Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 5, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #2,056 of 10,527
Can't upgrade?
Someone mentioned earlier that upgrade can be done only with Mojo OG which is bummer if you have Poly on old firmware but don’t have access to Mojo 1

Feb 5, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #2,058 of 10,527
Yeah Poly should be offered at a much lower price to anyone buying M2 as it's such an outdated product
CA751D6A-7C12-45C9-882E-11B9FB810611.png

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #2,059 of 10,527
Would any of you that have a Mojo 2 and a PS5 test it and see if it works? I know the chances are slim as the Mojo 1 did not work. I’d just like to know for sure. Half of my headphone use is gaming so it’s important to me. It would be much appreciated.
I just checked, nothing from Micro USB or USB C on Mojo 2, so a HDMI break out box is needed if your tv/monitor doesn't have optical out.

Turtle Beach are saying the same thing here, https://tinyurl.com/mu7fuwkd

Feb 5, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #2,061 of 10,527
Yeah Poly should be offered at a much lower price to anyone buying M2 as it's such an outdated product

Omg.... Is it not some sort of trickery ? I totally agree that poly should go for way lower price for what it does. That would lift sales of mojo 2 as well

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #2,064 of 10,527
Is anyone else able to comment on this? Surely a new adopter to the Mojo 2 isn’t left hung out to dry if they can’t purchase a firmware 3.0 ready Poly?
Apparently there was an email from Chord to all retailers that any poly sold should be updated to v3 but some slipped through the net and are being returned for a replacement with latest version. Surely inconvenient but will be taken care of.

Assume people who already have poly but no Mojo should be able to get the update done at their local retailer when getting Mojo 2.

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #2,065 of 10,527
Absolutely!! Let’s get some love back into this thread for the Mojo2Poly!!! I’m blown away by the difference to OG. We now have separation and depth. And smiles!!!! So you’ve got the Hugo2go. Any thoughts on this? Redundant or do you have uses still?
I think the Hugo2go will probably go. Technically, it's probably 'better' - the sound is crystal clear and 'cleaner'. But these days I prefer a sound that gives me a hug and makes me feel good; Mojo 2 certainly does this. To continue this awful analogy, the original Mojo smothered me with a pillow over my face.

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #2,066 of 10,527
So I managed to get a little listening demo of the Mojo 2 today courtesy of the kind folks at Richer Sounds. I was going in with the hope of it being fairly close in SQ to the Astell & Kern SE200 so that I could do away with the player and use the Mojo 2 for portable listening. Unfortunately, I don't think that the Mojo 2 is quite on the level of the SE200 (no surprise there given the price difference) but it is a hell of a lot of sound quality for its £450 price tag. A substantial step up from the Mojo 1 from memory. If I were to put a number on it, I would say that the Mojo 2 is around 80% of the sound quality of the SE200's AKM output. I noticed layering is quite a bit better on the SE200, bass was tighter and more defined and also the mids are smoother yet more detailed. The Mojo 2's vocals and mids sounded very etched and clean, nowhere near as warm as the Mojo 1 in its base form. The DSP on the Mojo 2 is very good, honesty I was thinking about buying one just for its versatility in this regard. The adjustments are quite wide band but very effective and indeed doesn't degrade the SQ. Overall, I think I was being a bit optimistic thinking that it would measure up to the SQ of the SE200 but it definitely punches well above its price point, very impressive stuff and I can't see anything under £1000 coming close to this level of SQ.

Attachments

• tempImagefCIGGj.png
    tempImagefCIGGj.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 13.49.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 13.49.14.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #2,067 of 10,527
So I managed to get a little listening demo of the Mojo 2 today courtesy of the kind folks at Richer Sounds. I was going in with the hope of it being fairly close in SQ to the Astell & Kern SE200 so that I could do away with the player and use the Mojo 2 for portable listening. Unfortunately, I don't think that the Mojo 2 is quite on the level of the SE200 (no surprise there given the price difference) but it is a hell of a lot of sound quality for its £450 price tag. A substantial step up from the Mojo 1 from memory. If I were to put a number on it, I would say that the Mojo 2 is around 80% of the sound quality of the SE200's AKM output. I noticed layering is quite a bit better on the SE200, bass was tighter and more defined and also the mids are smoother yet more detailed. The Mojo 2's vocals and mids sounded very etched and clean, nowhere near as warm as the Mojo 1 in its base form. The DSP on the Mojo 2 is very good, honesty I was thinking about buying one just for its versatility in this regard. The adjustments are quite wide band but very effective and indeed doesn't degrade the SQ. Overall, I think I was being a bit optimistic thinking that it would measure up to the SQ of the SE200 but it definitely punches well above its price point, very impressive stuff and I can't see anything under £1000 coming close to this level of SQ.
Thanks for your impressions, im going to Richer next week when back

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #2,068 of 10,527
Thanks for your impressions, im going to Richer next week when back
No problem, absolutely love that place and the guys that work there! Very helpful, sat me down in a quiet room and left me to my devices and even brought me a coffee. Always a pleasure and wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone when it comes to audio / visual purchases.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #2,069 of 10,527
No problem, absolutely love that place and the guys that work there! Very helpful, sat me down in a quiet room and left me to my devices and even brought me a coffee. Always a pleasure and wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone when it comes to audio / visual purchases.
In London?

Feb 5, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #2,070 of 10,527

Users who are viewing this thread

Back