Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 3, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #1,951 of 11,001
Anyone thinks Mojo2 has a bit of treble bump around the 5-6k area? I will try to identify it more precisely later but too tired right now.

Also, you don't need to see it but here's the Mojo2 in diapers while waiting for a case 😁.

20220203_155730.jpg

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #1,952 of 11,001
Anyone thinks Mojo2 has a bit of treble bump around the 5-6k area? I will try to identify it more precisely later but too tired right now.

Also, you don't need to see it but here's the Mojo2 in diapers while waiting for a case 😁.

20220203_155730.jpg
What's that little device with the green leds, an external amp?

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #1,953 of 11,001
I'm debating b/w Mojo 2 + Poly or one of the new Sony DAPS being released next week (the successors to the WM1A / WM1Z).

I have experience only with mid tier daps like Fiio M11 pro/ Shanling m6 pro and first mojo release beat them with more holographic presentation and better timbre. The only downside is that mojo was unusable as a portable solution with phone. My wallet still finds hard time to justify poly price...maybe chinese will release some cheap alternative for it..and even if not I might just get mojo 2 and use it as a portable station, especially when I'm traveling somewhere. It is amazing with laptop and I rarely use DAP anyways..

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #1,954 of 11,001

20220203_155730.jpg
Oh nice blanket, warmed up device sound better ?

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #1,957 of 11,001
What's that little device with the green leds, an external amp?

That my friend is UAMP, a now defunct amp (no DAC) from Australia. I got it on Kickstarter in 2016 and it is a nice little amp. Battery powered and even has EQ! It was my first audio source upgrade ever. Way ahead of its time.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #1,960 of 11,001
As a music producer who works with alot of EQ's, I do hear it. Fine if you do not hear it, but that doesn't mean others don't.
I like to think music producers can hear all freqs or we are in trouble. Thanks for confirming.

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #1,961 of 11,001
First impressions after listening to a few songs using Sennheiser Momentum 2 is that the Mojo 2 is definitely an improvement to my ears. Much more clarity, feels musical and almost relaxed to my ears, less warm for sure but I'm good with the trade off. Will see what the DSP can do over the weekend, I'm impressed, Mojo 1 will be going up for sale...among those considering a Poly now as well
Aren’t the momentum 2 wireless?

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #1,962 of 11,001
Would any of you that have a Mojo 2 and a PS5 test it and see if it works? I know the chances are slim as the Mojo 1 did not work. I’d just like to know for sure. Half of my headphone use is gaming so it’s important to me. It would be much appreciated.

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #1,963 of 11,001
It would be good to have a consensus for which Mojo 2 DSP settings might be the best settings (eg. best frequency response) for the more popular headphones out there. I have the Senn HD 800 S, Focal Clear, and Audeze LCD-X cans. Perhaps in time, and with some experimentation, some good Mojo 2 DSP settings for these cans will be identified. I am already seeing some posts here with some suggestions for Mojo 2 DSP settings in different use cases, and this is nice.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #1,964 of 11,001
I'm debating b/w Mojo 2 + Poly or one of the new Sony DAPS being released next week (the successors to the WM1A / WM1Z).
Yup its a tough one. The wm1a and mojo were toe to toe imo, maybe a slight edge to Mojo (thats if you have wm1z firmware on your wm1a, once I did that I sold my mojo 1 for the wm1a/z). Vanilla, to my ears, the WM1a was no match for a Mojo.
It also depends who's house sound you prefer, they are very different. Sony DAPs have the benefit of huge battery life, Mojo is more versatile though

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #1,965 of 11,001
It would be good to have a consensus for which Mojo 2 DSP settings might be the best settings (eg. best frequency response) for the more popular headphones out there. I have the Senn HD 800 S, Focal Clear, and Audeze LCD-X cans. Perhaps in time, and with some experimentation, some good Mojo 2 DSP settings for these cans will be identified. I am already seeing some posts here with some suggestions for Mojo 2 DSP settings in different use cases, and this is nice.
What you are asking for is going to be "The Hook" that sells many many Mojo 2's.

I suspect in the near future there will be all kinds of DSP settings being shared for many headphones and IEM's. We will see posts claiming one specific DSP setup for headphone XYZ transforms it into something far beyond what it is. Soon there will be posts claiming certain Mojo 2 DSP settings for headphone ABC make it sound better than their $15,000 desktop system.

My comments aren't to suggest the Mojo 2's DSP functionality isn't terrific, it probably is. However, I do think Rob Watts is going to be laughing all the way to bank due to this coming phenomena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back