Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 27, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #4,021 of 10,527
This yes I accept it's my bad, my apologies.
Please don't, potential buyers of the unit deserved to hear both, positive and negative aspects of the Mojo 2, not just back patting echo chamber of happy owners.
And thanks for bringing this issue up.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #4,022 of 10,527
I'm really liking the eq of the mojo 2. For a lot of my headphones and IEMs, I make no change, but there are a few beloved headphones that are just a little underwhelming or over-emphasized in some parts of the frequency spectrum, and being able to use this great gear and rely on the mojo to help make adjustments is just fantastic.

For the Cascade, I drop the two bass buttons until it sounds right.
For another headphone, I drop everything to naturally bring forward the mids and upper mids more (which is a great way to bring up vocals, and it's really the minute adjustment of the 3rd eq button that impacts female vocals so well)

I sincerely hope a hugo3 comes out soon and includes the eq feature. Not planning on using it for everything, just for some headphones and IEMS.

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #4,023 of 10,527
Have had the @ChordElectronics Mojo1/Poly for years (as well as Hugo2/2go/2yu). The Poly is now paired with the M2. Over the last months have paired with the SE846, Focal, Elear, and Campfire Cascade. However my favourite pairing is with the Shure SE1200 and a light bit of Mojo2 EQ. Roon curated daily mixes and the work day evaporates! M1 is now with my MacBook Pro and after an easy battery change is back to full charge life. Nicely done @Rob Watts and @Mojo ideas keep the mobile audiophile coming.

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #4,024 of 10,527
My opinion is that Mojo 2 IS a direct upgrade in sound quality, even without the DSP. Since M2 is more transparent, more coherent, better textures and imaging, etc. it is a more revealing device, and will reveal the effects of components upstream. i.e.what cable is being used? What is the transport? In my system M2 is clearly better, OG's bass/mid bass is smoothed over/lacking in detail compared with M2, and due to this doesn't have the M2's overall coherence and precision. The OG is still a very nice listen with really good tonal balance and weight, but the Mojo 2 in my opinion has obviously better sq and in no way is the OG better sounding, OG is still a fine dac but is showing its age by comparison.

I still own and regularly use OG!

To those that say that M2 is not a big and important step up in listening satisfaction and performance, what are you using to connect it with and to what??????
I think someone mentioned it sounded mediocre with generic usb c cable (which is what I use lol, connected to PC, UGREEN usb c cable specifically) and recommended a proper audiophile usb c cable, was it you that mentioned it?

I guess this is probably my issue???

But what puzzles me is that I used the exact same cable on W2, W2-131, RU6, Playmate 2 and they all sounded fine, so I'm not sure. Specifically Playmate 2 had HUGE sound stage from same cable.
Please don't, potential buyers of the unit deserved to hear both, positive and negative aspects of the Mojo 2, not just back patting echo chamber of happy owners.
And thanks for bringing this issue up.
lol that's what I thought too, I feel like for future buyer we should offer all the good and the bad then they can make their own informed decision of what's acceptable and what's not acceptable to them.

So I feel bad for making drama here but I figure this is only fair. After all that's the whole point of having a discussion forum yes?

In any case, it's good to hear everyone else is having an amazing experience though. :D

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #4,025 of 10,527
I think someone mentioned it sounded mediocre with generic usb c cable (which is what I use lol, connected to PC, UGREEN usb c cable specifically) and recommended a proper audiophile usb c cable, was it you that mentioned it?

But what puzzles me is that I used the exact same cable on W2, W2-131, RU6, Playmate 2 and they all sounded fine, so I'm not sure. Specifically Playmate 2 had HUGE sound stage from same cable.

lol that's what I thought too, I feel like for future buyer we should offer all the good and the bad then they can make their own informed decision of what's acceptable and what's not acceptable to them.

So I feel bad for making drama here but I figure this is only fair. After all that's the whole point of having a discussion forum yes?

In any case, it's good to hear everyone else is having an amazing experience though. :D
The cable sounds fine with other dac's but the Mojo 2 is SO resolving/transparent
compared to most others that it's in another category, according to some
not far off from Qutest or Hugo 2,
and everything can matter in a sound system. I know that when I went from a generic
USB cable to a Curious Hugo Link (with AQ Jitterbug), the sound from Mojo
went from Dragonfly Red type quality to high-end,
and cost factored in I preferred it to the Hugo 2 at the time.

