Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 16, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #9,166 of 11,010
Yes you can

i believe if the two are connected together and are on the charger the poly is the priority of the charging.
Not sure though if that means the poly has to be 95-100% before the mojo 2 starts getting charged up.

if they both need a charge, as i don’t keep the m2 on a charger, I do charge them separarely.
It does not take too long at all for the poly to get to a decent charge level if it is bad need of a charge.
Thanks for the info. I just had reservations as I’d heard the Poly looses its charge in about a week even when not in use. As an occasional user this was a bit of a concern. But if I can listen while charging at least I’d have a work around.

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #9,167 of 11,010
Thanks for the info. I just had reservations as I’d heard the Poly looses its charge in about a week even when not in use. As an occasional user this was a bit of a concern. But if I can listen while charging at least I’d have a work around.
Poly is always active so it looses charge over time.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #9,169 of 11,010
Nov 16, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #9,170 of 11,010

Attachments

• IMG_6672.png
    IMG_6672.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 16, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #9,171 of 11,010
That is true to turn Poly off, however Poly is still active and its battery will drain over a period of time, see notice 2

That is the case. However, my Poly is a few years older than my Mojo2, and from both having a full charge, Poly always outlasts my Mojo2. I typically get 7 hours of constant listening time if Mojo2/Poly are playing from battery.

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #9,172 of 11,010
Nov 16, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #9,173 of 11,010
Poly is always active so it looses charge over time.

That is true to turn Poly off, however Poly is still active and its battery will drain over a period of time, see notice 2
I thought that if the Poly was physically separated from the Mojo there is no battery drain. Is that not true??

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #9,175 of 11,010
I thought that if the Poly was physically separated from the Mojo there is no battery drain. Is that not true??
Check the second Notice from the screenshot, above. It states that Poly's microprocessor remains active even when the device is switched off. This causes the battery to slowly empty over time.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #9,176 of 11,010
Yes, the Poly is always slightly awake and consuming battery, unless the battery is so low that the Poly switches off completely.
The rationale is simple - Poly always needs to be awake enough to 'listen' for bluetooth or wifi requests to reconnect to a phone/music streamer etc.

No denying that this ensures that owners (myself included) can get frustrated if they want to use Poly but discover that the battery is flat.
For some owners this represents a total showstopper, and a reason to sell the Poly.

I regard this as just a minor frustration. From a design point of view, the alternative to having the Poly awake all the time, is for Chord to have included an on/off switch, which would have disrupted the minimalist design of the outer case.

In conclusion, Poly will gradually lose charge, but only you can decide whether this is a showstopper.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #9,177 of 11,010
Yes, the Poly is always slightly awake and consuming battery, unless the battery is so low that the Poly switches off completely.
The rationale is simple - Poly always needs to be awake enough to 'listen' for bluetooth or wifi requests to reconnect to a phone/music streamer etc.

No denying that this ensures that owners (myself included) can get frustrated if they want to use Poly but discover that the battery is flat.
For some owners this represents a total showstopper, and a reason to sell the Poly.

I regard this as just a minor frustration. From a design point of view, the alternative to having the Poly awake all the time, is for Chord to have included an on/off switch, which would have disrupted the minimalist design of the outer case.

In conclusion, Poly will gradually lose charge, but only you can decide whether this is a showstopper.
I think with the last firmware even the LED is now off after Mojo is turned off so there is even less drain in “off” mode for the Poly.

Nov 16, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #9,178 of 11,010
I think with the last firmware even the LED is now off after Mojo is turned off so there is even less drain in “off” mode for the Poly.
Maybe, but the final decision must always reside with the potential customer.
We all give our advice/opinions in good faith, but only the potential customer can decide whether they agree with our views/opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back