Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 10, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #10,576 of 10,833
Hi Guys!

My source is a gaming PC, I have an optical cable (nothing extraordinary, it is a Hama Fibre Optical), and an iPower X. Which cable should I use for most optimal listening experience with the Mojo 2? Optical or USB? Should I use a Samsung phone charger (5v/2a) or the iPower X (5v/3a) for most optimal listening experience, if I would like to use the Mojo 2 in desktop mode)?

Thank you in advance!
Lots of variables makes it tough/impossible to know in advance. Since it sounds like you have all the necessary cables and gear, just try those various combinations yourself and let us know your results.

If it matters, I also run my Mojo 2 off of a gaming/media PC. I use USB, but I have an Intona isolator between the PC and the Mojo 2. Both the isolator and the Mojo 2 also have their own LPS.

May 11, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #10,578 of 10,833
Lots of variables makes it tough/impossible to know in advance. Since it sounds like you have all the necessary cables and gear, just try those various combinations yourself and let us know your results.

If it matters, I also run my Mojo 2 off of a gaming/media PC. I use USB, but I have an Intona isolator between the PC and the Mojo 2. Both the isolator and the Mojo 2 also have their own LPS.
Using the iPowerX + USB combo seems to provide good, audibly clean result, which is strange, knowing the Mojo 2 can show some noise when connected directly to PC according to measurements. I'll keep on using it like this, and see if I'll get any ear fatigue after long listening sessions.

May 11, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #10,579 of 10,833
But in musicality terms, if you were on an island purely listening to music. Would you prefer the Hugo 2 Sig or the mojo 2. In pure musical terms, technically achievements come second. The 'my foot won't stop tapping ' feeling.
To me portable is a compromise anyway. Neither can compete with May and Bliss. To me personally portable is about best possible SQ in a package that I will actually use in everyday life. H2 was too much of a hassle, so I didn't use it enough to keep it. Mojo 2 gets much more listening time.

I've never compared h2 and m2 next to each other so it's hard to say which one I would prefer purely sound wise in the end. They both make my foot tap and that's what Chord products do well in general (to me) and I enjoy both. If I would have to pick only one dac to the island and it would need to be one of those, my gut says that it would be Hugo 2. But if I could pick any dac, it would be neither.

May 11, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #10,580 of 10,833
Lol. What would you choose then?
I'd get the Hugo 2 over the mojo 2. But don't want to spend that much money. Just undecided with mojo 2 or OG Hugo. Similar prices.

May 11, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #10,581 of 10,833
Lol. What would you choose then?
I'd get the Hugo 2 over the mojo 2. But don't want to spend that much money. Just undecided with mojo 2 or OG Hugo. Similar prices.
Having owned both at the same time, the Mojo 2 is significantly better. More detailed, more options for tuning. Also an OG Hugo is going to have such an old battery by now that you'll have to replace it much sooner.

May 11, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #10,582 of 10,833
Using the iPowerX + USB combo seems to provide good, audibly clean result, which is strange, knowing the Mojo 2 can show some noise when connected directly to PC according to measurements. I'll keep on using it like this, and see if I'll get any ear fatigue after long listening sessions.
Got ear fatigue with the iPowerX + USB combo. Did some more testing, and by far I got the best results, when I used the optical cable, and the samsung mobile charger. Strange, but i'll take it, the Mojo 2 sounds really organic and 3D like with this setup. :)

May 11, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #10,583 of 10,833
I have the mojo 2 from a few days and, maybe is a placebo effect, but even the sound of the grado rs2x, that to my ears sound "aggressive" with cheaper electronics, are less fatiguing. Is this the stigma of the chord signature?
My favourite pairing with Mojo2 is a 0G Grado RS1. It just makes magic happen.

May 11, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #10,584 of 10,833
Having owned both at the same time, the Mojo 2 is significantly better. More detailed, more options for tuning. Also an OG Hugo is going to have such an old battery by now that you'll have to replace it much sooner.
Yeah I had seen the battery on a few second hand ones were not the best. But also what you're saying about the sound comparison, mojo 2 seems to be coming up top choice

May 11, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #10,585 of 10,833
Got ear fatigue with the iPowerX + USB combo. Did some more testing, and by far I got the best results, when I used the optical cable, and the samsung mobile charger. Strange, but i'll take it, the Mojo 2 sounds really organic and 3D like with this setup. :)
Audio gear "synergy" is indeed strange (or maybe just "complicated"). Always best to trust your ears more than other people's opinions!

May 11, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #10,586 of 10,833
I have the mojo 2 from a few days and, maybe is a placebo effect, but even the sound of the grado rs2x, that to my ears sound "aggressive" with cheaper electronics, are less fatiguing. Is this the stigma of the chord signature?
I've read reviews that the mojo as really smooth. I've not listened to one yet, but I'm going to buy one soon

May 11, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #10,587 of 10,833
My experience with chord is, everything is extremely smooth without ever loosinf detail. I am doubting to get a mojo2 for mobile listening. My first experience was borrowing a chord tt2+ mscaler for a few days, after that I had to buy them!

But I heared the same smoothness in hugo1 and hugo2, qutest it is the typical chord sound.

May 11, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #10,589 of 10,833
Just noticed (after couple of hours) I had plugged in the charger to the audio micro-usb port, can it potentially damage the Mojo 2 or there is some built in protection to mitigate such scenarios.
Build in protection for continuous charging, I read several times in reviews.

But my own opinion is with any device, not in use for a longer period, just unplug it (protection or not)

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #10,590 of 10,833
Build in protection for continuous charging, I read several times in reviews.

But my own opinion is with any device, not in use for a longer period, just unplug it (protection or not)
There is no need to unplug it, it's designed to be in desktop mode. Been discussed 100s of times in here, plenty of people believe it can't be right we've always unplugged battery's etc etc, well not this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back