Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Oct 28, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #9,121 of 10,561
Hey - well enough in my experience, as in your chosen EQ setting will come through as expected. None of the amps I've used it with (all the ones in my sig and a couple of others I've now sold) seemed to hide the EQ effect - although admittedly some of the amps also imparted their own flavour on the sound, whether EQ'd or not.
Thanks, I plan to buy a Cayin IHA-6 but can't exactly test it with Mojo 2. I very much like the EQ.

Oct 28, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #9,122 of 10,561
Thanks, I plan to buy a Cayin IHA-6 but can't exactly test it with Mojo 2. I very much like the EQ.
Have not heard this one but as it's solid state and from what I can gather online fairly neutral and transparent, I don't foresee any issue with an EQ'd Mojo2. Should be a good pairing as it seems a very competent amp. Happy listening once you get it!

What headphones are you planning to use it with, out of curiosity?

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #9,123 of 10,561
Hi there.

It’s a 90 degree cable from IFI.
Not sure they still do them ?
Absolutely bomb proof.
No white noise no cut outs just works.

You could try the Fiio LT1 cable as well had no problems with that either.
Thanks for the info. I picked up the IFI cable, it works but was too bulky with a phone case on. I really wanted an angled cable so I picked up the Woo Audio one and it works great. I’ll be keeping the IFI cable, though. Quality is great.

Attachments

• _DSC6035.jpeg
    _DSC6035.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 0
  • _DSC6031.jpeg
    _DSC6031.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 0
  • _DSC6030.jpeg
    _DSC6030.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 28, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #9,124 of 10,561
Not tried these, but sceptical about the quality of the output :thinking:
Same. I figured digital is mostly digital, but then they talk of DACs. Unclear if that’s just bad marketing, or they’re optional for analog out in the case of the mini toslink. The form factors were attractive though.

Oct 29, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #9,125 of 10,561
Have not heard this one but as it's solid state and from what I can gather online fairly neutral and transparent, I don't foresee any issue with an EQ'd Mojo2. Should be a good pairing as it seems a very competent amp. Happy listening once you get it!

What headphones are you planning to use it with, out of curiosity?
Yea, thanks for the response. I have a ZMF Caldera with which Mojo 2 is beautiful indeed but I want to see if I can take its sound a step further without losing the EQ and also without spending too much.

Oct 29, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #9,126 of 10,561
Nov 3, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #9,127 of 10,561
Great Balls of Fire ☄️I’m enjoying the Chord Mojo 2 with Dan Clark Aeon 2 cabled with Moon Audio headphone cable! I’ll also be using the Mojo2 with the Sennheiser IE 600 when I need to travel a bit lighter. Now do I need a Poly?
I realized some time ago that with the Aeon 2 Closed (with perforated pads), the Mojo 2 offered better dynamics than my other amps (Lyr 3, Vali 2+ and Monolith THX 789). It has way less power than the other amps, but the dynamics, man... There is a huge improvement when using only the Mojo 2. I sure didn't expect that.

Nov 4, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #9,128 of 10,561
I realized some time ago that with the Aeon 2 Closed (with perforated pads), the Mojo 2 offered better dynamics than my other amps (Lyr 3, Vali 2+ and Monolith THX 789). It has way less power than the other amps, but the dynamics, man... There is a huge improvement when using only the Mojo 2. I sure didn't expect that.
^this. It’s my daily setup for listening every morning.

Nov 4, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #9,129 of 10,561
I just ordered the perforated pads. I can't wait to try them out. Thanks for the "sound" advice! :darthsmile:

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #9,130 of 10,561
I just ordered the perforated pads. I can't wait to try them out. Thanks for the "sound" advice! :darthsmile:
Perforated pads even on the OG Aeon Flow Open make them sound like a different headphone ... excellent !

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #9,131 of 10,561
Perforated pads even on the OG Aeon Flow Open make them sound like a different headphone ... excellent !
I've been on such a headphone adventure of late, and I'm enjoying the great advice I get on these forums! I'll be doing a Ying and Yang comparison this morning listening to both open and closed headphones (Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noir & Grado Hemp).

I've got a Grado RS1x on the way. I don't think I'd ever would have been brave enough to explore all the headphone possibilities without
Head-Fi.org!

If the recommended perforated Aeon pads open up the sound just a tad I'll be thrilled.

Nov 5, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #9,132 of 10,561
I've been on such a headphone adventure of late, and I'm enjoying the great advice I get on these forums! I'll be doing a Ying and Yang comparison this morning listening to both open and closed headphones (Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noir & Grado Hemp).

I've got a Grado RS1x on the way. I don't think I'd ever would have been brave enough to explore all the headphone possibilities without
Head-Fi.org!

If the recommended perforated Aeon pads open up the sound just a tad I'll be thrilled.
Try Hifiman HE1000se. You will hear the full capabilities of Mojo2 and all shortcomings of your tracks, too 🙂

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #9,134 of 10,561
For my holiday travels I used to take a backpack for a Naim Atom HE… I tried Chord H2 etc but preferred the bass of the HE.

Well, the better half questioned the use of car space (unreasonably I thought), so for the quest of an easier life I took a punt on the Mojo 2.

I’m just finishing a week away and I have to say I’ve really enjoyed using it with my iPad Pro TB3 cable & Meze Elite. It has performed amazingly well. It punches so far above its price point it’s silly!

Yes I still miss my tube amps (that would really test her patience 😂) but man… well done Chord! Can’t believe something that small can perform so well!

Nov 9, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #9,135 of 10,561
Could someone recommend a nice 3,5 to RCA Cable for the Chord Mojo 2 into an Headphone Amp?Thought about an Mogami Cable like the 2549 or 3106. But man there are so many numbers and configurations. I wanna kepp it simple a well made good sounding cable. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back