Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #5,851 of 11,002
Don't push me in that direction. :ksc75smile: :sweat_smile:
To be fair, I didn't stay with the combo very long. Mojo 2 was good, but lost some elements that I liked about the Shanling M6, particularly nuance and resolution in the bass and low level higher frequency information. I ended up with Hugo 2 / 2Go which is simply magical with the Quads.

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #5,852 of 11,002
I‘ve had the Clears for 2 years and IMO they pair well with the Chord DACs, I use them mainly with the Hugo2Go.
Their signature is balanced and detailed, really leaning neutral with a touch of warmth and a little bit of bite in the treble.
What strikes me about the Clears is how realistic and natural they sound to me.
That can take a moment to adjust to when I change from a more colored IEM or my DCA AEON Noire headphones to the Clears.
Especially coming from the DCA AEON the dynamic capabilities of the Clears stand out too.
One thing to keep in mind, being open back dynamic driver headphones the Clears have some limitations in sub bass boosting capabilities.
Listening at normal levels they are very good, but with sub bass heavy music at very high volume or with a digital bass boost you can reach their mechanical excursion limits.

What IEMs are you using and what is your tuning preference?
Hopefully I'll get to try the Clears today, there are also some LCD2s for a little over my budget and used pair for just under. I do like to listen quite loudly. Current IEMs are CA Dorado and IMR Rahs and I use a L&P w2 out and about.

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #5,853 of 11,002
Hopefully I'll get to try the Clears today, there are also some LCD2s for a little over my budget and used pair for just under. I do like to listen quite loudly. Current IEMs are CA Dorado and IMR Rahs and I use a L&P w2 out and about.
If you want something with a similar signature as you

Nov 25, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #5,854 of 11,002
Let us know how you like the Clears.
I have my own opinion , interesting to hear yours.

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #5,855 of 11,002
Rob, thank you for this information!

So the replacement unit I should receive in about 4 weeks should never ever show this fatal error. The error on the faulty device shows up on each power cycle. The device is on it's way back to the German shop and they will send it to their Chord distributor.

How can we assure you get this unit for investigation? At least I will let the seller know about your interest at this device.
I spoke to Chord yesterday, and they were already aware of the issue from the distributor. The faulty unit will get sent back to me.

Nov 26, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #5,856 of 11,002
Looking for some guidance, option of buying open box "as new" mojo2 for £399 or "used" mojo for £150 ish.

1 comparison I read rated the audio of the mojo at 8.5 and the mojo2 as 9. Is that fair?

Usage would mainly be connected to a fiio m11 and driving those headphones listed in my signature.

I could stretch to the higher price if the sound quality justifies it.

Ps I only listen to local files on dap and do not stream
I don’t agree with the comparison. I was not a fan of Mojo 1. It lacked detail, space and air compared to iFi portable gear.

The Mojo 2 is far better.

Mojo 1 = 6.5 vs Mojo 2 = 9.0.

Buy the AS NEW. i got mine for £399 from AV.com.
I don’t even think it was used. Works perfectly. Packaging perfectly new. Full Warranty.

Nov 26, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #5,857 of 11,002
I still have both the OG and the M2 and IMO the OG holds up very well in terms of SQ, depending on what’s more important to you.
The og sounds softer and more mid forward with a smaller stage and less definition in both top and bottom end, but it has maybe even more emotional power than the M2 with vocals. M2 is more neutral and objectively better, but both are giving similar levels of joy to me. M2 more analytical, og more emotional.

Nov 26, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #5,858 of 11,002
I don’t agree with the comparison. I was not a fan of Mojo 1. It lacked detail, space and air compared to iFi portable gear.

The Mojo 2 is far better.

Mojo 1 = 6.5 vs Mojo 2 = 9.0.

Buy the AS NEW. i got mine for £399 from AV.com.
I don’t even think it was used. Works perfectly. Packaging perfectly new. Full Warranty.
Thanks for advice.

I may order from Amazon to give it a road test, then buy "as new" if impressed. No other way for me to try it out otherwise.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #5,859 of 11,002
Thanks for advice.

I may order from Amazon to give it a road test, then buy "as new" if impressed. No other way for me to try it out otherwise.
Sensible, although the AS NEW stock quantity might deplete.

I think you can return to AV.COM if not happy as they have a 30day guarantee, plus 14day return is standard uk retail policy.

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #5,860 of 11,002
Any opinion on using these with planars, primarily the Lcd-X ? I have read varying reports.

Also Richer sounds are offering new with leather case at £499...tempted

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #5,862 of 11,002
I still have both the OG and the M2 and IMO the OG holds up very well in terms of SQ, depending on what’s more important to you.
The og sounds softer and more mid forward with a smaller stage and less definition in both top and bottom end, but it has maybe even more emotional power than the M2 with vocals. M2 is more neutral and objectively better, but both are giving similar levels of joy to me. M2 more analytical, og more emotional.
I agree. I own both versions and much prefer the original Mojo especially with a lifeless IEM like the U12t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back