Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #1,966 of 11,002
That my friend is UAMP, a now defunct amp (no DAC) from Australia. I got it on Kickstarter in 2016 and it is a nice little amp. Battery powered and even has EQ! It was my first audio source upgrade ever. Way ahead of its time.
Interesting little amp, but isn't it better to keep the signal path as pure as possible and just attenuate the output level with the M2?

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #1,969 of 11,002
someone should test this 🙏.. The "real" desktop mode is very useful because it can allow you to keep the new battery for years

I’m wondering since once the battery is fully charged in desktop mode, the Mojo 2 stops charging it in order not to overcharge, it’s removed from even trickle charge. Whether the battery is in the case or outside, it seems Rob designed the Mojo 2 to not have any of the battery issues of the OG.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #1,971 of 11,002
I’m wondering since once the battery is fully charged in desktop mode, the Mojo 2 stops charging it in order not to overcharge, it’s removed from even trickle charge. Whether the battery is in the case or outside, it seems Rob designed the Mojo 2 to not have any of the battery issues of the OG.
FWIW, the Hugo 2 has the 'desktop mode' and people still complain about battery issues after a while after leaving it constantly plugged in all the time.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #1,972 of 11,002
It´s interesting how different the Mojo 2 sound apears to different people, from colder and less musicaly than the Hugo 2, to lovelier and more musical.
So i´m curios how it compares to mojo 1, when i receive it.
I have ordered it on Monday, from the german distributor, it should be in stock.

All depending on personal taste and headphones used. For me I loved a lot about the Mojo but it added too much mid bass thickness to the sound where as that is not the case for Hugo2 so it's more musical in a way for me because of the effortless transparent presentation. Mojo 2 is a lot closer to this.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1,973 of 11,002
All depending on personal taste and headphones used. For me I loved a lot about the Mojo but it added too much mid bass thickness to the sound where as that is not the case for Hugo2 so it's more musical in a way for me because of the effortless transparent presentation. Mojo 2 is a lot closer to this.
Would it be fair to describe the M2 as leaner sounding than the OG Mojo as a result of the mid bass reduction and increased transparency?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #1,975 of 11,002
What you are asking for is going to be "The Hook" that sells many many Mojo 2's.

I suspect in the near future there will be all kinds of DSP settings being shared for many headphones and IEM's. We will see posts claiming one specific DSP setup for headphone XYZ transforms it into something far beyond what it is. Soon there will be posts claiming certain Mojo 2 DSP settings for headphone ABC make it sound better than their $15,000 desktop system.

My comments aren't to suggest the Mojo 2's DSP functionality isn't terrific, it probably is. However, I do think Rob Watts is going to be laughing all the way to bank due to this coming phenomena.
Thanks for the reply. I believe that you are correct.

Personally, I like the Audeze DSP presets in Roon for my LCD-X phones the best, but not everyone who uses Roon prefers these presets for their Audeze cans. Many use other methods to EQ their Audeze headphones and prefer those methods over the built-in Roon DSP presets.

I'm not sure that Roon's DSP preset section is a huge selling point for Roon, but maybe it is. I know that Roon has been interested in making a DSP preset section in Roon for other headphone companies besides Audeze, but Audeze is the only one so far who has allowed Roon to make DSP presets for their headphones.

From what I have read, Roon has approached other companies besides Audeze for permission to add DSP presets to the Roon software, but companies have given Roon pushback partly because they did not want their cans tuned differently than how they were designed to sound in the stock form.

I used to be a no EQ kind of person, but I am slowly opening up to the idea of DSP. It seems to me that DSP has become increasingly more sophisticated and can potentially sound really good. At least, that has been my experience lately.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #1,976 of 11,002
Would any of you that have a Mojo 2 and a PS5 test it and see if it works? I know the chances are slim as the Mojo 1 did not work. I’d just like to know for sure. Half of my headphone use is gaming so it’s important to me. It would be much appreciated.
Hi, there is no digital output from the PS5 via USB, only HDMI, I thought I could plug my ifi hip dac into PS5 but it's a no go. It's only via TV optical that you can output to the Mojo 1/2 to hear PS5.

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #1,977 of 11,002
Would any of you that have a Mojo 2 and a PS5 test it and see if it works? I know the chances are slim as the Mojo 1 did not work. I’d just like to know for sure. Half of my headphone use is gaming so it’s important to me. It would be much appreciated.

Hi, there is no digital output from the PS5 via USB, only HDMI, I thought I could plug my ifi hip dac into PS5 but it's a no go. It's only via TV optical that you can output to the Mojo 1/2 to hear PS5.
I don't have a PS5, but if it has an HDMI output, wouldn't something like this work via optical?

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #1,978 of 11,002
Search the Chord threads for HDMI Splitter and you will find a few suggestions for similar boxes. They should solve the issue.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #1,979 of 11,002
There is via UAC 1. Several dacs support it. I use a Schiit Fulla E that does. The original Mojo did not. I was just hoping the Mojo 2 would work without a HDMI splitter.

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #1,980 of 11,002
It seems I listen to the first Mojo2 outside UK.
My first impression is : like the MOJO1, the 2 outputs of Mojo2 give not the same sound.
And the difference depends of the headphones’s impedance and the output level.
I prefer the output in front of the LED. It is more dynamic so the details are more audible.
So for comparaison Mojo1 versus Mojo2 be carefull with your comments relatif to the output you used.
Edit : My Mojo2 cames from Digithome in Belgium. two M2 still wait in the shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back