Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #1,096 of 10,527
Well, we got USB-C. That's a big one. Also have Desktop mode which is big.

40000 vs 27000 taps for Mojo OG. That's an improvement.

I guess "M" means desktop mode.

This is slightly better than Mojo OG.
No- compatibility with a MScaler.

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #1,097 of 10,527
Well, we got USB-C. That's a big one. Also have Desktop mode which is big.

40000 vs 27000 taps for Mojo OG. That's an improvement.

I guess "M" means desktop mode.

This is slightly better than Mojo OG.

OG Mojo had 38,000 taps. However they ran at half speed so effectively 19,000 taps.

Will be curious to learn what speed the Mojo 2 taps run at. If it is 40,000 at full speed it should sound excellent.

Scary to think it could be full speed at 40,000 taps, since it's very close to Hugo 2. There is considerably more to Chord DACs than just taps though, as John and Rob frequently tell us.

No need to double check any other equipment, they had me at 75% battery improvement.

Coax still working so my dear xduoo 05bl still working. Ladies and gentlemen (mainly gentlemen in this forum TBH) we got mojo2, and i cant be happier with it. It SOUNDS promising.

75% less power loss. Not 75% more battery life. The script above listed it as over 8 hours.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #1,098 of 10,527
Is this bigger and heavier that og?
Usb micro is simply unforgivable.
If i have a few great daps why do i need this?
To have annoying lights in the dark🤪
Micro-usb is there for Poly compatibility.

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #1,099 of 10,527
No Bluetooth is a problem for a lot of potential buyers. Yes it’s going to be worse than wired, but there are always times when convenience wins out.

Above a certain level it’s kind of pointless to prioritise SQ over convenience for a commute. Background noise is a constant and how much difference does an incremental improvement make while you run over points or hear ‘See it, Say it…’ in the background?

Keeping BT off costs sales. Yes, there’s a purist argument that BT isn’t as good but saying ‘Add a Poly’ at £500 means taking the Mojo out of financial reach fo many and adding loads of bulk, not to mention complexity. Poly is absolutely the opposite of convenience.

Surely a package/kit at a £50-ish premium that included a single function BT adapter would make sense? Chord could still upsell to Poly and generate thousands of extra Mojo sales!

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #1,100 of 10,527

I think it will be more than £449.

Chord recently upped all their prices to start with. Plus they usually charge a premuim for their upgraded new model. What with inflation too, and Chord's previous Brexit tax.

Damn if it is £449 though.

Moon Audio had it listed at $749 I think. Converted to British pounds that about £550.

However USA prices in dollars are generally numerically equal to British pounds. Meaning $749 = £749. It equates that way because USA prices have to factor in tax. That bump in price for tax usually equates like I said above.

£749 is a lot of money for a portable DAC though. Add Poly and you're walking about with £1,200. Plus cost of phone to operate it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #1,101 of 10,527
Living in the UK I actually like the way Chord price their stuff, its a UK company looking after its UK customers as far as prices are concerned.

iFi on the other hand its 599 in all currencies. $599 is around £450 so we pay a lot more for the Gryphon than other regions, despite iFi claiming to be a UK company.
I couldn't agree more. For me pricing from companies like Ifi is a reason not buying their products.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #1,102 of 10,527
Despite all my previous jokes in this thread, the Mojo 2 is probably the only piece of new gear I'll buy this year. I was sold on desktop mode.

There's more than enough devices out there with Bluetooth, the 2 not having it really isn't a negative. You think they'd keep those stoopid micro USB ports for compatibility with the Poly if they were going to put wireless connectivity in the new Mojo?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #1,103 of 10,527
It’s really disappointing. If Chord is capable to insert a type c for data transfer, why not just one more for charging. Then you can satisfy us

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #1,105 of 10,527
It would be interesting to compare the Mojo with the Gryphon. Ifi has more features like BT, you need to add the Poly to the Mojo and that makes it a more expensive offer.

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #1,107 of 10,527
It would be interesting to compare the Mojo with the Gryphon. Ifi has more features like BT, you need to add the Poly to the Mojo and that makes it a more expensive offer.
If a Mojo 2 owner wants Bluetooth then there are DAP's around that will take a Bluetooth input and output it over USB to a DAC. Yes its another device to have to charge and carry around but these can be obtained for a lot less then the Poly.

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #1,108 of 10,527
Poly’s garbage. Worst part of this Mojo 2 launch is knowing they won’t make a Poly 2. Or so ir seems.

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #1,109 of 10,527
Poly’s garbage. Worst part of this Mojo 2 launch is knowing they won’t make a Poly 2. Or so ir seems.
I don’t have Poly but from what I heard they fixed lot of issues with the software update?

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #1,110 of 10,527
A Poly 2 while it sounds good on paper will do nothing to fix poly 1's issues which were/are mainly firmware based. Chord are not a software company and should have thought the risks through a bit more, before starting development of Poly.

The concept behind Poly and 2Go are excellent, they just need finishing properly and also require extra F/W features adding that customers are crying out for.

If Chord were ever to open source the code base for Poly/2Go the products could be finally ready for consumers, this will never happen though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back