Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 5, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #2,086 of 10,754
Yes a power cycle recovered the left channel, monitoring the situation for now.

Edit: Gone in 30 seconds, I should try other sources but this one is looking DOA.

Edit2: Tried it plugged direct to my PC, over USB C and Micro USB same, left channel fades out with digital noise in a few seconds. So mine is DOA so will have to go back. I may just get a refund and stick with my Gryphon.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #2,087 of 10,754
Here I am again. I'm glad I didn't try Mojo 2 with my Sennheiser ie900.

After I tried it with the Night Owl I tested it with my iBasso IT01s and now the left driver is dead no matter what I plug the IT01s into, the left IEM got hot too.

I don't know what to say. I hope it hasn't damaged my Night Owl as well. :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #2,088 of 10,754

After I tried it with the Night Owl I tested it with my iBasso IT01s and now the left driver is dead no matter what I plug the IT01s into, the left IEM got hot too.

I don't know what to say. I hope it hasn't damaged my Night Owl as well. :frowning2:
Ahhh…. That is not good at all. Maybe contact Chord and ask for reimbursement for your dead gear. They should be able to do something for you.

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #2,089 of 10,754
Ahhh…. That is not good at all. Maybe contact Chord and ask for reimbursement for your dead gear. They should be able to do something for you.
I'm not so bothered about the IT01s and luckily the Night Owl appears to be OK. I won't be plugging anything else into the Mojo 2 though. I will return it to my dealer when they open again on Tuesday.

Hopefully Chord can investigate the problem a let us know what happened to it.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #2,090 of 10,754
I'm not so bothered about the IT01s and luckily the Night Owl appears to be OK. I won't be plugging anything else into the Mojo 2 though. I will return it to my dealer when they open again on Tuesday.

Hopefully Chord can investigate the problem a let us know what happened to it.
Similar problems with mine too. I either get everything going robotic sounding or loud white noise. Power cycling solves it but these issues are happening frequently.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #2,091 of 10,754
Similar problems with mine too. I either get everything going robotic sounding or loud white noise. Power cycling solves it but these issues are happening frequently.
Has your one damaged the connected IEM though? I think mine has a shorted output stage for whatever reason and is sending full power DC straight to the output.

Mine must be faulty but I do worry that Rob's output stage improvement, removing the capacitors, have allowed this to happen.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #2,092 of 10,754
Has your one damaged the connected IEM though? I think mine has a shorted output stage for whatever reason and is sending full power DC straight to the output.

Mine must be faulty but I do worry that Rob's output stage improvement, removing the capacitors, have allowed this to happen.
Mine seems to be more a software issue. Yours seems to be hardware. That sucks dude!

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #2,093 of 10,754
Mine seems to be more a software issue. Yours seems to be hardware. That sucks dude!
It does 100%. I think I may take the IT01s with the Mojo back to the dealer as well, Chord can do what they want with it, its no use to me anymore I suspect if they do open it they will find a melted voice coil.

I really do hope that I'm the only one unlucky to have this issue and that nobody else's Mojo 2 does this to their $3000 IEM, this is a bit like the Gryphon volume jump issue all over again.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,095 of 10,754
This is a worrying trend. I was interested in both the Mojo 2 and the Gryphon. Both seem to be not without issues!
The Gryphon problems have been fixed with firmware updates (for my unit anyway). What concerns me is I don’t think the Mojo 2 is updatable. Someone correct me if I’m wrong…

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #2,096 of 10,754

That’s terribly unfortunate. Interestingly I have the exact same issue with my DAVE and Blu Mk II via USB and worry about my left Focal Utopia driver failing when it happens.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #2,097 of 10,754
The Gryphon problems have been fixed with firmware updates (for my unit anyway). What concerns me is I don’t think the Mojo 2 is updatable. Someone correct me if I’m wrong…
AFAIK no its not updateable. But lets not jump to conclusions too early, with my luck lately I may be the only one who has major issues with Mojo 2 and @keithmarsh's one may also be faulty albeit with a slightly different fault.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #2,098 of 10,754
I was looking at the Gryphon with a view to using the 4.4mm output, but it looks like there may be an issue with the connector tolerances. The Mojo 2 gives me a potential 600mw single ended, so in the right area power wise. First manufacturer batch issues perhaps? Quality engineering used to be my main job (just a consultant now) so I understand how difficult it is to make stuff!

I have to say, currently, looking at various reviews and the general operating principles, I'm going to try out the Mojo 2. I'm hoping it'll make a decent upgrade from my Shanling M6. It's going to mostly be driving Quad ERA-1.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #2,099 of 10,754
I was looking at the Gryphon with a view to using the 4.4mm output, but it looks like there may be an issue with the connector tolerances. The Mojo 2 gives me a potential 600mw single ended, so in the right area power wise. First manufacturer batch issues perhaps? Quality engineering used to be my main job (just a consultant now) so I understand how difficult it is to make stuff!

I have to say, currently, looking at various reviews and the general operating principles, I'm going to try out the Mojo 2. I'm hoping it'll make a decent upgrade from my Shanling M6. It's going to mostly be driving Quad ERA-1.
I have the gryphon and haven’t had a single issue with it. It sounds superb. I’m just curious to know how it stacks up against the mojo 2.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #2,100 of 10,754
I have the gryphon and haven’t had a single issue with it. It sounds superb. I’m just curious to know how it stacks up against the mojo 2.
Are you using it with the 4.4mm Pentaconn output? If so, how's the fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back