Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 15, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #3,796 of 10,623
Thanks! That’s good to hear about the white noise and track changing. It has always been a bit frustrating having to change sample rate on the MacBook. I wish they would fix that so it was seem less like iOS.

Now it’s a bit of concern as well if you have to be careful to not move it while listening. That seems to make it less mobile. Not that someone should be going for a run with it, but moving across the house or transporting it while listening seems like it would be part of the mobile experience for its intended use. Maybe I’m wrong.
I pick my android phone up and move it and the mojo 2 around the house without any noise.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #3,797 of 10,623
Don't want to open a can of worms but anyone notice improvements using audiophile cables for the usb signal? Thinking of finishing my chain with audioquest cinnamon but I could be lighting $100 on fire, any 'definitely noticed difference' anecdotes about mojo 1 and 2 appreciated.
I think you’d be wasting $$. In my opinion, you can avoid the hiss and get the best sound with optical, so any decent optical cable and one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VSFBT82/

Apr 15, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #3,798 of 10,623
in my use at least Mojo 1 and 2 are the same for this issue.

In my experience what you've described isn't the issue, .....if it was the Mojo would never
have been successful as it would have been recognized as a defective product.
What caused the white noise for me - and was never
deafening as I don't listen at a loud level - was the micro USB connector getting dislodged/losing contact.

This is based on using Mojo 1 for five years, and Mojo 2 for 7 weeks. Of course there
may be another/other reasons but this has been my experience.

Changing the rate never caused the white noise for me.

Once I was careful not to move the Mojo while in use, all was well. In IOS
the track sample rate changes automatically, Mac OS currently doesn't.
I'm now using Mojo 2 and sometimes Mojo 1 with my iPad Pro.

IOS does support auto-rate switching, however the Mac doesn't....
in order for higher rate tracks to play at that rate it can be changed manually in Audio Midi Setup,
otherwise it will be resampled at the rate in AMS. This is the same for Amazon Music,
the only service that I've used that auto changes the track's rate on Mac is Tidal,
which I no longer use to due to price.

Now that I've explained the above, I'm hoping you'll find as much listening joy with Mojo 2 as I'm
experiencing as are many others here. When partnered well it can produce
absolute magic, it's very special IMO. Your use and your ears will tell if it's right for you.
FYI The auto-rate switching isn't a Mac OS issue but rather an Apple Music one. Amazon Music has the same option as Tidal to activate an Exclusive Mode (Or at least it did back when I used it) which will switch the rate as needed.

Apr 15, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #3,799 of 10,623
Thanks! That’s good to hear about the white noise and track changing. It has always been a bit frustrating having to change sample rate on the MacBook. I wish they would fix that so it was seem less like iOS.

Now it’s a bit of concern as well if you have to be careful to not move it while listening. That seems to make it less mobile. Not that someone should be going for a run with it, but moving across the house or transporting it while listening seems like it would be part of the mobile experience for its intended use. Maybe I’m wrong.
When I first hooked mine up to my M1 MBP I was getting the white noise issue but it turned out to be the cable. I had to go thru a few of them to find one that didn't produce the noise, but once I did I've been able to move around the house as needed with it still attached and no noise issues.

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #3,800 of 10,623
Will an ipad be able to always on charged and play mojo at the same time? They only have one port so I'd have to get an adapter with power charge in, usb 3 (type 2 cable) out to the mojo but I dunno this sounds like recipe for disaster given how sensitive mojo is to current/interference.

Want to try bitperfect ios apple music but only 1 port so I think this might be only way, real dumb they have 1 port on ipad pros that can cost $2k.

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #3,801 of 10,623
Will an ipad be able to always on charged and play mojo at the same time? They only have one port so I'd have to get an adapter with power charge in, usb 3 (type 2 cable) out to the mojo but I dunno this sounds like recipe for disaster given how sensitive mojo is to current/interference.

Want to try bitperfect ios apple music but only 1 port so I think this might be only way, real dumb they have 1 port on ipad pros that can cost $2k.
Uh you might need a USB hub for iPad but otherwise I just use my Mojo 2 to my PC (data cable) with power cable plug into a iPod charger directly into the wall and I haven't had any interference so far.

Sorry is this what you're asking?

Apr 15, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #3,802 of 10,623
Uh you might need a USB hub for iPad but otherwise I just use my Mojo 2 to my PC (data cable) with power cable plug into a iPod charger directly into the wall and I haven't had any interference so far.

Sorry is this what you're asking?
well phones and ipads only have one port, so you can plug your mojo in or charge it, but I want to do both, are you saying you use a wallwart with a usb addition that you plug your mojo into and charge?

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #3,803 of 10,623

I make sure the iPad Pro is sufficiently charged before listening. Yeah they cost a lot but the iPad Mini and iPad Air are quite a bit less and I'm sure either would work equally well.

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #3,804 of 10,623
I make sure the iPad Pro is sufficiently charged before listening. Yeah they cost a lot but the iPad Mini and iPad Air are quite a bit less and I'm sure either would work equally well.
yeah I needed an ipad pro in general, ipad air is a good value, I'm not big on batteries most of my devices are always plugged in, guess I can try a hub and if it doesn't work just use the battery, hopefully apple gets bitperfect for mac or spotify hifi comes out this century.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #3,805 of 10,623
A power bank is a nice addition to your need, i think. :)

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #3,806 of 10,623
yeah I needed an ipad pro in general, ipad air is a good value, I'm not big on batteries most of my devices are always plugged in, guess I can try a hub and if it doesn't work just use the battery, hopefully apple gets bitperfect for mac or spotify hifi comes out this century.
Yeah sorry I mean like a hub then plug the Mojo data into the hub and Mojo power into another charger (if you're worried about interference).

Those hub usually has one port strictly for charging. You just might end up with a lot of wires.... Unfortunately......

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #3,807 of 10,623
Yeah sorry I mean like a hub then plug the Mojo data into the hub and Mojo power into another charger (if you're worried about interference).

Those hub usually has one port strictly for charging. You just might end up with a lot of wires.... Unfortunately......
yeah that should work, my mojo power is going to a wall wart anyway right now, not much would change except I'd stick the usb data into a ipad hub. I'll consider it. By the time 2021 ipad pros go down to a more reasonable rate or the new one comes out (towards end of the year) things might have changed alot as far as streaming services so might not be necessary.

Apr 16, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #3,808 of 10,623
I also posted this in the 3.5 mm dongle dac thread but.......

Anyone has compared Mojo 2 to xDuoo Link2 Bal by any chance?

Currently enjoying Mojo 2 but miss a few convenience factors that come with dongle dacs. Wondering if I should pick up xDuoo Link2 Bal. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #3,809 of 10,623
came across an old interview about mojo 1 with Rob Watts.

I am getting rather different sound from coax and USB inputs with the latter sounding better, what’s the reason for this?

It’s complicated and depends upon a number of factors - principally the amount of RF noise injected into the Mojo, and the amount of correlated noise that gets in. It will depend upon the source device as to which sounds best. My preference is optical, as this has the smoothest sound quality and best depth, as it does not suffer from both of the aforementioned problems.

So he likes optical himself, I kind of want a lifatec optical, anyone think it will make a difference? My mojo 2 sounds fine now usb but anything to improve I'd try.

Apr 17, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #3,810 of 10,623
How good is the poly using bluetooth and spotify/qobuz? I just got an mojo 2,and wondering if i should save for an poly.I have the fiio btr5 (wich im going to keep for iems,because of the portability/small design) and also i got the ifi xcan.I might sell the xcan and save for the poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back