Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 2, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #4,846 of 10,527
My short list is:
Chord Mojo 2
IFi Go bar gold
iFi Diablo

Most important consideration is best sound quality for specifically driving my Focal Clear MG headphones.

Any thoughts here?

EQ and imaging capabilities would be a winner for me so Mojo 2. Clear has a bit of graininess & peaks in treble, thus with longer listening sessions I used to get headaches. Of course I could tame it with EQ, but than headphones lost it's character and in the end I sold Clear's. I'm lurker on M2 myself as I've read it has better implemented EQ than what you get through a software so maybe I'll try to re-unite my love with Clears too.

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #4,847 of 10,527
It would be helpful for the community, owners and potential buyers, if you would describe a bit the circumstances under which the white noise occurred. Were you using a computer? Desktop or laptop? Mac or Windows? Were you using a smartphone or a DAP? Listening to your own source files (FLACs?) or a streaming service?

Finally, all this information should be reported to Chord support and their response posted here.

Samsung S21, DD Hifi Cable, 64audio U12T and streaming Tidal.

I was listening Jazz in my bed with the lights off trying to relax when the white noise came really loud.

bfdcf06a8111b8b5dcf5d01ce8e24b83672ed69d-2814x1469.jpeg

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #4,849 of 10,527
EQ and imaging capabilities would be a winner for me so Mojo 2. Clear has a bit of graininess & peaks in treble, thus with longer listening sessions I used to get headaches. Of course I could tame it with EQ, but than headphones lost it's character and in the end I sold Clear's. I'm lurker on M2 myself as I've read it has better implemented EQ than what you get through a software so maybe I'll try to re-unite my love with Clears too.
I had similar experience with my previously owned Clears, but the Clear MG does not have sibilance or sharpness at all. So not an issue.

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #4,850 of 10,527
You think the Gryphon will deliver better sound quality then Diablo? I don’t use Bluetooth features

How will you be using these devices? if at a desk I would go Diablo, lot of money though.

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #4,851 of 10,527
My short list is:
Chord Mojo 2
IFi Go bar gold
iFi Diablo

Most important consideration is best sound quality for specifically driving my Focal Clear MG headphones.

Any thoughts here?
Didn't directly try the Diablo nor the Gold bar, but in a direct A/B comparison at my local dealer I found the Mojo 2 more natural and musical than the Ifi micro iDSD Signature to drive my Focal Utopia as a travel setup, and ended up buying it. The dealer had the Diablo as well, but he said the iDSD is as good if not better if you don't need the additional power.

The Mojo is a bit quirky for the usability, but once you get used to the color menu it really is a great tool.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #4,852 of 10,527

I was listening Jazz in my bed with the lights off trying to relax when the white noise came really loud.

That's quite worrying, luckily I'm using mine mainly for desktop duty though an amp, would've liked to take it out now again but using IEM's I'd be too scared.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #4,853 of 10,527

So, you were using your smartphone which was lying on a steady position on your bed, I assume, with a (very) decent cable.

I'd be really interested to know how Chord support would explain this.

And, I'm really sorry this happened to you, I can only imagine how awful it must have been...

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #4,854 of 10,527
Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #4,855 of 10,527
Jul 2, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #4,857 of 10,527
I cannot think of a desktop which sounds as good as Diablo. Diablo is my max budget.

I just returned RME ADI 2 abd that horrible TOPPING DX5. They are not even close to sound quality of Diablo which i was sampling for a week only

Jul 2, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #4,858 of 10,527
Hello all.

I just received my Mojo 2 today to pair with my IE 900's. Wandering if there's an easier way to connect to iPhone than using the camera cable with Mojo's included micro usb cable? Will another cable like the filo usb c to lightening cable work (without changing the music quality?

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #4,859 of 10,527
I had similar experience with my previously owned Clears, but the Clear MG does not have sibilance or sharpness at all. So not an issue.

I haven't heard MG, but even OG Clear is a very good headphone which delivers in a technical realm of things. The good thing is that you plug it into something like Mojo and you are getting nearly maximum out of it, which is not the case when you start toying with TOTL stuff. While Utopia surely delivered I still felt it was being held back, not to mentioned harder to drive flagships.

I went through loads of portable/mid tier daps and even though differences are usually small, but mojo stood out with it's imaging capabilities and to my ears brings closest to the music. I didn't mind a bit intimate presentation of OG Mojo

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #4,860 of 10,527
Hello all.

I just received my Mojo 2 today to pair with my IE 900's. Wandering if there's an easier way to connect to iPhone than using the camera cable with Mojo's included micro usb cable? Will another cable like the filo usb c to lightening cable work (without changing the music quality?
I am using Lotoo Type C to Lightning OTG cable V2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back