Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 6, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #2,132 of 10,527
Here is a generic review you all can use - feel free to substitute [Mojo] with any dac or amp of your choice:

The [Mojo] seems to be a very well balanced [dac] in every aspect of its sonic presentation. By this I mean its frequency presentation seems to be equally consistent throughout the entire spectrum from the very low bass all the way throughout the upper treble. This consistency gives the [dac] a very smooth, even and natural tonal balance. This well balanced tonal character gives the amp a smooth, almost liquid sense, a somewhat silky feel. Never is there a hint of artificial or electronic reproduction taking place. When I say silkiness and smoothness I do not mean to infer a lack of detail or leading edge blurriness but quite the contrary, there is plenty of inner detail and resolution.

There is also an overall warmth to this [dac] but not too much, not overly present or in any way intrusive. This warmth does not seem to be a manifestation of any undue or excess mid bass emphasis, its just there in the presentation in a beneficial way rather than detracting and does not obscure the the dac detail or compromise definition. Personally I find this warmth pleasant, inviting and gratifying. [if you are aiming for clarity, change accordingly.]

The [dac] has the ability to unravel a complex sonic landscape with ease and confidence. Musical lines and rhythms are kept straight and coherent. Nothing is sonically tripping over itself or obscuring the detail of another instrument. Even in the most complex passages you can distinctly hear every instrument in detail. This is the consequence of the [dac]'s ability to resolve and present the smallest amounts of inner detail and micro dynamics. Instruments are clearly defined and focused and separated across the soundstage. Bass extension is deep and controlled with excellent definition, impact and tonality. Treble is extended and smooth without any sense of edginess or harshness. The slight overall warmth to the [dac] gives the midrange the seduction needed to draw you into the music and get you involved. Listening to the [dac] I never once thought I was listening to a digital file. It is not an in your face kind of [dac]. It seems so well balanced in so many regards that it doesn't need to have any particular overbearing characteristics to give it its overall magic. It simply does its job in every area with confidence and respect and disappears from the sonic equation in an effortless way.

Reviews without critical comparisons with similarly priced and TOTL gear (>$10k) are utterly useless.
You forgot to add cons-
1. The [Dac] gets warm

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #2,134 of 10,527
Has anyone tried the Mojo 2 in the Mojo case? Have noticed it's not too different. While some folk are cheesed-off at having to shell out for another case for i.e. Poly/Mojo 2 case.

I think Mojo 2 would fit mojo case and show all buttons bar one volume button. However if one were prepared to carefully 'mod' the case, I think it would work fine. ... Though probs best to sell old case and buy new one.

I for one would prefer a case like the style of the Chord official cases from Mojo generation. (The sort of leather-backed rubber ones, with a clean finish.) Am not so hot over the Mojo 2 red stiched ones.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #2,135 of 10,527
Weird question, how do you charge the Chord Mojo 2? Power brick from Apple? Connect to a PC USB port? How?
According to Rob Watts, it will charge from anything that will output .5A (500mA), but fastest if you have a 2A capable charger (eg: An old iPad charger).

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #2,137 of 10,527
And Im curious too but about the LCD-XC pairing. Likewise the original Mojo didn’t do well with the LCD-XC.

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #2,139 of 10,527
While waiting for my Mojo 2 to arrive (should be hear already but apparently there has been some problems with customs unfortunately or so I've been told) I wonder if anyone of new Mojo 2 owners could share their thoughts and opinion on pairing with:
  • Focal Clear MG or Focal Clear MG Professional
  • any IEMs, I'm thinking about Fiio FH9 but this is just an idea and I am open for suggestions
Thank you in advance.

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #2,140 of 10,527
My Chord Mojo 2 is live, versus the Gryphon & Xduoo XD05 BAL. The Xduoo has upgraded op amps, a pair of Burson V5i-D. Happy to answer any questions .

quite the praise

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #2,141 of 10,527
Ha haa, so true. I feel like I’m reading reviews these days that go on about a ‘neutral’ and ‘natural’ sound, which is perfectly balanced and uncolored, and then I have no idea how it sounds any different to the hundreds of other products with the same description 😝

Sound descriptions rarely describe how a DAC truly sounds especially when there are tons of them since none of them truly pick a common reference sound across reviewers. You physically have to hear them to know how Mojo 2 compares relative to other DACs and their descriptions about Mojo 2 will vary depending on which system the reviewers chose as reference.

