Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 13, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #4,232 of 10,535
Just checking... the record is incredible Have the “complete VV” on vinyl and CD.
It truly is. I've been listening to it for more than 30 years since I first heard back when I was studying jazz guitar in my undergrad days.

I too had it on vinyl and CD, but those versions are long-gone unfortunately, as I got rid of all my physical media before I moved to Japan 7 years ago. Didn't want to ship all of it.

May 13, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #4,233 of 10,535
As with all Chord DACs - no change whatsoever. Sounded great fresh out of the box, still sounded great after months of use.
Agreed. no change for me either
Love the Mojo2. Find me a DAP that does EQ like this. I can run brighter phones like DCA Stealth and adjust or my go to 64 Duo and adjust.
I do eq with a bunch of headphones on the mojo2, but for my personal sound preferences, haven’t felt the need to eq yet with the dca stealth. Really great combo for the music i listen to.
my only fear is popping in some iems one day and forgetting to drop the volume after using the stealth.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #4,234 of 10,535
Listening to Waltz for Debby on HQPlayer (trial) through Roon (60-day trial from purchasing Mojo 2) and even through my Hifiman Sundaras, I have to say I've never heard anything so beautiful.

If I close my eyes, I almost feel like I'm back in 1961 at the Village Vanguard.

Is there better, more resolving gear out there? Absolutely. But at moments like this, none of that really matters.

Thanks to all of the music-loving engineers from Chord, Roon, HQPlayer, and Hifiman who have made this moment possible.
Village vanguard, nice. My old stomping grounds in the late 80’s. Can’t imagine what it was like in its heyday in the 60’s.

May 14, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #4,236 of 10,535
Hi everyone. I’m streaming Tidal or Apple Music from my Mojo2poly to iPhone via Airplay at home (wifi) or on-the-go (mobile hotspot).

Most of my tracks in Apple Music are Lossless quality (16/44.1), and few tracks in High Res Lossless.

As for Tidal, most of my tracks are MQA quality.

Technically speaking, which would give better sound quality when streaming with Airplay? Tidal or Apple Music?

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #4,238 of 10,535
I'm now at the Palais des Sports in 1977 (Seconds Out) listening Genesis play The Cinema Show.

Come join me. :L3000:
Ahhh, nice.

I'm listening to Tommy Flanagan's Let's Play the Music of Thad Jones (1993)
The dynamic range on the first song, Let's, is just incredible, every percussive tap, every piano note. the resonance of the bass. Just remarkable.

In the past, only the H2 (the most expensive dac I own) could bring out the transients of this incredible album. And now, the Mojo 2.

The Mojo 2 continues to blow my mind.

(poly-m2-dcastealth)

May 14, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #4,239 of 10,535
Hi everyone. I’m streaming Tidal or Apple Music from my Mojo2poly to iPhone via Airplay at home (wifi) or on-the-go (mobile hotspot).

Most of my tracks in Apple Music are Lossless quality (16/44.1), and few tracks in High Res Lossless.

Technically speaking, which would give better sound quality when streaming with Airplay? Tidal or Apple Music?

You wouldn’t get any benefit from the MQA files so would probably go with Apple Lossless. Maybe try a couple of the same album to see if there is an audible difference? I’m using the Qobuz trial that came with the Mojo 2 at the moment and preferring it over Tidal.

Listening to Florence + The Machine new album now and the detail the Mojo2 pulls out is amazing.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #4,240 of 10,535
@Rob Watts Hi Rob, thank you for the music. I've been enjoying my original Hugo TT for many years now.

Just wanted to ask if the lossless DSP feature is going to be implemented in future versions of Hugo or Hugo TT?

I would find this useful for fine tuning problematic room acoustics, reducing bass energy from large full range speakers. Lossless DSP would be a godsend in this regard.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #4,241 of 10,535
@Rob Watts Hi Rob, thank you for the music. I've been enjoying my original Hugo TT for many years now.

Just wanted to ask if the lossless DSP feature is going to be implemented in future versions of Hugo or Hugo TT?

I would find this useful for fine tuning problematic room acoustics, reducing bass energy from large full range speakers. Lossless DSP would be a godsend in this regard.
Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to discuss future product replacements or plans. But having said that, I wouldn't have spent all the time and effort that went into Mojo 2 UHD DSP without thinking of future applications! Particularly now after how well it has been received.

Of course, as you get better transducers, the need for EQ diminishes - I have no great need to EQ my DCA Stealth or my B&W 803 D3. But one of the main reasons to do this was to give users flexibility - you can often see post saying product x is way to dark, and the next post complaining how bright it is. So giving people the option of changing what you hear without any compromises I think is a potential game changer.

May 14, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #4,242 of 10,535
But one of the main reasons to do this was to give users flexibility - you can often see post saying product x is way to dark, and the next post complaining how bright it is. So giving people the option of changing what you hear without any compromises I think is a potential game changer.
Absolutely, UHD DSP is definitely a game changer, that's the prime reason why I bought Mojo 2 blindly.

It's a shame that many makers are running behind the specs SNR/DNR/THD which are beyond human hearing. A properly implemented EQ really helps.

May 14, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #4,243 of 10,535

I suspect the quality would be the same since AirPlay 2 is the last step in the signal.

May 14, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #4,244 of 10,535
How would you compare Mojo 2 vs PAW 6000 sound wise?

I currently am in the market for a pocketable and neutral tuned source and can't decide between those two

Thanks
6000 sounds a touch warmer but Mojo 2 tops it imo. I bought my 6000 a year ago and considering its age now looking ahead I would consider M2 better value (6000 return when selling one day would be low I think). Ovbiously 6000 is far more pocket friendly and the build quality is top notch. Suprisingly I found streaming from my iphone to 6000 BT really good.

May 14, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #4,245 of 10,535
Hi,

I would like to ask, if any of you notice a light leakeage on the Mojo 2 sides, as in the picture attached.

Many thanks.

Note: I only see it on one side (where the headphone connections are, as in the picture), and directly around the usb ports.

Attachments

• 16179F59-0701-4E8C-934F-188C75A3D469.jpeg
    16179F59-0701-4E8C-934F-188C75A3D469.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back