Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 14, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #2,567 of 10,826
That’s not the issue. It absolutely occurs with Roon in Exclusive Mode.
Same here! Happens all the time with Roon in exclusive mode for me too. Luckily I don’t get the issue when used with the Poly otherwise the M2 would be pretty useless to me.

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #2,568 of 10,826
Thanks for suggestion. Still not working for me. Are you using Airplane or Hotspot, and do you have Apple or Android phone - I have android.
I tried both Airplane and Hotspot, fired up Spotify and Apple music on my phone and neither can detect the Poly.
Actually I am wondering about what I previously said about Roon as well, as Roon doesnt work without wifi, so must have imagined I got Roon to play back in Hotspot?
I’m on Apple but I’d imagine the concept will be the same. No. Never Bluetooth. Mojo 2 doesn’t have Bluetooth for playback (only to connect to phone). I think airplane mode is completely wrong. Hope someone else can help. Do make sure you put poly in hotspot mode. Oh you’ll need hybrid hotspot too so you can still access data thru poly

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #2,569 of 10,826
okay, what I want to know, is still with no inputs on the same side as the outputs, how does one put this in their pocket with their iphone as transport? Like if the USBC was on the same side as the outputs, you could put the whole stack in your pocket upside down without bending cables and everything coming out the top. But with the cables coming out opposite sides, what solution is there to make this really portable?

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #2,570 of 10,826
Isn't boosting every frequency just increasing volume?

no thats not really how it works with the mojo, when you adjust the EQ you shape the sound, so all of the other frequencies around the one you adjust get a milder adjustment too, you would think that if you just adjust every option up 1db for example that the sound profile would be the same as stock but louder but its not it actually changes the sound signature due to the way it works.

if you adjusted every EQ option up 1 it would create a massive V shape to the signature i believe.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #2,571 of 10,826
Same here! Happens all the time with Roon in exclusive mode for me too. Luckily I don’t get the issue when used with the Poly otherwise the M2 would be pretty useless to me.
Could it be an issue with Roon? They haven't updated the available output devices to show Mojo 2.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #2,573 of 10,826
Could it be an issue with Roon? They haven't updated the available output devices to show Mojo 2.
Could be - I’ll see if the problem persists with another app!

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #2,574 of 10,826
Any Mojo 2 DSP setting recommendations for the LCD-X, I’m wondering? I use Roon and am wondering if I should continue to use the Roon DSP preset for the LCD-X or use the Mojo 2 DSP function instead. I’m not sure if there is an advantage of using one over the other.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #2,576 of 10,826
I’m on Apple but I’d imagine the concept will be the same. No. Never Bluetooth. Mojo 2 doesn’t have Bluetooth for playback (only to connect to phone). I think airplane mode is completely wrong. Hope someone else can help. Do make sure you put poly in hotspot mode. Oh you’ll need hybrid hotspot too so you can still access data thru poly
Yes Poly is in hotspot mode. What is hybrid hotspot? Is that the phones hotspot, if so have switched that on as well.

Feb 14, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #2,580 of 10,826
okay, what I want to know, is still with no inputs on the same side as the outputs, how does one put this in their pocket with their iphone as transport? Like if the USBC was on the same side as the outputs, you could put the whole stack in your pocket upside down without bending cables and everything coming out the top. But with the cables coming out opposite sides, what solution is there to make this really portable?
Look at post #2552 in page 171

Users who are viewing this thread

Back