Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 10, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #2,356 of 10,527
I was thinking the same. This and Spotify connect would be my two must have updates
This has piqued my interest. Are you not able to listen to Spotify (on the app on your phone) using Spotify Connect with the Mojo2Poly?

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #2,357 of 10,527
So does the Mojo 2 still hiss with IEM's?

Not with mine. Alclair RMS and Alclair Studio 4. But these didn't hiss with my mojo 1 either.

Any comment on the staging of Mojo 2 as compared to Mojo1

For me, deeper and with slightly better separation. Not much taller or wider. At least this is what I perceived with my IEMs and my Emotiva Airmotiv 4s.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #2,358 of 10,527
I'm not a big reviewer or good at A vs B comparisons.

However, I am rocking out to Radiohead's Moon Shaped Pool album which is sonically complex/testing using the Mojo 2 / Poly Combination (with Roon) combined with a set of Massdrop HD6XXs and an old Stefan Audio Art unbalanced cable. I think that one reviewer said the Mojo is addictive is spot on. There's seems to be (and I know it's all subjective) good separation / depth but also it's very musical (I think someone said "analogue"). So time for a bit of Pink Floyd DSOTM and In Rainbows and who knows what else

I like the Crossfeed max'd option which is easy to set up. I'll try some "noise shaping" in a while but enjoy a bit more listening in the interim ............ to who knows what ....

Feb 10, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #2,359 of 10,527
I have a FIIO M11 which I intended to sell and either purchase a Mojo 2 or IBasso DX240/300.
I own both IBasso IT04 and IMR Semper IEMS and at some point plan to get a TOTL IEM (IERZ1 or U12t).
Sound quality wise, which one would be best? Right now I think the M11 is the bottleneck...

Thanks for all replies.

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #2,361 of 10,527
I have a FIIO M11 which I intended to sell and either purchase a Mojo 2 or IBasso DX240/300.
I own both IBasso IT04 and IMR Semper IEMS and at some point plan to get a TOTL IEM (IERZ1 or U12t).
Sound quality wise, which one would be best? Right now I think the M11 is the bottleneck...

Thanks for all replies.
I tested the iBasso DX240 and I have the Mojo 2 for four days now and for me the Mojo 2 sounds better than the iBasso DX240: The Mojo 2 has more volume, no harshness, enough details, great soundstage, and instrument separation. There is a lot of room and space. It is the perfect mix between being analytic and just sounding great.
My current setup: Samsung Galaxy A52 + Tidal Master + Mojo 2 + Austrian Audio Hi-X65.

Don't get me wrong: The iBasso DX240 is a great DAP. It needs more time to get used to it. It is noticeably clear, analytic, and detailed.

Feb 10, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #2,362 of 10,527
So my M2 arrived today from Audio Sanctuary (ordered yesterday, superb service!). I've been an M1 users for a couple of years now. I use it portable, paired with a Tempotec V1 as digital transport and as a desktop DAC with USB out from my PC and JRiver Media Centre. I switch between my Campfire Cascades and Westone Um Pro 50s or ocassionally my Audeze Mobius in HD mode.

After a few hours of listening to some DSF tracks (Bowie, Kraftwerk, The Police, Spirit) I'm very, very impressed. Noticably more depth than the M1. Slightly less warm to my ears but that's not a bad thing. The Cascades are absolutely superb with this DAC, picking up virtually every detail.

Controls are very easy to master. The crossfeed is nice (I have it on minimum). Haven't mucked around much with the EQ but it works as expected. Overall, I have zero buyers remorse.

Also made this quick reference:
----------------------------------
Menu once (blue) + '-' = Brightness

Menu once:
Blue = brightness ('-') + crossfeed (use '+' to move thru crossfeed - Red/Min, Green/Mid, Blue/Max)

Menu twice (EQ):
Light will travel from off to white (9 stages up and down)
Red = Bass 20Hz
Yellow = Bass 125Hz shelf
Green = Treble 3Khz shelf
L.Blue = Treble 20Khz
Purple = Lock control

RESTORE SETTINGS (from DSP or Crossfeed):
Press '+' & '-' simultaneously

Dimensions: 83 mm x 62 mm x 22.9 mm

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #2,366 of 10,527
As I look at the Mojo2/Poly case, it appears that the units just slip in from on end. Is there anything to keep them from slipping back out if held the wrong way?

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #2,367 of 10,527
As I look at the Mojo2/Poly case, it appears that the units just slip in from on end. Is there anything to keep them from slipping back out if held the wrong way?
The cases are quite snug and most likely won't ever have this issue.

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #2,368 of 10,527
Hopefully Dignis will release a better case soon. Chord’s Mojo hard cases were much nicer than the current offerings. The sloppy red stitching and grainy leather makes it look like an ancient case for a 1990s Nokia mobile phone.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,369 of 10,527
The sloppy red stitching and grainy leather makes it look like an ancient case for a 1990s Nokia mobile phone.
And now I want to play “Snake” on my mojo. This sentence doesn’t sound right…

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2,370 of 10,527
I wonder how I can get the actual Q values of the eq - it would be nice to recreate some curves on the computer for a more accurate idea on how to tailor the eq for specific headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back