Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 27, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #4,036 of 10,527
ok, and I get what you meant by your other message, raise the overall volume to bring up the middle, makes sense, I've played with crossfeed the least, maybe I'll give it another go, it was a bit airy/distant when I tried but I might try a low setting.

I'll try the velour just for comfort and something new, if it's just less bass and not brighter than I'll keep as is, but if it's brighter and more comfortable will be nice to have an option, provided they're fixable, good chance shop tells me they're going into the trash lol.
Lol yeah give a go and update us later!

May I ask which headphone you're using by any chance?

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #4,037 of 10,527
Lol yeah give a go and update us later!

May I ask which headphone you're using by any chance?
nothing anyone ever heard of, bluedio victory 1, produced a few year ago in china for bass fanatics/future hearing damaged ;/

I don't have the income to have much headphones for comparisons, I have hd650s, they're cleaner and I tried them again with mojo 2 but I guess i value rumble over details.

I kind of like crossfeed lowest setting, seems to bring vocals forward at the loss of a little bass but still plenty there.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #4,038 of 10,527
nothing anyone ever heard of, bluedio victory 1, produced a few year ago in china for bass fanatics/future hearing damaged ;/

I don't have the income to have much headphones for comparisons, I have hd650s, they're cleaner and I tried them again with mojo 2 but I guess i value rumble over details.

I kind of like crossfeed lowest setting, seems to bring vocals forward at the loss of a little bass but still plenty there.
All good, music is preference and if you like bass then you like bass, nothing wrong with that. :D

Yeah now you can slowly bring bass EQ back until you find a good balance.

Though if your funds are tight then EQ will do for now. But in the future if you have spare funds then Creative Aurvana Live! (1, don't get version 2) or Creative Aurvana Live! SE are both good bass headphone for cheap. After that Meze 99 Noir or 99 Classic are both good too.

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #4,039 of 10,527
All good, music is preference and if you like bass then you like bass, nothing wrong with that. :D

Yeah now you can slowly bring bass EQ back until you find a good balance.

Though if your funds are tight then EQ will do for now. But in the future if you have spare funds then Creative Aurvana Live! (1, don't get version 2) or Creative Aurvana Live! SE are both good bass headphone for cheap. After that Meze 99 Noir or 99 Classic are both good too.

Cheers!
cool, good looking out, my funds aren't that tight, but 1k+ cans I can't be buying and returning them or collecting them, I'm not that much of an audiophile. Nowhere really to audition near me so yeah, I found what I like and it's good enough but I saved your recs.

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #4,040 of 10,527
We are talking about Aurvanas and HD6XX and all, I just saw a headphone on the home page which costs $11,000. Oh my...are we still on earth 😆

We can't do much with mids with the available EQ bands on Mojo 2, perhaps a Hugo 3 with much better EQ bands, only Rob can tell😊

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #4,044 of 10,527
Sorry to hear about your damaged hearing. Unfortunately, there is no balance control on Chord DACs - the reason balance controls used to be necessary is analogue volume controls were never perfectly matched, so you needed balance to correct for the volume control - but this is of course is not needed with digital controls.

You are the first poster to ask for such a feature, so it's not something that we have considered. But if there is a demand for a balance control, it's something I could add to future products.

This kind of accessibility feature would be much appreciated in future products

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #4,045 of 10,527
Hi @Rob Watts

How much power does the USB interface consume ? Say when it's working hard (PCM 353kHz / DXD input)?

And how much power does the TOSlink interface consume? Say with PCM192kHz input.

Hi @Rob Watts , could you help with this?

What's the power consumption diff between the optical interface and USB interface?

I recall USB was about double that of optical for Mojo 1?

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #4,046 of 10,527
No Mojo was never double.

USB is 253mW (for the decoder only) and optical is 13mW (for the optical receiver only). In practice you will get 15% more battery life using optical or coax over USB.

I am curious as to why you want the actual power numbers?

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #4,048 of 10,527
No Mojo was never double.

USB is 253mW (for the decoder only) and optical is 13mW (for the optical receiver only). In practice you will get 15% more battery life using optical or coax over USB.

I am curious as to why you want the actual power numbers?
Reason was both battery life (which you answered) and I assume the USB interface consuming quite a bit more power means more noise generated internally?

Other than the zero source/mains RF of optical, is that another advantage of optical?

Much lower power consumption and thus much lower noise generated internally?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #4,050 of 10,527
And I have had, Mojo Classic, Mojo2, Hugo2 and the Quads!
The Quads weren't for me, I returned them within the window allowed.
I was at first smithen by Mojo2, but ultimately most of its charms were wasted on me (crossfeed, Tone controls, Desktop mode) so I returned that too.
I sold my Mojo Classic and missing it! but as you say, Hugo2 is much better and frankly enough for me.
I probably buy another Mojo Classic once I can pick a mint one up for peanuts! (may happen with all the hype with Mojo2).
BTW , I found the Quads too dark, perhaps that's why with Mojo2 it didn't work for you and Hugo2 did .
In all fairness, Mojo2 has excellent bass, if nothing else!
Last night, I thought I'd try the Quad ERA-1 with the leather earcups. With these, they get darker and lose depth and resolution in the bass and generally lose clarity across the whole spectrum, so with the leather cups, I'd agree they sound dark ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back