Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 15, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #3,181 of 10,898
I'm not that knowledgable about amp specs, but 1W at 32ohms would mean what at 8ohms? Or 16ohms?

Some say it depends on the amp. I'm not familiar with either the Mojo/2/iFi amps.

Most portables seems to not spec anything below 32ohms...which makes me wonder what the actual output is at those resistances. Some amps put out more current at lower ohms, and others put out less. So it's a mixed bag.
I understand what you are trying to say.

Yes, it sometimes can be less power at lower impedance. Only the manufacturer can confirm if it outputs less power at 8 ohms than at 30 ohms.

The specs say 4.2v @32 and 5.2v @300. So, it's nothing out of ordinary.

Even if the output is 600mw @8 ohms, it's more than enough for any headphone or IEM with that impedance IMO.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #3,182 of 10,898
Hi,

Very late to the thread. I am thinking of buying Mojo 2 because of it's EQ.
I always use EQ, I tried many portable AMPs with bass boost but they all are too much bass for me including the iFi xbass, xbass II.
I have been using software EQs (Neutron, UAPP etc..) but they never gave me the satisfaction because they kill the dynamics and slam.

Is there any volume drop when the EQ is enabled? or any distortion if we boost 20hz or 125hz 6db?
Most important, does enabling the EQ kill the dynamics and slam?

Mar 15, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #3,183 of 10,898
Is there any volume drop when the EQ is enabled? or any distortion if we boost 20hz or 125hz 6db?
There should not be.
Mojo2 has three bits allocated to make sure it won't clip , so the +9dB limit of its EQ is well within range.
The whole point of UHD DSP (as I understand it) is to make sure the EQ is done transparently, though for me, Neutron DSP is a second best, the only thing I ever notice when using it, is a slight stereo image height reduction and only with Hugo2 that happens to be the most 3D DAC I have ever heard.
Yes, it sometimes can be less power at lower impedance. Only the manufacturer can confirm if it outputs less power at 8 ohms than at 30 ohms.
The specs say 4.2v @32 and 5.2v @300. So, it's nothing out of ordinary.
One does not have to be an electronic engineer to grasp that a rechargeable device does not have unlimited power.
Any device has a finite power output that can it be exceeded, for Mojo classic it was about 0.7W. Otherwise it could theoretically driving a 0.00000000001 Ohm load, destroy the planet!
The fact that at 300 ohm it is 5.2V and at 32 Ohm it is reduced to 4.2V should indicate that.

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #3,184 of 10,898
All, I hope someone can help me, I have recently purchased the Mojo2, to pair with the monarch MKII, I am very satisfied, I nearly cried the first time I heard this combination.. BTW the Box that come with the Monarch MKII fits perfectly the Mojo2 and the IEM.. so it's perfect.

However I use, when I am to go, my Iphone for listening to music, and despite the camera adapter + the micro USB cable works.. it's really.. Ugly. So I am searching a working LIghtning to microUSB or USBC (even better), that is Short, and .. it's available IN ITALY (or at least in europe).. I know about the Meenova cables, but they are like 30 euros in europe with the shipping and arrive after 2 months.. so I wonder, if there is any alternative for Mojo users in Europe that want to connect it to an Iphone (I now I know.. I should have something better).
If I may ask a bonus question.. what player do you use for Flac Files on Iphone? Flac player+ works.. but all my flac tracks at 96kHZ are.. reported to the mojo as 44.1 kHz tracks (.. !!!) if I use VLC player the color of the menu on the Mojo reflect the right kHZ of the tracks.

thank you!
Antonio.

Attachments

• Mojo and monarch.JPG
    Mojo and monarch.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #3,185 of 10,898
All, I hope someone can help me, I have recently purchased the Mojo2, to pair with the monarch MKII, I am very satisfied, I nearly cried the first time I heard this combination.. BTW the Box that come with the Monarch MKII fits perfectly the Mojo2 and the IEM.. so it's perfect.

However I use, when I am to go, my Iphone for listening to music, and despite the camera adapter + the micro USB cable works.. it's really.. Ugly. So I am searching a working LIghtning to microUSB or USBC (even better), that is Short, and .. it's available IN ITALY (or at least in europe).. I know about the Meenova cables, but they are like 30 euros in europe with the shipping and arrive after 2 months.. so I wonder, if there is any alternative for Mojo users in Europe that want to connect it to an Iphone (I now I know.. I should have something better).
If I may ask a bonus question.. what player do you use for Flac Files on Iphone? Flac player+ works.. but all my flac tracks at 96kHZ are.. reported to the mojo as 44.1 kHz tracks (.. !!!) if I use VLC player the color of the menu on the Mojo reflect the right kHZ of the tracks.

thank you!
Antonio.
Would this work?

Attachments

• 7C6634A1-296C-4BA6-AAC4-812665335620.jpeg
    7C6634A1-296C-4BA6-AAC4-812665335620.jpeg
    961.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #3,190 of 10,898
the problem is that it doesn’t matter if its a data cable or MIFI, actually it SHOULD NOT be MIFI compatible. A working cable should have the electronics to emulate a lightning camera adapter. The attached photo give an idea of what the cable should be and what is not. I have already purchased 5 cables lightning to microusb or USB C (and i had many more and no one works) i do have also a shure KSE 1500 and it come with a lightning to microusb cable (that you attach to the KSE DAC) so should work right? Nope! It doesn’t. I purchased the mavic DIJI cables ( the one for the drones) and they don’t work. These are special cables that are used by a bunch of other products like Roland.. and they are not easy to find.
See the attached image

Thanks for everyone that is trying to provide an answer.

Attachments

• 8AC0520D-9307-495D-9D90-DB38295077DD.jpeg
    8AC0520D-9307-495D-9D90-DB38295077DD.jpeg
    371.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #3,191 of 10,898
I'm using the Lightning - USB C cable that came with my Lotoo S2 and it works well.

Mar 15, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #3,192 of 10,898
Hi,

Very late to the thread. I am thinking of buying Mojo 2 because of it's EQ.
I always use EQ, I tried many portable AMPs with bass boost but they all are too much bass for me including the iFi xbass, xbass II.
I have been using software EQs (Neutron, UAPP etc..) but they never gave me the satisfaction because they kill the dynamics and slam.

I played with the EQ a bit and found it to be undetectable in terms of sound quality degradation. Admittedly I was not using gross adjustments for anything other than curiosity, but it really is totally transparent EQ as far as my ears and Quad ERA-1 could tell.

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #3,194 of 10,898
Sorry, another cable question. Any recommendations for a longer (1 metre), snug fitting usb c cable? Sounds daft I know but some of my short cables are a much tighter fit and almost click into place. All my longer length cables though seem to have a certain amount of play in them which makes them prone to disconnects (physically and audibly), if nudged.

Mar 16, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #3,195 of 10,898
Sorry, another cable question. Any recommendations for a longer (1 metre), snug fitting usb c cable? Sounds daft I know but some of my short cables are a much tighter fit and almost click into place. All my longer length cables though seem to have a certain amount of play in them which makes them prone to disconnects (physically and audibly), if nudged.
Anker Powerline + for a well built, secure fitting USB-C cable. Available in lengths up to 3m.

I also have a Wireworld Chroma 8, 1m. Secure fitting, far more expensive, awkward inflexible ribbon cable, no audible benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back