Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #1,383 of 10,527
If USB ports would matter there would be no iPhones, let's face it. If type-C is a must for you I bet that iFi and Fiio would be more than happy to take your money.
I dont think it's a case of being a must, I'll still buy Mojo 2.

But it's just so darn easy to have two charging inputs, and lets not deny it, USB-C is miiiiiles more convenient. In 2022 most of our devices are USB-C as are powerbanks with built in cables. Nobody will release micro USB products this side of 2020. It should be USB-C as well as micro USB for the poly.

Nothing wrong with as a consumer having a clear preference, and also some understanding of circuits to know that having two power inlets is not a feat of engineering...

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #1,384 of 10,527
Any idea of where to get a short usb c - lightning cable in Europe?

Apple's own is 1m and upwards. Would be nice with a shorter (and maybe cheap) cable to connect directly with the iPhone.

I know one can use Chord's own micro usb - usb a cable but that would have to be connected to the cck adapter.
You will need the apple adapter, because of an handshake chip implemented in it.
There will be no sound output with an normal ligthning usb c wire, even apples own wires need the adapter for audio output.
I once bougth one from fio, with an unofficial ship, it worked for a while, until apple made an ios update, now it´s garbadge.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #1,385 of 10,527
You need to understand one essential truth for me.

Musicality/sound quality comes first.
Musicality/sound quality comes second.
Musicality/sound quality comes third.
Musicality/sound quality comes fourth.
Musicality/sound quality comes fifth.
Musicality/sound quality comes sixth.
Everything else is next.

If musicality is not your number one priority, look elsewhere. You will be inundated with choice.

Fully understood, fully appreciated. The dedication to performance (in the intended use of the product) is the reason I own three Chord units.

But beware that this makes it sound like everything else about the product be damned. This is the "Mojo" - "Mobile Joy". At some point all the musicality/sound quality becomes not worth much if you ignore practicalities. They rightly shouldn't be your first, second, or third considerations, but they should be somewhere on the list... in the case of the Mojo, how do we make this easier for mobile use. In the case of the TT2, how do we make this not break down so darn much. And so on.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #1,386 of 10,527
Personally, I'm very happy that I'll be able to continue using this dual USB micro cable, which came in the Mojo accessory pack back in 2015. Still works like a gem. Thanks Chord for taking care of the old crew!

20220131_104733.jpg

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #1,387 of 10,527
Any idea of where to get a short usb c - lightning cable in Europe?

Apple's own is 1m and upwards. Would be nice with a shorter (and maybe cheap) cable to connect directly with the iPhone.

I know one can use Chord's own micro usb - usb a cable but that would have to be connected to the cck adapter.
I think that the Lotoo USB C - lightning cable should work (it's sold as an accessory for the S1 & S2 dongles). I have the S2 and no need for cck adapter (as intended).

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #1,388 of 10,527
I think that the Lotoo USB C - lightning cable should work (it's sold as an accessory for the S1 & S2 dongles). I have the S2 and no need for cck adapter (as intended).
I have the cable and works with the Fiio BTR5 and iPhone. The cable connection will depend on the mojo's performance and rejection of noise induced by 4G. If it is like the original then there is no point for a wired connection.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #1,395 of 10,527
I dont think it's a case of being a must, I'll still buy Mojo 2.

But it's just so darn easy to have two charging inputs, and lets not deny it, USB-C is miiiiiles more convenient. In 2022 most of our devices are USB-C as are powerbanks with built in cables. Nobody will release micro USB products this side of 2020. It should be USB-C as well as micro USB for the poly.

Nothing wrong with as a consumer having a clear preference, and also some understanding of circuits to know that having two power inlets is not a feat of engineering...
Is it so hard to let it go? You got the explanation from the product developer. Have a solution for Rob how to make that happen? Bring it on!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back