Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #3,901 of 10,833
OHHHHHH I usually just manually turn it off when I turn off my computer, but it's smart enough to detect no signal and turn itself into standby mode?

That makes it easier, I should try it tonight. Thanks!
np, just unplug the data usb leave mains in, turn off power and mode will go purple and its cold so I don't think it's causing any harm to battery.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #3,902 of 10,833
np, just unplug the data usb leave mains in, turn off power and mode will go purple and its cold so I don't think it's causing any harm to battery.
Why unplug the data USB cable?

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #3,904 of 10,833
I am interested in this, as well.

Which input do you guys prefer for connecting with a computer? Optical, Coaxial, USB-C or Micro-USB? I am referring to connecting with a laptop or desktop [Windows] computer.
Sorry it has taken me a few days to reply.
Here is my experience with Mojo1. As a result I have since then used optical as my preferred input.
The brightness of some usb inputs is very seductive to many owners.
I prefer to use optical and get nearer to the original music.
This is not a criticism of anyone, many owners prefer the slightly brighter usb input, and ultimately it is their wallets so they have the right to choose.
No one solution can be the 'ultimate' for everyone.
:relaxed:

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #3,905 of 10,833
Is there a sampling rate standard that we should set in iMac Audio/MIDI settings when listenin through Tidal?
Mine is set to 44.100 Hz now. Should I raise it?
It's best to useful an app that overrides Audio/MIDI Setup, such as Audirvana, Roon Apple Music. Otherwise, it's best to set AMS to match the rate for music playing.

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #3,906 of 10,833
Doesn’t Tidal override?
I don’t really see the rate of Tidal songs and don’t know what number to set up. I listen at HiFi quality.
(Btw I once experienced the white noise on my iMac. I use a good quality usb c to usb c cable)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #3,907 of 10,833
Sorry it has taken me a few days to reply.
Here is my experience with Mojo1. As a result I have since then used optical as my preferred input.
The brightness of some usb inputs is very seductive to many owners.
I prefer to use optical and get nearer to the original music.
This is not a criticism of anyone, many owners prefer the slightly brighter usb input, and ultimately it is their wallets so they have the right to choose.
No one solution can be the 'ultimate' for everyone.
:relaxed:
Thank you very much! Please, suggest me a good optical cable :)

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #3,908 of 10,833
I tried optical, it did feel a bit cleaner, but missing some of the bass oomph that I got from usb, more clean and clinical, maybe it was because I was using a different laptop and spotify version, but I think I'll eventually end up with a high qual optical setup and not a crap 10 dollar cable.

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #3,909 of 10,833
I encourage to consider a Chord Poly to avoid headaches about connection issues :)

Btw it could bring some headaches for Poly's configuration but only once :D
How do you find the combo’s working? I really want Poly but I am a bit hesitant as I had severe problems, probably related to wifi-connection, with the poly and the og Mojo.

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #3,910 of 10,833
How do you find the combo’s working? I really want Poly but I am a bit hesitant as I had severe problems, probably related to wifi-connection, with the poly and the og Mojo.

It works nicely. I found the synergy of both really enjoyable. The sound is great and better than with all the usb cables I tried (I haven’t tried optical as I won’t use it in my setting).

I had troubles first with Roon and with my wifi. The problems with both have been resolved quickly with a Roon release last week and an upgrade in my wifi gear as I was only using my ISP box as a wifi router and its 2.4 GHz band is really poor (the Poly only works on this band when using wifi). I bought a wifi mesh kit and that solved my wifi issues.

Using it as a Roon endpoint is a great plus for me as I like and use Roon a lot.

It’s great to be able to move around with only the MojoPoly in the pocket and not the phone / adapter / usb cable combo attached to it.

By example you can start a playlist on your phone on Roon / Qobuz / Tidal or on the sd with card using Rigelian and then forget about your phone as long as you stay within you home wifi’s network reach (thanks to Roon endpoint or Airplay) and only carry the MojoPoly in your pocket at home (eventually using your Apple Watch to pause if the app used is compatible) and that with a better sound than with an usb cable (at least those i tried).

One week ago with the troubles I had I wouldn’t have said that but now for me I wouln‘t consider Mojo 2 without Poly anymore.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #3,911 of 10,833
I tried optical, it did feel a bit cleaner, but missing some of the bass oomph that I got from usb, more clean and clinical, maybe it was because I was using a different laptop and spotify version, but I think I'll eventually end up with a high qual optical setup and not a crap 10 dollar cable.
Lol I don't even have a usb to optical converter let alone $10 optical cable.

Is there any good one since my computer don't have optical out. Or do I need to hunt down the elusive Schiit Eitr, was looking for one a long time ago when I had Modi Multibit but have since sold it.

Though it sounds much cheaper to just stick with usb..... Lol.

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #3,913 of 10,833
Nevermind just tested I think we still have to turn off Mojo manually, was hoping it would go into standby when source signal is off.

But when I turned off my computer Mojo is still on, then I turned it off then it goes into purple mode.

Not a huge deal I guess just thought would be convenient if I never have to touch the power button lol.

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #3,914 of 10,833
Did anybody test Mojo2 with HD8xx?
I had a chance to try out the Chord Mojo2 with both the HD800 and S (sorry not the xx). I was surprised to find that it works actually pretty decently. Amplification-wise, I find that a number of tube amps are a better match. But if you were going on a trip and wanted to bring an HD800 series along, it's a credible solution. You get the benefits of the Mojo 2 Dac, and the ability to eq the sound. The amp powers the headphone to any safe volume and the performance is within the usual character of the headphone.

I wouldn't want it as a sole DAC/AMP solution, but I've yet to find one of those for these headphones anyway. But for travel for example, it is pretty good.

Apr 22, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #3,915 of 10,833
Nevermind just tested I think we still have to turn off Mojo manually, was hoping it would go into standby when source signal is off.

But when I turned off my computer Mojo is still on, then I turned it off then it goes into purple mode.

Not a huge deal I guess just thought would be convenient if I never have to touch the power button lol.
According to manual, it does.
0D703E97-29E8-4CCA-A44A-46304D6FAD47.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back