Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 26, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #2,926 of 10,526
Feb 26, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #2,928 of 10,526
Mojo 2 arriving early next week.
I hope you’ll share your impressions. This might be one of the first Mojo 2s to be used with PGGB.

Feb 27, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #2,930 of 10,526
About desktop mode: I assume Poly has no own battery, but is powered by mojo 2, right? so if I permanently charge poly, mojo 2 still is in desktop mode?
Thank you and cheers
Poly operates on its own battery.
But I would like to know to if poly will operates on desktop mode once mojo 2 and poly fully charged?

Feb 27, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #2,931 of 10,526
Poly operates on its own battery.
But I would like to know to if poly will operates on desktop mode once mojo 2 and poly fully charged?
if poly operates on its own battery, and if you permanently charge both poly and mojo 2, the alternatives are
1.) mojo 2 and poly both are in battery saving desktop mode
2.) mojo 2 is in desktop mode and poly not
3.) neither mojo 2 or poly are in battery saving mode

I think it might be 2.) as desktop mode is new in mojo 2, right?

Feb 27, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #2,932 of 10,526
if poly operates on its own battery, and if you permanently charge both poly and mojo 2, the alternatives are
1.) mojo 2 and poly both are in battery saving desktop mode
2.) mojo 2 is in desktop mode and poly not
3.) neither mojo 2 or poly are in battery saving mode

I think it might be 2.) as desktop mode is new in mojo 2, right?
I think it’s more likely be 2.
Wish chord can clarify on this more .
I remember when I have mojo 1 and poly, I cannot charge and play at the same time , it just plays for around 15mins then it shut off by itself. Maybe a over heat issue with poly while charging and playing at the same time .

Feb 27, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #2,933 of 10,526
I remember when I have mojo 1 and poly, I cannot charge and play at the same time , it just plays for around 15mins then it shut off by itself. Maybe a over heat issue with poly while charging and playing at the same time .
Yeah, it would be good to know if it is safe to leave mojo2 with poly on the charger or whilst mojo2 would be a desktop option, it would be with poly only a mobile streamer, as a constantly charged poly would have a battery that will lose capacity over time

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #2,934 of 10,526
An alternative explanation is hinted at in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-13845491

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-13868566

If you are charging Mojopoly together, but your charger does not supply enough current, it is possible to arrive at the situation where your Mojo has received a good charge, but the Poly has received only a partial small charge.
If this is an owners typical charging scenario, and it is repeated enough days in a row, then the owner can arrive at the situation where the Mojo is well charged, but the Poly has only a few minutes of charge left. Maybe in your case, you thought that you were charging and playing, but it was only the Mojo that was in charge and play mode, and the Poly was just playing for the 15 mins until the battery ran out.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #2,935 of 10,526
An alternative explanation is hinted at in this post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-13845491

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-13868566

If you are charging Mojopoly together, but your charger does not supply enough current, it is possible to arrive at the situation where your Mojo has received a good charge, but the Poly has received only a partial small charge.
If this is an owners typical charging scenario, and it is repeated enough days in a row, then the owner can arrive at the situation where the Mojo is well charged, but the Poly has only a few minutes of charge left. Maybe in your case, you thought that you were charging and playing, but it was only the Mojo that was in charge and play mode, and the Poly was just playing for the 15 mins until the battery ran out.
my case with mojo 1 and poly is either the mojo or the poly is over heating while i charge and play at the same time. it shuts off after around 15 mins. but everything is working fine if i unplug the charging cable and both mojo and poly still have good battery life.
this only happens when i charge and play with the poly . i can always charge and play with the mojo by itself.

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #2,936 of 10,526
Hey everyone, just got my Mojo 2. How do you guys charge this thing? Can I use the Apple 20-W usb-c charger? I can find the cable. Just wondering on the compatibility of watts/voltage/amperage

Attachments

• B2BA78F2-FA29-48FF-90D2-2E15C3D2A89F.jpeg
    B2BA78F2-FA29-48FF-90D2-2E15C3D2A89F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #2,937 of 10,526
I’m a little curious about the DSP EQ function for Mojo2 @Rob Watts. Are the frequency bands able to be changed by a firmware upgrade in the future? I feel like the 125hz frequency band cuts off a little to early for me. I would like to see 125hz go up to 200hz for more punch and warmth. Similarly with the 20khz frequency band. I feel like this should be more like 16khz instead of 20khz.

But if this can’t be changed with a firmware upgrade then I guess you can disregard this post. Lol. Just some wishful thinking here.

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #2,938 of 10,526
Hey everyone, just got my Mojo 2. How do you guys charge this thing? Can I use the Apple 20-W usb-c charger? I can find the cable. Just wondering on the compatibility of watts/voltage/amperage
L
I’m a little curious about the DSP EQ function for Mojo2 @Rob Watts. Are the frequency bands able to be changed by a firmware upgrade in the future? I feel like the 125hz frequency band cuts off a little to early for me. I would like to see 125hz go up to 200hz for more punch and warmth. Similarly with the 20khz frequency band. I feel like this should be more like 16khz instead of 20khz.

But if this can’t be changed with a firmware upgrade then I guess you can disregard this post. Lol. Just some wishful thinking here.
I suspect the answer is no. My opinion is based on Robs posts stating that he aims to perfect his DAC capabilities (in coding terms) before release, and then not update the code until the next generation of the DAC. The situation is different for the Chord streamers (Poly and 2Go, for which the original chord policy was that they would receive firmware updates. That policy seems to be still in place).
What Rob learns from user feedback regarding the Mojo2 DSP EQ, will no doubt influence his thoughts regarding Hugo 3 and TT3, but his recent posts about the current physical difficulty of developing/testing new DACS, implies to me that new DACS are one or more years away. :wink:

Feb 27, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #2,939 of 10,526
L

I suspect the answer is no. My opinion is based on Robs posts stating that he aims to perfect his DAC capabilities (in coding terms) before release, and then not update the code until the next generation of the DAC. The situation is different for the Chord streamers (Poly and 2Go, for which the original chord policy was that they would receive firmware updates. That policy seems to be still in place).
What Rob learns from user feedback regarding the Mojo2 DSP EQ, will no doubt influence his thoughts regarding Hugo 3 and TT3, but his recent posts about the current physical difficulty of developing/testing new DACS, implies to me that new DACS are one or more years away. :wink:
It's just functionality. It "could" be coded in firmware releases no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back