Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #10,352 of 10,700
OK it only worked 45 min.

Here is the noise I am talking about.

That sounds like a loose connection or bad cable (intermittent static), not pink noise. I'd try different cables both to the headphone and to your source. And in the video, it looks like you've still got a couple of millimeters of insertion left on the 3.5mm jack. Give it a solid push to make sure it's fully seated.

Once you rule those out, I'd look into a repair/replacement for the Mojo 2.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #10,355 of 10,700
This morning it is working now (focal listen)

I guess it does not like getting warm.

To me one channel of amplifier is weak/damaged...
Sounds similar to the noise my first M2 made, it burnt out a sensitive IEM, be careful. Personally I think its a minor flaw in the design as Mojo 2 has DC Coupling there is potential for DC to get into the transducer and they really don't like that.

As mine was brand new out of the box the dealer gave me a refund as I decided to not get another at the time, it was a few weeks after release and I decide to see if Chord had a bigger issue with the design plus I didn't have many more sets of IEM's that I could afford to lose.

My now just over one year old Mojo 2 has been fine so far.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #10,356 of 10,700
Thanks for your reply.

Now it starts to make noise. I hope it has not damaged my neumann, it would be a pain in the xxx....

This mojo2 has design flows from what I can see on different reports. The outdated USB ports should have caught my attention.
I will sell the stuff when I get it back from dealer. I would prefer a refund.

Regards Greg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #10,358 of 10,700
Hey guys I've got a question. What are some good amps that would pair well with the mojo2. I currently am using the mojo2 as my only device on desktop. However I will soon be adding a Diana MR and/or ZMF Caldera as my headphone, and while I am sure they can be driven by the mojo2, I would like to add something else with 4.4(mostly for convenience) my iems(Annihilator 23, U12T and IE600) they all have 4.4 cables and would like to use them with no adapters. I also considered a DAP, but have never had one(my iPod classic is the closest to that) and it would probably be hard to beat the mojo2 specially with my budget of 200-1000, right? Plus using the mojo2 as a dad plus an amp with 4.4 would probably the best solution of my desktop needs.

Apr 12, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #10,359 of 10,700
Hey guys I've got a question. What are some good amps that would pair well with the mojo2. I currently am using the mojo2 as my only device on desktop. However I will soon be adding a Diana MR and/or ZMF Caldera as my headphone, and while I am sure they can be driven by the mojo2, I would like to add something else with 4.4(mostly for convenience) my iems(Annihilator 23, U12T and IE600) they all have 4.4 cables and would like to use them with no adapters. I also considered a DAP, but have never had one(my iPod classic is the closest to that) and it would probably be hard to beat the mojo2 specially with my budget of 200-1000, right? Plus using the mojo2 as a dad plus an amp with 4.4 would probably the best solution of my desktop needs.

For this very reason, I stay single-ended. That being said, it sounds like you need an amp that can:
1. Power planars
2. Power IEMs
3. Convert single-ended in to balanced out

Assuming budget is not an issue - I've read good things about violectric amps, though I don't know if they're quiet enough for you. I also haven't tried 'em. I did have a Topping A90, but I honestly feel that they don't do justice to a TOTL headphone like the Caldera (which I also own).

I use the Mojo 2 as a DAC, and it feeds a Schiit Nitsch Pietus Maximus via single-ended. I upsample as well. The NITSCH has a -10db gain mode, so I can use the few IEMs I have with no issues whatsoever without compromising on SNR (ie, I can turn the volume up higher on the Mojo 2, get higher SNR out of the DAC, and then attenuate on the amp using the volume there plus the -10db gain). I'm extremely happy with my setup. For my IEMs that have a balanced cable, I use a 4.4mm pentacon to single ended headphone adapter.

Apr 12, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #10,360 of 10,700
For this very reason, I stay single-ended. That being said, it sounds like you need an amp that can:
1. Power planars
2. Power IEMs
3. Convert single-ended in to balanced out

Assuming budget is not an issue - I've read good things about violectric amps, though I don't know if they're quiet enough for you. I also haven't tried 'em. I did have a Topping A90, but I honestly feel that they don't do justice to a TOTL headphone like the Caldera (which I also own).

I use the Mojo 2 as a DAC, and it feeds a Schiit Nitsch Pietus Maximus via single-ended. I upsample as well. The NITSCH has a -10db gain mode, so I can use the few IEMs I have with no issues whatsoever without compromising on SNR (ie, I can turn the volume up higher on the Mojo 2, get higher SNR out of the DAC, and then attenuate on the amp using the volume there plus the -10db gain). I'm extremely happy with my setup. For my IEMs that have a balanced cable, I use a 4.4mm pentacon to single ended headphone adapter.
You got it right, that is exactly what I am looking for. I also considered the A90, but that Schiit Nitsch Pietus Maximus sounds like a great option something that might work for me aswell. I will look into it. By the way, which balanced to SE do you use?

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #10,361 of 10,700
You got it right, that is exactly what I am looking for. I also considered the A90, but that Schiit Nitsch Pietus Maximus sounds like a great option something that might work for me aswell. I will look into it. By the way, which balanced to SE do you use?

Just the adapter I got with my TS-316 IEM. I don't think it's anything fancy, though the cable seems to be of high enough quality.

I plug my Pietus Maximus into a Bluetti AC 180 battery / inverter combo. I get zero noise floor (so long as the Mojo 2 isn't charging - then I can hear some hiss).

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #10,363 of 10,700
Can anyone share preferred settings to EQ Mojo 2 sound closer to Mojo 1? Looking to pick up an M2 after many years away from audio, and much as I’m looking forward to the upgrade, it would be nice to revisit the signature of the OG I have such fond memories of. Thanks!
I think Rob says exactly how to do it in the short podcast he did with Darko.

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #10,365 of 10,700
Wow, the DSP is impressive! I’ve been using Roon for EQ but spatial cues etc have suffered as soon as I do any kind of processing. Not with the Mojo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back