Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 5, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #2,116 of 10,527
I can speak for the Poly with the SD card on the Mojo OG only (Mojo 2 will hopefully be in the U.S. in the next week or so). My Poly use is ~80% with the SD card. I use the Poly as a streamer for the remaining ~20% for Roon (at home) and Plexamp (out and about where I seek music not on my SD card). I think the SD card playback is solid. Further, outside of the early days, Poly as a whole has been relatively stable and very enjoyable. Big takeaway with the SD card- no dropouts due to intermittent cell service.

And what app do you use to access/control the music on the SD card?

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #2,120 of 10,527
No. You'll need the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter which isn't available in USB-C. Fiio's LT-LT1 may work but in my experience cables like these eventually cease to work or cause other issues depending on the iOS version. The last Fiio cable I had became extremely hot to the point of melting the plastic around the Lightning cable.
If the cable has Made for iPhone chip then it will work and I guess you might be driving those dongles that draw current from iPhone to work for the cable to get hot. Since Mojo has its own battery so it might not get hot like it gets with dongle

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #2,121 of 10,527
If the cable has Made for iPhone chip then it will work and I guess you might be driving those dongles that draw current from iPhone to work for the cable to get hot. Since Mojo has its own battery so it might not get hot like it gets with dongle
Its Apple’s attempts over the years via software updates to prevent non-MFI certified cables from working. It’s a game of cat and mouse and Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera adapter has always worked with the Mojo. However, I find the adapter untidy— the only thing more unwieldy is the Poly.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #2,123 of 10,527
Its Apple’s attempts over the years via software updates to prevent non-MFI certified cables from working. It’s a game of cat and mouse and Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera adapter has always worked with the Mojo. However, I find the adapter untidy— the only thing more unwieldy is the Poly.
I agree and only thing I hate about using Mojo with phone is that CCK cable

Feb 6, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #2,127 of 10,527
Here is a generic review you all can use - feel free to substitute [Mojo] with any dac or amp of your choice:

The [Mojo] seems to be a very well balanced [dac] in every aspect of its sonic presentation. By this I mean its frequency presentation seems to be equally consistent throughout the entire spectrum from the very low bass all the way throughout the upper treble. This consistency gives the [dac] a very smooth, even and natural tonal balance. This well balanced tonal character gives the amp a smooth, almost liquid sense, a somewhat silky feel. Never is there a hint of artificial or electronic reproduction taking place. When I say silkiness and smoothness I do not mean to infer a lack of detail or leading edge blurriness but quite the contrary, there is plenty of inner detail and resolution.

There is also an overall warmth to this [dac] but not too much, not overly present or in any way intrusive. This warmth does not seem to be a manifestation of any undue or excess mid bass emphasis, its just there in the presentation in a beneficial way rather than detracting and does not obscure the the dac detail or compromise definition. Personally I find this warmth pleasant, inviting and gratifying. [if you are aiming for clarity, change accordingly.]

The [dac] has the ability to unravel a complex sonic landscape with ease and confidence. Musical lines and rhythms are kept straight and coherent. Nothing is sonically tripping over itself or obscuring the detail of another instrument. Even in the most complex passages you can distinctly hear every instrument in detail. This is the consequence of the [dac]'s ability to resolve and present the smallest amounts of inner detail and micro dynamics. Instruments are clearly defined and focused and separated across the soundstage. Bass extension is deep and controlled with excellent definition, impact and tonality. Treble is extended and smooth without any sense of edginess or harshness. The slight overall warmth to the [dac] gives the midrange the seduction needed to draw you into the music and get you involved. Listening to the [dac] I never once thought I was listening to a digital file. It is not an in your face kind of [dac]. It seems so well balanced in so many regards that it doesn't need to have any particular overbearing characteristics to give it its overall magic. It simply does its job in every area with confidence and respect and disappears from the sonic equation in an effortless way.

Reviews without critical comparisons with similarly priced and TOTL gear (>$10k) are utterly useless.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #2,129 of 10,527
Here is a generic review you all can use - feel free to substitute [Mojo] with any dac or amp of your choice:

The [Mojo] seems to be a very well balanced [dac] in every aspect of its sonic presentation. By this I mean its frequency presentation seems to be equally consistent throughout the entire spectrum from the very low bass all the way throughout the upper treble. This consistency gives the [dac] a very smooth, even and natural tonal balance. This well balanced tonal character gives the amp a smooth, almost liquid sense, a somewhat silky feel. Never is there a hint of artificial or electronic reproduction taking place. When I say silkiness and smoothness I do not mean to infer a lack of detail or leading edge blurriness but quite the contrary, there is plenty of inner detail and resolution.

There is also an overall warmth to this [dac] but not too much, not overly present or in any way intrusive. This warmth does not seem to be a manifestation of any undue or excess mid bass emphasis, its just there in the presentation in a beneficial way rather than detracting and does not obscure the the dac detail or compromise definition. Personally I find this warmth pleasant, inviting and gratifying. [if you are aiming for clarity, change accordingly.]

The [dac] has the ability to unravel a complex sonic landscape with ease and confidence. Musical lines and rhythms are kept straight and coherent. Nothing is sonically tripping over itself or obscuring the detail of another instrument. Even in the most complex passages you can distinctly hear every instrument in detail. This is the consequence of the [dac]'s ability to resolve and present the smallest amounts of inner detail and micro dynamics. Instruments are clearly defined and focused and separated across the soundstage. Bass extension is deep and controlled with excellent definition, impact and tonality. Treble is extended and smooth without any sense of edginess or harshness. The slight overall warmth to the [dac] gives the midrange the seduction needed to draw you into the music and get you involved. Listening to the [dac] I never once thought I was listening to a digital file. It is not an in your face kind of [dac]. It seems so well balanced in so many regards that it doesn't need to have any particular overbearing characteristics to give it its overall magic. It simply does its job in every area with confidence and respect and disappears from the sonic equation in an effortless way.

Reviews without critical comparisons with similarly priced and TOTL gear (>$10k) are utterly useless.
Having now read this, I think you are "having a laugh" is it meant to be a bit of a p**s take?

I have now "unwatched" this thread, not because of this post BTW, its just because I have nothing else to add to the Mojo 2 discussion since I will never own one I don't want to influence anyone else's purchase decisions any further.

Feb 6, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #2,130 of 10,527

Ha haa, so true. I feel like I’m reading reviews these days that go on about a ‘neutral’ and ‘natural’ sound, which is perfectly balanced and uncolored, and then I have no idea how it sounds any different to the hundreds of other products with the same description 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back