Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 6, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #6,376 of 10,553
I tried playing different sample rate files ranging from 44khz to 192khz files (mp3s, FLACs, youtube, tidal) on PC. The mojo 2's display colour did not change from orange (48khz). I tried all inputs the from USB-C, MicroUSB and Optical the results are the same. I tried it with the WIIM mini through optical. The colour turned red.
Is this normal?

Have you installed mojo 2 software?

Jan 6, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #6,379 of 10,553
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #6,380 of 10,553
I tried playing different sample rate files ranging from 44khz to 192khz files (mp3s, FLACs, youtube, tidal) on PC. The mojo 2's display colour did not change from orange (48khz). I tried all inputs the from USB-C, MicroUSB and Optical the results are the same. I tried it with the WIIM mini through optical. The colour turned red.
Is this normal?

Sounds like you're not outputting bit-perfect from your PC. The Mojo is getting fed by your PC's sound card, so it's receiving the bit rate at whatever your PC's soundcard is set to.

From your PC, you need to ensure that the playback software you are using is set to output to ASIO or WASAPI. You can use something like MusicBee, for example, where you can Edit the playback preferences to output WASAPI to your MOJO.

Jan 7, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #6,381 of 10,553
Sounds like you're not outputting bit-perfect from your PC. The Mojo is getting fed by your PC's sound card, so it's receiving the bit rate at whatever your PC's soundcard is set to.

From your PC, you need to ensure that the playback software you are using is set to output to ASIO or WASAPI. You can use something like MusicBee, for example, where you can Edit the playback preferences to output WASAPI to your MOJO.
I think my pc does not auto switch the bit rate of the songs. I tried to fiddle around with the settings. Whatever settings i set the default format to, the mojo will show the colour according to the settings I chose even if I played a track that is lower in bit rate. Wierd...

Attachments

• Image 001.jpg
    Image 001.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #6,382 of 10,553
I think my pc does not auto switch the bit rate of the songs. I tried to fiddle around with the settings. Whatever settings i set the default format to, the mojo will show the colour according to the settings I chose even if I played a track that is lower in bit rate. Wierd...
That's correct. Your PC will not auto-switch the bit rate. Like I said, you need software to output WASAPI or ASIO bit-perfect to Mojo. Then your Mojo will receive the correct bit-rate of the file. Try MusicBee. It's free, and it's great.

You can't get bit-perfect out of Youtube as far as I know.

Jan 7, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #6,383 of 10,553
Is this normal?

In the Tidal app you should be able to select the Mojo as the output device, click “more settings” then toggle on “Exclusive Mode” which should override all other audio settings.

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #6,385 of 10,553
Anyone feeding USB from Laptop/PC to Mojo/Mojo2 should look into something like Douk Audio u2 and use optical input on Mojo. I totally forgot what this DAC is capable of and found myself mainly listening through Shanling m6 pro DAP, till Douk cheap converter arrived. Staging goes up a notch, while my DAP in comparison has no depth. I'm mainly experienced with Chord DAC's and even Qutest suffers from Macbooks USB input.

Might be a bit too big of a stack for portable use, but well worth for my case

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-01-07 at 15.50.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-07 at 15.50.47.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 8, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #6,387 of 10,553
Hey guys, if anyone of you is using the Mojo 2 with a computer and a wireless keyboard/mouse, have a look at this question of mine, please :)

Thank you :)

Jan 8, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #6,388 of 10,553
Hey guys, if anyone of you is using the Mojo 2 with a computer and a wireless keyboard/mouse, have a look at this question of mine, please :)

I am using Mojo 2 with desktop PC and wireless mouse and keyboard with no issue at all. For headphone use I connect the Mojo 2 to Burson Soloist 3X GT and it is dead silent. If that's what worries you.

Jan 8, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #6,389 of 10,553
I am using Mojo 2 with desktop PC and wireless mouse and keyboard with no issue at all. For headphone use I connect the Mojo 2 to Burson Soloist 3X GT and it is dead silent. If that's what worries you.
Thank you, and yes, I am asking because I never had a wireless keyboard/mouse so I was wondering it there could be any interference affecting the sound quality or even the functionality of the keyboard/mouse, like seeing a jumpy cursor or the keyboard not responding, etc. I will be connecting all the Bluetooth devices on my signature via Bluetooth and the Mojo 2 via Optical connection.

Thanks again! :)

PS: if anyone can recommend a good/reliable wireless keyboard and mouse, up to £100, preferably from Amazon UK, I'd appreciate it! I am not a gamer. Some lights on the keys would be great.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #6,390 of 10,553

I also use a wireless keyboard and mouse on my work/home office HP Z Book which I occasionally use with various DAC/Amps.

I use a Microsoft Surface Keyboard and Mouse and like them, no key lighting though, I am not sure how common that is on a bluetooth keyboard since they are only powered by a couple of small batteries.

More importantly I don't believe there is any downside to using them in terms of sound quality of connected devices.

What you do want to avoid is using a USB-C hub.

I have a second Dell screen that has a built in hub which connects the screen and powers the laptop. While great in terms of other functionality there is some audio downsides. If I use a connected audio device with the laptop plugged into the second screen, and thus the hub and power, I can hear annoying scraping sort of noise when moving the mouse. If I removed the screen by simply unplugging the USB-C the noise disappears and I can use the mouse connected to the laptop without issue. I have read other references to audio issues with USB-C hubs, presumably the downside of having so much happening over one small cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back