Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 22, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #3,917 of 11,001
Sorry if it's been asked, but i have the mojo 2 and connected via USB-C to my PC, how do i get the DAC into Intelligent Desktop Mode?

Apr 22, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #3,918 of 11,001
Sorry if it's been asked, but i have the mojo 2 and connected via USB-C to my PC, how do i get the DAC into Intelligent Desktop Mode?

The USB-C port is only here for audio transmission purpose, it doesn't charge the battery at all.

If you want to get the Mojo into desktop mode you'll need to have its micro USB charge port (the one on the right) plugged.

When constantly on charge, it will automatically switch to desktop mode some moment after being fully charged (purple bettery status light)

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #3,919 of 11,001
The USB-C port is only here for audio transmission purpose, it doesn't charge the battery at all.

If you want to get the Mojo into desktop mode you'll need to have its micro USB charge port (the one on the right) puggued.
OK, thank you.
and can i still listen through USB-C while connecting the dac with micro USB or should i abandon USB-C anyways?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,920 of 11,001
OK, thank you.
and can i still listen through USB-C while connecting the dac with micro USB or should i abandon USB-C alltogether?

Yes, there's no link between the USB port for charging and those for audio.

Apr 22, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #3,921 of 11,001
You need to have 2 cables, 1 for data 1 for power.

1. the data cable is the usb c cable you already have, so for data you're good.
2. the power cable is the micro b usb cable look for the socket with battery symbol.

Once it's charged to full the light under the power plug will go from blue to purple, once it's purple you're in intelligent desktop mode. :)

EDIT: Ops it's been answered while I was typing lol.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #3,922 of 11,001
Ok, so I've connected a Micro USB cable but the light under the Micro Usb cable is green and the menu button is white grayish?
The + and - buttons are yellow and the power button is red.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #3,923 of 11,001
Ok, so I've connected a Micro USB cable but the light under the Micro Usb cable is green and the menu button is white grayish?
The + and - buttons are yellow and the power button is red.
Green is 40% to 75% battery, Blue is 75% to 100% battery, then next is Purple which is intelligent charging.

Menu button white greyish is maximum charging (as in if you're able to supply enough power, in your case yes).

So you're good, now just let it charge it will eventually get to Purple. :)

Apr 22, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #3,924 of 11,001
Green is 40% to 75% battery, Blue is 75% to 100% battery, then next is Purple which is intelligent charging.

Menu button white greyish is maximum charging.

So you're good, now just let it charge it will eventually get to Purple. :)
Ah nice, many thanks :)

Apr 22, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #3,925 of 11,001
@amigastar all of these informations (and a lot more !) are written in the manual, you can get it on Chord website HERE.

RTFM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 22, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #3,926 of 11,001
Apr 22, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #3,927 of 11,001
@amigastar all of these informations (and a lot more !) are written in the manual, you can get it on Chord website HERE.

RTFM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Yeah, you're right. I've looked up the manual and the colors are making more sense now than before. I mean i've read the manual but didn't understand it still, but slowly it makes sense.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #3,928 of 11,001
Apr 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #3,929 of 11,001
Anybody tried the Senns ie 600 with Mojo 2 ? How does it pairs ? And compared to the ie 900 ?

Crinacle find the ie 600 better than the ie 900, particularly in the high medium zone, see here :

It seems quite interresting ...

Damn, I just bought the ie 900 before having seen this review, it'll arrive tomorrow :sweat_smile: ... so i'm curious to hear other opinions !

btw thanks @crinacle for your work, greatly appreciated !

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #3,930 of 11,001
Thank you very much! Please, suggest me a good optical cable :)
This might not be the type of response you were expecting, but please bear with my explanation.

Like quite a few of the early owners of the Mojo, I tried kabeldirect optical cables and was impressed to discover a cheap brand of cable, which helped contribute to great sound quality. Several years down the road, we still recommend that new owners try kabeldirect, before rushing to spend hundreds/thousands of euros on expensive branded cables.
Kabeldirect is still my daily cable, but on the rare occasions when I use my Hugo2 to listen to my downstairs speaker system (source a bluray drive connected by Hugo2 optical cable) to listen to jazz CDs, the sound quality is so good that I do wonder why I would ever need a more expensive cable.

Yes some owners insist on posting that expensive cables are needed, but I always wonder if they practice the type of good housekeeping described in this post:
I remain convinced that many owners would rather spend money on more expensive cables, before even checking:
  • whether their current cable is missing an end cap
  • whether the cable end would benefit from a few minutes polishing
  • whether they have coiled their cable with a tight bend radius, ensuring that a lot of light is lost through the fibre walls, and the square wave becomes a more blurred shape.
If one day I do treat myself to a more expensive cable, I think I would limit the cost to a cable containing medical grade glass fibre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back