Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #1,171 of 10,527
Again, 20% of everything in the U.K. is VAT, not so in the U.S. So, when you are converting any U.S. prices, you need to multiply it by 1.2 on top of the conversion rate. Just because your governments literally tax their citizen to the death.

A totally separate note. Many people are taught that taxes are essential and good. It's essential of course, but many modern governments actually tax their citizen more than the middle age landlords. Many free citizens of the developed world literally pay more taxes than a peasant. When you consider every taxes you pay including VAT, many in Europe and U.K. pays more than 50% of every money they make in taxes.
Ok we pay more taxes, but in the middle ages there was no welfare state or public health services, so if peasants became ill or poor they had to beg for charity from the church, and probably die before aged 40.
If that is your ideology of a good lifestyle, then so be it.
Just don't expect intelligent humans to describe it as a good or idyllic lifestyle.

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #1,172 of 10,527
Ok we pay more taxes, but in the middle ages there was no welfare state or public health services, so if peasants became ill or poor they had to beg for charity from the church, and probably die before aged 40.
If that is your ideology of a good lifestyle, then so be it.
Just don't expect intelligent humans to describe it as a good or idyllic lifestyle.
My reference to the modern-day peasantry was meant to be humor. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #1,177 of 10,527
I’ve just got in from work. Here’s the summary at the bottom of the HFW review.
@Mike Foley thanks for sharing it with us.

On a side note: when will reviewers learn that lack of balanced connection isn't always a drawback, especially when considering Chord dac/amp architecture. Doesn't put a lot of confidence in reviewer IMHO.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #1,178 of 10,527
@Mike Foley thanks for sharing it with us.

On a side note: when will reviewers learn that lack of balanced connection isn't always a drawback, especially when considering Chord dac/amp architecture. Doesn't put a lot of confidence in reviewer IMHO.
It seems like nowadays everything has to be balanced otherwise it’s not worth considering.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #1,181 of 10,527
That was my reaction too. Some “reviewers” measure against a “what’s hip” list instead of thinking much about what makes for a great listening experience. I bet the review knocks the Mojo 2 for not supporting MQA. I see that as a plus.

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #1,182 of 10,527
I can’t tell you how many times frustration with Poly had me nearly ready to purchase an iBasso DX300. How do you feel its sound quality compares to Poly/Mojo?
Different dap, but i have a wm1a. The poly crushes it in SQ.
BUT if you put the wm1z firmware on the wm1a…reverse that. The wm1a with the firmware (which makes it a wm1z in all but name, really) is better than a mojo/poly to my ear. No doubt about it. Plus it has 20h battery life, and can stream from a phone via bluetooth in a touch of a button.

Its just a much better device than the mojo/poly in every metric if portable use is the goal imo

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #1,183 of 10,527
Different dap, but i have a wm1a. The poly crushes it in SQ.
BUT if you put the wm1z firmware on the wm1a…reverse that. The wm1a with the firmware (which makes it a wm1z in all but name, really) is better than a mojo/poly to my ear. No doubt about it. Plus it has 20h battery life, and can stream from a phone via bluetooth in a touch of a button.

Its just a much better device than the mojo/poly in every metric if portable use is the goal imo
I also went the DAP route and don't miss the mojo at all. Started with a fiio m11 pro and then got an M11 plus. It's nice to have an all in one solution with good sound quality.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #1,184 of 10,527
I already paid for my Mojo 2. Surprised by the early promotion. Got it for a good price. Don't know if we can discuss prices here since I'm new to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back