Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 24, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #9,196 of 11,277
ddHifi for shorter cables (<1 foot) or lightning cables for longer runs. I'm using an amazon basics lightning cable currently. I've never had white noise issues with Mojo 2 using the above. I use the mojo 2 on MacOS, android, and iOS. No issues.
Thanks for your answer. What about on longer runs for android?Any brand or type or whtever? 😳

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #9,197 of 11,277
Thanks for your answer. What about on longer runs for android?Any brand or type or whtever? 😳
I used cables from Anker, the powerline series. They are flexible and tight connection for me. No noise, but I also didn't experience noise with other USB C cables with my pixel 7 as well.

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #9,198 of 11,277
Thunderbolt cables. Again, Amazon basics works well.

The Thunderbolt cables are built to higher specs than usb c. Way overkill for all audio, but reliable and not expensive.

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #9,201 of 11,277
Thanks mate and the cables you are using are how long? 1meter 2 meters?
1 meter mostly. 2 meter non issue with Thunderbolt as well.

Nov 24, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #9,202 of 11,277
Both ios and android when i change Ugreen cables it sounds ok, but i want to make sure if its because of Ugreen brand or i am in bad luck because they are very good cables othervise, any brands good with audio especially?
I've had no problems with a stock Sony USB-C charging cable. It may sound controversial on this forum, but I think getting a bit perfect signal from your mobile is more important to Mojo 2 than an expensive audiophile cable. As far as reliable connection (which sounds like the problem you want to fix) I have found VELD or Cygnett cables to be robust and very reliable.

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #9,203 of 11,277
I've had no problems with a stock Sony USB-C charging cable. It may sound controversial on this forum, but I think getting a bit perfect signal from your mobile is more important to Mojo 2 than an expensive audiophile cable. As far as reliable connection (which sounds like the problem you want to fix) I have found VELD or Cygnett cables to be robust and very reliable.
Thanks mate, yeah my problem is the reliablitiy of the connection since i have static and terrible hiss that i have to take out headphones😱

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #9,204 of 11,277
I've had no problems with a stock Sony USB-C charging cable. It may sound controversial on this forum, but I think getting a bit perfect signal from your mobile is more important to Mojo 2 than an expensive audiophile cable. As far as reliable connection (which sounds like the problem you want to fix) I have found VELD or Cygnett cables to be robust and very
1 meter mostly. 2 meter non issue with Thunderbolt as well.
What do you think about this one:https://amzn.eu/d/36c4ZU2 Is this the thunderbolt you meant?

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #9,206 of 11,277
https://amzn.eu/d/36c4ZU2 Is this the thunderbolt you meant?

No. It was a white amazon basics branded thunderbolt 3 cable. It appears to be discontinued.

Since thunderbolt is a pretty high standard, the one you linked should work. I'm sure amazon went with the lowest OEM bid for the cable I bought.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #9,207 of 11,277
Indeed. My cable, undoubtedly good and perfectly adequate, is a little stiff and can detach itself from Mojo 2 if I have to move the laptop. Thin and flexible is probably better. They all work decently anyway.

20230811-085431.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #9,208 of 11,277
No. It was a white amazon basics branded thunderbolt 3 cable. It appears to be discontinued.

Since thunderbolt is a pretty high standard, the one you linked should work. I'm sure amazon went with the lowest OEM bid for the cable I bought.
Thanks mate i bought it and it has been working flawlessly as you have said👍Since i found an expert do you have best eq settings for mojo2 to use it with focal celestee? Thanks in advance...

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #9,209 of 11,277
Got a Poly today. I am considering buying a Chord case for them so that I can occasionally take them out without worrying breaking the connectors.

However, about 80% of time I would use them on my desk. I noticed that they could become quite warm sometimes, not hot to touch yet. Is the case possibly going to cause more heating? Will the heat be bad for electronics?

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #9,210 of 11,277
Got a Poly today. I am considering buying a Chord case for them so that I can occasionally take them out without worrying breaking the connectors.

However, about 80% of time I would use them on my desk. I noticed that they could become quite warm sometimes, not hot to touch yet. Is the case possibly going to cause more heating? Will the heat be bad for electronics?
Don't worry about heat, they don't get that warm and nothing to fear about the electronics.
I think that the case that engulfs both of them is a must because it is very easy to accidentally break the connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back