Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #1,127 of 10,527
I'm not so sure, what makes you say that?
There's a lot more competitors since Mojo launched, and the landscape has changed. Without bluetooth I think it's not a particularly useful device to be honest, at least until the poly is fixed. Too limited.

People can just grab a DAP that sounds superb, has storage, bluetooth, etc, more battery life than the Mojo, and weighing about the same...
I am sure the sound has improved a lot compared to the Mojo. Maybe some features are missing but mostly people will focus on the sound and sound alone.
To be honest I would love to see a no battery product from Chord Electronics, something small like a dongle but powerful.

Jan 28, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #1,128 of 10,527
A Poly 2 while it sounds good on paper will do nothing to fix poly 1's issues which were/are mainly firmware based. Chord are not a software company and should have thought the risks through a bit more, before starting development of Poly.

The concept behind Poly and 2Go are excellent, they just need finishing properly and also require extra F/W features adding that customers are crying out for.

If Chord were ever to open source the code base for Poly/2Go the products could be finally ready for consumers, this will never happen though.

I’ve asked before if there could be a way to implement controlling the music via the app instead of using DLNA through a software update. Chord said it was not possible. So yeah, a Poly 2 would be great. Turn it on, open the Chord app and use it just like a DAP. That would be the dream!

Jan 28, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #1,129 of 10,527
From avcat.jp

Uncategorized

Chord Electronics
Mojo2
Black Finish Only
Price: £ 449 (UK)

About 7 years after Chord Electronics created the portable headphone / DAC amplifier "Mojo", the new "Mojo 2" is released.

UHD DSP
・ Advanced DSP allows integrated tone adjustment over all frequency bands
・ UHD DSP technology operates at 705 / 768KHz
・ Uses 104bit and extended internal noise modulation
・ UHD DSP provides bass and medium The entire frequency band can be adjusted in 18 steps for each frequency band of bass, bass, and treble.

-The volume adjustment range has also been improved from + 18dB to -108dB. It has two types of operating ranges, low volume and high volume.
・ It is equipped with a new cross-feed mode with 4 settings controlled by DSP, realizing a space effect for listening like a headphone speaker.

・ Introduced a menu system
Equipped with a mute function, 4-step customization function, travel button lock function, tone control function, etc.

・ Digital input
USB-C input has been newly installed to increase the number to 4 systems, enabling more flexible support.
USB-C, optical, coaxial (including dual data for M scaler), and Micro USB installed.
3.5mm mini jack headphone output There are two systems, and up to two people can listen to music at the same time.

-Charging system
New FPGA-based charging system greatly improves battery management
This technology significantly improves charging speed, reduces power loss by 75%, and enables more efficient charging.
Increased capacity by 9%, improved performance and improved battery life to over 8 hours

-The "Intelligent Desktop Mode" technology has also been improved to support batteryless operation by redesigning the battery isolation and power supply.

・ Improved WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filter to achieve 40,960 taps (technical indicator of interference filter complexity) using 40 DSP cores.

・ Improved noise modulator improves depth and detail, and improved 4e pulse array DAC reduces distortion and out-of-band noise.
・ Abolishes coupling capacitors to achieve higher neutrality.

・ Mojo 2 is designed and manufactured in the UK. Uses a high-quality aluminum housing with a black finish that has been sandblasted.

Mojo 2 is fully compatible with Poly Streamer / Server, allowing you to store and play up to 2TB of solid libraries when using high resolution streaming and microSD card slots.
https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/ip_docs/pru_files/v-uhdsdi-audio.html

On this document, UHD DSP seems to be relatif to only Ultrascale FPGA But it seems usable with Artix 7 too.

With Gofigure could we change the coefficients in the UHD DSP for equalisation with one interface USB of the Mojo2 or across the Poly?
40 years later, maybe I will restart to use an equalizer.

Jan 28, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #1,131 of 10,527
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,133 of 10,527
i don´t understand. chord not officially released mojo 2 and we have review pre-order and price??

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #1,134 of 10,527
Jan 28, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #1,135 of 10,527
My prediction is that the Mojo 2 will be significantly better sounding than similar priced competition and other brands will be working for years to catch up, similar to the situation with the original Mojo. In this scenario I think the large disparity in sound quality will be enough for Mojo 2 to differentiate itself and be successful in the market… but only the reviews will tell for certain I guess.
Yes, for the 10% of the 1%

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #1,136 of 10,527
i don´t understand. chord not officially released mojo 2 and we have review pre-order and price??
No retailer will say no to your money although no pricing is official yet. I phoned in to my dealer and paid a deposit to reserve for day 1 dispatch 🤞🏽

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,138 of 10,527
No retailer will say no to your money although no pricing is official yet. I phoned in to my dealer and paid a deposit to reserve for day 1 dispatch 🤞🏽
ok. but in the chord site nothing and online store presents pictures and description???

Jan 28, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,139 of 10,527
Many in the target market don’t care about Bluetooth and other functionality which ultimately leads to inferior sound quality (myself included). These consumers prioritise the best sound quality above all else and these consumers are the ones that mojo 2 will likely cater for.
The part of the market that is willing to accept not having bluetooth is small and shrinking.

I am in the market for a headphone DAC pretty much right now which will mostly be used wired but sometimes OTG. I'd have pre-order a Mojo 2 with BT straightaway and waited but am now leaning towards the Gryphon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back