Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 6, 2022 at 11:47 PM Post #4,531 of 11,004
Ok. Now that I used the M2 for some time, I have encountered 2 instances of random dropouts (connected to computer). The mojo just got restarted or something as I evidence the restart procedure colour sequence in the middle two buttons.

Other than that love the equipment.

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #4,532 of 11,004
I got the Mojo 2 in Malaysia for RM2213 + shipping (403pound). I suspected that the dealer either didn't update the price and maintained the price of original Mojo. I was right, as after I made the purchase online, the dealer had update the price to RM2700 (492pound).

This is my first amp dac, so I don't really have any point of reference except for when I try my HD650 with Apple dongle dac. Not sure if I'm bias because I just spent that much on an amp dac, but I must say that I can hear more details coming out of the headphones when I use Chord Mojo2. Been switching back and forth between dongle dac and Mojo2, and it is different in a better way as I hear more details at a lower volume.

On another note, can I use this as pre-amplifier? Wondering if I could connect Mojo2 with my Genelec G One.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #4,533 of 11,004
This is my first amp dac, so I don't really have any point of reference except for when I try my HD650 with Apple dongle dac. Not sure if I'm bias because I just spent that much on an amp dac, but I must say that I can hear more details coming out of the headphones when I use Chord Mojo2. Been switching back and forth between dongle dac and Mojo2, and it is different in a better way as I hear more details at a lower volume.
The hype was true then!
Of course, even those who do not approve of Chord DACs, can not help but to praise it. Have many happy years with it. We have.
On another note, can I use this as pre-amplifier? Wondering if I could connect Mojo2 with my Genelec G One.
Absolutely! it is designed to do just that. Read up on desktop mode.
I just wish Chord had made a small basic remote for Mojo2 - that would have elevated it to a much higher category.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #4,534 of 11,004
I got the Mojo 2 in Malaysia for RM2213 + shipping (403pound). I suspected that the dealer either didn't update the price and maintained the price of original Mojo. I was right, as after I made the purchase online, the dealer had update the price to RM2700 (492pound).

The difference from Apple dongle should be night and day, much better detail especially in the bass/midbass, much better dynamics
and imaging/depth, to mention a few...if this isn't obvious after a couple weeks of listening,
make sure that your setup isn't compromised by the cable...I used the stock for a long time with M1
and upgrading to one made for sound quality, along with a Jitterbug made all the difference for me, YMMV.

Again, give it a couple weeks of listening at least as the brain can take a while to appreciate the new information.

...of course in terms of bang for the buck the Apple dongle is fantastic!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #4,536 of 11,004
Hi All.......Any ideas were I can get hold of the usb adapter module that was available with the cable accessory pack from the original mojo. Its the only way to reliably connect the mojo to an iphone and they should be dead easy to get hold off. Along with the rubber bands.!. Any ideas be great, ......thank you . PS I'm in the UK

Jun 7, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #4,537 of 11,004
Hi All.......Any ideas were I can get hold of the usb adapter module that was available with the cable accessory pack from the original mojo

Never had the first mojo & accessories but if it’s any help I’ve ordered the fiio DDHIFI MFi06 lightning to usb c cable for an iPhone to Mojo, does away with the bulky Apple camera kit adapter. Out of stock at moment but had reply from store that it should be with me by next Friday.

Link to Audioconcierge DDHIFI MFi06 lightning to mojo adapter here

Jun 7, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #4,538 of 11,004
Hi All.......Any ideas were I can get hold of the usb adapter module that was available with the cable accessory pack from the original mojo. Its the only way to reliably connect the mojo to an iphone and they should be dead easy to get hold off. Along with the rubber bands.!. Any ideas be great, ......thank you . PS I'm in the UK
In the timeline of product lines, the cable accessory pack came after the Mojo, and before the Poly, so it is rare nowadays to see any dealer advertising the accessory pack.
Dealers who I rate highly are out of stock, so it may take you a bit of searching to find a pack on sale.
Sorry if this sounds negative, but I am just trying to be realistic for you.

Jun 7, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #4,539 of 11,004
Jun 7, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #4,540 of 11,004
Glad to help, you’d think that chord would come out with their own adapter for a lightning to mojo usb c as I imagine there’s a fair amount of folk who use an apple device with a mojo, the apple camera connector is bloody awful to carry around.

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #4,541 of 11,004
Never had the first mojo & accessories but if it’s any help I’ve ordered the fiio DDHIFI MFi06 lightning to usb c cable for an iPhone to Mojo, does away with the bulky Apple camera kit adapter. Out of stock at moment but had reply from store that it should be with me by next Friday.

Link to Audioconcierge DDHIFI MFi06 lightning to mojo adapter here
I use that one. Perfect pairing with iPhone and mojo2. I use Velcro on the back of my phone to hold the mojo in place and the DDHIFI cable is really tidy.

Jun 8, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #4,543 of 11,004
Yeah it's too much asking for some accessories on a 600€ portable dac amp :)
Actually I don't know where you can buy right now a bundle kit of cables for mojo.

Jun 8, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #4,544 of 11,004
MFi09S-04.jpg

We have just launched the new MFi09S in the UK, which is a high quality Lightning to USB C cable, perfect for the Mojo 2.
I prefer right angle connectors for iPhone/mojo2 as it makes it more pocketable.

Jun 8, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #4,545 of 11,004
Ahh, I was about to post a new link to the MFi09S as Audioconcierge (Phil) posted above but ive been beaten to it.

As the mojo is battery powered I feel this cable would be more beneficial for dongle dacs that rely on the phone's internal power supply, nevertheless I have amended my order for the new MFi09S cable as I may decide to purchase a dongle dac for use in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back