What equipment you use is up to you, but if you're stating that M2 isn't
as musical as OG or isn't a fully successful upgrade based on sound/musical
improvements then I think it's fair to ask the question.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #4,026 of 10,527
The cable sounds fine with other dac's but the Mojo 2 is SO resolving/transparent
compared to most others that it's in another category, according to some
not far off from Qutest or Hugo 2,
and everything can matter in a sound system. I know that when I went from a generic
USB cable to a Curious Hugo Link (with AQ Jitterbug), the sound from Mojo
went from Dragonfly Red type quality to high-end,
and cost factored in I preferred it to the Hugo 2 at the time.

What equipment you use is up to you, but if you're stating that M2 isn't
as musical as OG or isn't a fully successful upgrade based on sound/musical
improvements then I think it's fair to ask the question.
Ah then it most likely is the cable then.

Unfortunately I already sold the Mojo 2 (was super popular and sold super fast) but I'll ask my UK friend to try a nicer cable and see if it helps.

Thanks for the feedback and being patient with me! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #4,027 of 10,527

Ugreen makes very good shielded USB cables, audiophile grade USB cable is an utter BS, we are dealing with the digital protocol here.

Apr 27, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #4,028 of 10,527
I've been playing with that excel spreadsheet, my music is missing mids/vocals but I can't get it to ^, just v's, anyone know a good setting.

If you could adjust the points on the curve and it would change to the value needed, that would be sweet, but would take some programming.

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #4,031 of 10,527
That's just the nature of the beast; there are no mid-specific adjustments. But if you wish to have stronger midrange, you can lower the highs and lows.

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #4,032 of 10,527
yeah I tried a bunch of negative values, but the area of 100 to 1000 on that graph won't raise above flat.
I think he meant like lowering treble and bass then just increase overall volume so in a sense it's like raising the mids.

i.e.
0 db on low bass
-4 db on bass shelf
-4 db on treble shelf
0 db on high treble
Master volume +5 (for example)

But I find female vocal is around 2000hz so you might actually have to raise treble shelf a tiny bit.

i.e.
0 db on low bass
-4 db on bass shelf
-2 db on treble shelf
0 db on high treble
Master volume +5 (for example)

Maybe?????

Or I find the easiest way to bring vocal forward is turn on crossfeed, even lowest level of crossfeed bring vocal forward, max level bring it really forward.

I experimented with this because I like forward vocal in general lol.

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #4,033 of 10,527
That's just the nature of the beast; there are no mid-specific adjustments. But if you wish to have stronger midrange, you can lower the highs and lows.
gotcha, I will try that even though the graph doesn't really reflect it, the music might, I'm also going to try velour pads on a secondary pair of cans I send to the shop, although I've read velour can make more bass which I definitely don't need more of.

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #4,034 of 10,527
gotcha, I will try that even though the graph doesn't really reflect it, the music might, I'm also going to try velour pads on a secondary pair of cans I send to the shop, although I've read velour can make more bass which I definitely don't need more of.
Uh velour actually reduces bass, leather increases bass.

Bass is generally depend on sound pressure so the more "seal" the chamber is the stronger the bass is.

Velour by nature is breathable fabric = less seal. :)

But velour might bring vocal forward actually.

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #4,035 of 10,527
Uh velour actually reduces bass, leather increases bass.

Bass is generally depend on sound pressure so the more "seal" the chamber is the stronger the bass is.

Velour by nature is breathable fabric = less seal. :)

But velour might bring vocal forward actually.
ok, and I get what you meant by your other message, raise the overall volume to bring up the middle, makes sense, I've played with crossfeed the least, maybe I'll give it another go, it was a bit airy/distant when I tried but I might try a low setting.

I'll try the velour just for comfort and something new, if it's just less bass and not brighter than I'll keep as is, but if it's brighter and more comfortable will be nice to have an option, provided they're fixable, good chance shop tells me they're going into the trash lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back