment from him here that warm up wasn’t a thing at all, it would sound the same the moment it was turned on.

I am happy to be corrected but that is my recollection.
Correct. That’s what he said. That’s also what I’ve observed

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #6,503 of 10,546
Can anyone here confirm that the Mojo 2 requiers 35+ minutes warm-up time to sound it's best?
Mine sounds great once turned on. Time passes and it still sounds great. If I've listen for 35 minutes, I'm in a calmer happier state of mind. This can effect your perception of sound perhaps. Psycho acoustics.

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #6,504 of 10,546
Mine sounds great once turned on. Time passes and it still sounds great. If I've listen for 35 minutes, I'm in a calmer happier state of mind. This can effect your perception of sound perhaps. Psycho acoustics.
I feel like the perception of it getting better is a thing as well as your ears adjusting to the sound coming out of the headphones. Like your brain takes a minute to get used to the cans delivering music.

I certainly cannot tell that the music sounds better after 35 minutes, but as you said, its like I'm more into it 35 minutes into it, i've typically turned the volume up a couple of times and gotten into an album or playlist.

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #6,505 of 10,546
So I’ve had battery issues with my (old) Poly. Now replaced by chord no issues (very quick too). They also mentioned about a GoFigure app crash which I was experiencing and I thought it was unique to me but they say it’s affecting all.

Issue was I couldn’t click on “Device Settings”. Guessing other folks are getting this too?

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #6,506 of 10,546
So I’ve had battery issues with my (old) Poly. Now replaced by chord no issues (very quick too). They also mentioned about a GoFigure app crash which I was experiencing and I thought it was unique to me but they say it’s affecting all.

Issue was I couldn’t click on “Device Settings”. Guessing other folks are getting this too?
Yes, I've started getting this too.

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #6,507 of 10,546

I have the same issue. I bought a H2 and 2go and was unable to update it. It crashed on device settings and thus I couldn't get to the firmware section. I solved this by using Android as iOS was the culprit for me.

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #6,508 of 10,546
I have the same issue. I bought a H2 and 2go and was unable to update it. It crashed on device settings and thus I couldn't get to the firmware section. I solved this by using Android as iOS was the culprit for me.
Interesting thanks!

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #6,509 of 10,546
Same here, tried 2 iOS devices with iOS 15.7.2 and iOS 16.2

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #6,510 of 10,546
Annoyingly when I get my unit back with a replaced battery I suspect this will stop me using it as it may need reconfiguring. I’m surprised no new Poly users have mentioned it on this thread??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back