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #2,142 of 10,527
My Chord Mojo 2 is live, versus the Gryphon & Xduoo XD05 BAL. The Xduoo has upgraded op amps, a pair of Burson V5i-D. Happy to answer any questions .

Well that was extremely useful for me and a really good review. I didn't know the Xduoo XD05 BAL existed actually.

I have an iFi xDSD Gryphon which I bought three weeks ago. If I decide I want a Chord Mojo 2 then I can return this Gryphon within the 30 day period. However I think I will stick with the Gryphon because… …I love having the bluetooth. Actually I didn't think I was going to use the bluetooth much with the Gryphon, but I've found it to be so useful. It is surprising how good it is, although it isn't as good as using the OTG cable.

Your review is excellent except I have one small complaint which is that I hate car analogies. I don't know how a Ferrari differs from another supercar. Thank you for the great review!

Feb 6, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #2,143 of 10,527
Your review is excellent except I have one small complaint which is that I hate car analogies. I don't know how a Ferrari differs from another supercar. Thank you for the great review!
I imagine the people who do get the hypercar analogies would just buy both the gryphon & mojo and not fret lol

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,144 of 10,527
Here is a generic review you all can use - feel free to substitute [Mojo] with any dac or amp of your choice:

The [Mojo] seems to be a very well balanced [dac] in every aspect of its sonic presentation. By this I mean its frequency presentation seems to be equally consistent throughout the entire spectrum from the very low bass all the way throughout the upper treble. This consistency gives the [dac] a very smooth, even and natural tonal balance. This well balanced tonal character gives the amp a smooth, almost liquid sense, a somewhat silky feel. Never is there a hint of artificial or electronic reproduction taking place. When I say silkiness and smoothness I do not mean to infer a lack of detail or leading edge blurriness but quite the contrary, there is plenty of inner detail and resolution.

There is also an overall warmth to this [dac] but not too much, not overly present or in any way intrusive. This warmth does not seem to be a manifestation of any undue or excess mid bass emphasis, its just there in the presentation in a beneficial way rather than detracting and does not obscure the the dac detail or compromise definition. Personally I find this warmth pleasant, inviting and gratifying. [if you are aiming for clarity, change accordingly.]

The [dac] has the ability to unravel a complex sonic landscape with ease and confidence. Musical lines and rhythms are kept straight and coherent. Nothing is sonically tripping over itself or obscuring the detail of another instrument. Even in the most complex passages you can distinctly hear every instrument in detail. This is the consequence of the [dac]'s ability to resolve and present the smallest amounts of inner detail and micro dynamics. Instruments are clearly defined and focused and separated across the soundstage. Bass extension is deep and controlled with excellent definition, impact and tonality. Treble is extended and smooth without any sense of edginess or harshness. The slight overall warmth to the [dac] gives the midrange the seduction needed to draw you into the music and get you involved. Listening to the [dac] I never once thought I was listening to a digital file. It is not an in your face kind of [dac]. It seems so well balanced in so many regards that it doesn't need to have any particular overbearing characteristics to give it its overall magic. It simply does its job in every area with confidence and respect and disappears from the sonic equation in an effortless way.

Reviews without critical comparisons with similarly priced and TOTL gear (>$10k) are utterly useless.
This made me chuckle. I've noticed the prominent audio review sites don't seem to give bad reviews, and more often than not they were given the equipment. It's a bit like politics and journalism here in the UK - they started out with good intentions but have basically merged into the same industry.

Back on topic: I've been listening to Mojo 2 with my headphones (Senn HD650) this weekend. It drives them easily and sounds very good indeed.

Feb 6, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #2,145 of 10,527

Users who are viewing this thread

Back