Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 9, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #2,341 of 10,754
Well, if I’m to go by past experience,
I will enjoy Mojo shortly, sell it and get the Walkman 😅😜
Yeah, I change my mind all the time! 2 years time you’ll see me wanting a 2nd device for my music rather than a streamlined package like Phone + Mojo/Poly. I’m a simple stupid creature, I know that.

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #2,342 of 10,754
The

I agree. Though it is important to consider the Sony NW-WM1ZM2 and Mojo 2 are in completely different product classes and it is difficult to objectively compare them. That said, the NW-WM1ZM2 has very compelling features, specifications, design, and precision construction. A tiny firm like Chord could never match Sony given their enormous resources. However, Chord desprately needs to hire a skilled industrial designer as many aspects of the Mojo 2 and its manufacturing tolerances/design could be vastly improved. I can’t forgive the lazy and embarrassing packaging design of the Mojo 2 which further reveals a company that needs to hire a lead designer.
Grado Labs: hold my beer........ and let me bust out that pizza box.

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #2,343 of 10,754
Yeah, I change my mind all the time! 2 years time you’ll see me wanting a 2nd device for my music rather than a streamlined package like Phone + Mojo/Poly. I’m a simple stupid creature, I know that.
Hah not the only one, loss of money is part of this hobby, I’ve accepted I won’t decide now which one, will get both and sell one basically new, now, this is stupid😂

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #2,344 of 10,754
Please don't listen with your eyes or your wallet...:L3000:

By listening with your eyes or your wallet?...:L3000:
No need to be cheeky. I am sitting here with mojo1 + poly and Emm Labs Dac2x + Headamp GSX and if I am being really honest, if Dac2x + GSX were 10/10, mojo1+poly is like 4/10. So I am actually being very generous with MSB Select and Mojo 1 comparison.

mojo 1 + poly was a game changer for the intended market and I am very happy with mine for their intended use case. You don't need to sell me on anything.

Also, thank you for turning your hobby into something that benefited the audiophile community.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #2,345 of 10,754
Hah not the only one, loss of money is part of this hobby, I’ve accepted I won’t decide now which one, will get both and sell one basically new, now, this is stupid😂
I see a lot of sense in this…

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #2,346 of 10,754
What's your take on the firmware from Mr Walkman. I love my WM1A and its more of curiosity than non been satisfied.
It's very good. It adds that lush magic to the sound which made me go, time to put the Mojo on ebay :wink:

That said, I totally get what flvtch is saying. They're very different devices; i think if your only use case is walking out and about, walkman. But if you want a DAC to insert in a desktop home system too, with speakers, something very versatile, you can't beat a mojo-poly setup.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #2,347 of 10,754
I see a lot of sense in this…
Although on a second thought im definitely not paying £1400 or similar for the Sony, If the Mojo gets sweet and powerful sound I’ll be fine with the new toy syndrome for a bit

Feb 9, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #2,348 of 10,754
Grado Labs: hold my beer........ and let me bust out that pizza box.
And even Grado Labs hired the design firm High Tide NYC in 2019 to help with their graphic and packaging designs. It’s unfortunate because Rob Watts’ tech is outstanding yet it seems the rest of Chord invests a different level of effort and attention to detail.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #2,349 of 10,754
Feb 9, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #2,350 of 10,754
It's very good. It adds that lush magic to the sound which made me go, time to put the Mojo on ebay :wink:

That said, I totally get what flvtch is saying. They're very different devices; i think if your only use case is walking out and about, walkman. But if you want a DAC to insert in a desktop home system too, with speakers, something very versatile, you can't beat a mojo-poly setup.
Thanks mate. I have both and use them both equally but also differently. For example I use the poly mojo a lot in my hi fi and also in the car. sometime I take it to work. The Sony is my companion for portable audio playing my own files when I am out, on holidays etc. I tried the sony in my main system just out of curiosity and it was a total failure. So I think both devices have merits and use case.

Feb 10, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #2,353 of 10,754
My short take posted on my Instagram account.

Today we take a closer look to the newly released Chord Mojo 2 which is a portable digital to analog converter and headphone amplifier by @ChordElectronics and @Rob Watts creation as the designer. This is the replacement of the original Mojo that defined an era in portable audio and is the single handed device that regenerated the whole portable audio developments. When the original mojo came out it was a revelation. But how the Mojo 2 compares? The mojo 2 is a sibling rather a cousin. Is more dynamic, transparent and coherent compared to the original. Nevertheless, the star of the show is the 4 bands EQ function that the new mojo offers. As a result I was able to tune the new mojo closer to the sound signature offered by the original which is slightly warmer sounding. With 3db at 20 Hz and 2db at 120Hz I was able to match the sound signature with more dynamics and higher level of transparency. Music just sounds right and for example closer to what an acoustic guitar will sound in real life. The new mojo offers also cross feed which is helpful with some type of recordings and certain headphones. The whole point of the new mojo is the versatility offered and how you can tune the sound to your liking with EQ that is lossless and transparent. Mojo 1 is one device while the Mojo 2 can be many many different kind of sounding devices. From my view the Mojo 2 is once again the benchmark in portable audio and with the poly streamer is simply my favorite portable device today together maybe with the Sony WM-1A. Usability is where the mojo 2 loses some points because it’s not the most intuitive and user friendly device. Many colors, combinations and actions that will probably need the manual to get used to it and if you are color blind then forget about it. Once you’ve learned the way it is fine but till then you will need the manual for reference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back