Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 17, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #2,716 of 10,448
I have a mojo 2 and 2021 LCD-X. I haven't been able to address the 4K dip with the mojo's EQ adjustments. You can add one or two dB to the 3K shelf and then cut a couple of dB with the 20K peak filter, but that's the closest I have been able to get and I prefer to just leave it alone.
Other than that how is the synergy and quality with the LCD-X? And what about the headroom, is it enough?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #2,717 of 10,448
Speaking of first-world problems...
Interesting. If you don't like my post, then move on instead of masking it with an old played-out saying from 2005 or say the quiet part out loud... ✌️

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #2,718 of 10,448
It’s a portable dac just get something from Amazon. Better use optical or poly if sound quality is the main focus.
The issue is that I did try different USB cables and noticed quite profound differences with some. I have one that sounds right to me. The problem is that I lost confidence if I am actually getting the best of the DAC. That's why I was asking for something that the community recommends as reliable.

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #2,719 of 10,448
The issue is that I did try different USB cables and noticed quite profound differences with some. I have one that sounds right to me. The problem is that I lost confidence if I am actually getting the best of the DAC. That's why I was asking for something that the community recommends as reliable.
I second optical and just bought an inexpensive usb to optical converter mentioned earlier. But, if you are happy with USB or need higher sample rates, then go for the cable that sounds most like optical, I.e., “warmer”, “darker”, “smoother” and “less bright”.

Feb 17, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #2,720 of 10,448
I second optical and just bought an inexpensive usb to optical converter mentioned earlier. But, if you are happy with USB or need higher sample rates, then go for the cable that sounds most like optical, I.e., “warmer”, “darker”, “smoother” and “less bright”.
Sorry to hijack :)
Which usb to optical converter did you get?

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #2,722 of 10,448
Thanks. I didn’t have an OG mojo which is why I contacted chord to see if it was normal. It’s weird that it’s mainly that side as well. My first unit was even worse as it had this issue all around but the screws were loose.
Mine is nothing like that, it’s tight and well fitted. No way should you accept a product like this.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #2,723 of 10,448
Mine is nothing like that, it’s tight and well fitted. No way should you accept a product like this.
It’s getting sorted now. Richer sounds have been amazing with this tbf and Chord as well to their credit. Richer sounds have been in contact with the head of quality control at chord today and explained that this is the second one I’ve had like this.

Apparently they are aware of small pockets of the issue but it doesn’t appear to be wide spread. They are personally going into the factory to pick me one out to ensure it doesn’t have this issue, then send onto richer sounds to send to me.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,724 of 10,448
in your case it looks for sure like the gap is too large, heres mine for comparison, its a very slim gap, so much so i have to tilt it at a very specific angle to catch any light bleeding. id for sure ask for a replacement because although the mojo is ofcourse not water resistant in any way a gap like that will only make the risk even higher. some of the other pictures on here of others id say look normal though, im willing to bet everyone can hold their mojo 2 at a specific angle and catch some light bleed through that gap.mojo no light.jpgmojo light.jpg

I did notice M2 has 6 screws while M1 had 8 screws. I wonder why the change and if a contributing factor. Got mine today. very slight light leak. Wouldn't have noticed unless looking for it

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #2,725 of 10,448
First hours with M2. Have not adjusted any DSP (yet). I use the first setting of cross feed on the H2 and will try the same. I really like the charging status indicator lights. I have seen some comments on the change in orb/ball sizing from the M1. Looking side by side... the M1 now looks a bit comical. The M2 a bit more mature design.

Just listening totoday's "Glantis Mix" on Roon through the Poly to my Campfire Atlas IEMs. Very happy!

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #2,726 of 10,448
I did notice M2 has 6 screws while M1 had 8 screws. I wonder why the change and if a contributing factor. Got mine today. very slight light leak. Wouldn't have noticed unless looking for it
Wonder if it has to do with a screw(s) not all the way tightened, or if the edge is not as straight as it should be.

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #2,727 of 10,448
First hours with M2. Have not adjusted any DSP (yet). I use the first setting of cross feed on the H2 and will try the same. I really like the charging status indicator lights. I have seen some comments on the change in orb/ball sizing from the M1. Looking side by side... the M1 now looks a bit comical. The M2 a bit more mature design.

Just listening totoday's "Glantis Mix" on Roon through the Poly to my Campfire Atlas IEMs. Very happy!
If it helps anyone, I created an Excel sheet to play around with and predict the DSP effects. Try it and feel free to make improvements to the factors I used, which I tried many best to estimate from Rob's PDFs (in the Watts Up thread).

https://mega.nz/file/SzgG0JJQ#WHIJKWvgsmMXA9JRKiA1uf_Ggq0UfaUEoRsmoXnnK_Q

Edit: added image of Excel tool
Edit2: I also changed the horizontal axis to start at 10 and show 00, 1000, etc. as this is more intuitive and you can better read the frequencies.
1645139759255.jpeg

PS: My Mojo 2 has 7 screws :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #2,728 of 10,448
Feb 17, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #2,729 of 10,448
Does anyone know how to purchase a good-quality USB cable for the Mojo?
I don't have the stock cable and I get differences in SQ with various USB cables I try.
Thanx
I bought the Curious Hugo Link used, and together with the AQ Jitterbug has been working wonders with MojOG,
light years ahead of the generic cable I was using and I love the sound.

Feb 17, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #2,730 of 10,448
It’s getting sorted now. Richer sounds have been amazing with this tbf and Chord as well to their credit. Richer sounds have been in contact with the head of quality control at chord today and explained that this is the second one I’ve had like this.

Apparently they are aware of small pockets of the issue but it doesn’t appear to be wide spread. They are personally going into the factory to pick me one out to ensure it doesn’t have this issue, then send onto richer sounds to send to me.

I guess I‘ll need to contact them. I’ve got a pretty small gap in the chassis on the side of the 3.5 mm jacks. Basically I only see it at night looking straight at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back