Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 1, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #5,716 of 10,700
Even when turned off and not in use otherwise, just in ‘charging’ mode? Thanks!
correct - if it's off but the power is plugged in and charging, the power ball will eventually turn purple indicating M2 is now in desktop mode, i.e. the battery is fully charged.

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #5,717 of 10,700
correct - if it's off but the power is plugged in and charging, the power ball will eventually turn purple indicating M2 is now in desktop mode, i.e. the battery is fully charged.

Great, thank you. Looks like a faulty unit then, despite being on charge for 8 hours at the max charge mode (white orb) the desktop mode doesn’t seem to trigger. Appreciate the troubleshooting help.

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #5,718 of 10,700
Great, thank you. Looks like a faulty unit then, despite being on charge for 8 hours at the max charge mode (white orb) the desktop mode doesn’t seem to trigger. Appreciate the troubleshooting help.
I thought desktop mode didn't trigger until 24 hours connected to power?

Nov 1, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #5,720 of 10,700
I thought desktop mode didn't trigger until 24 hours connected to power?
Hmm don't think that's the case. Admittedly I rarely let my unit's battery fully discharge, but even from low battery it only takes a few hours (not certain how long as never measured it) to get to desktop mode. definitely not 24 hours.

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #5,722 of 10,700
Reference these slides from Rob’s thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/post-16792307
Watts Up thread
1667345401512.jpeg

1667345505321.jpeg

For me, when I charge up the Mojo2, I plug it into an old 2016 iPad Pro power block (capable of 26watts) and initially get a blue charging indication on the menu button (per slide, “Blue indicates fast charge and will charge to 100%”). The Battery LED on the back shows less than blue. When the battery charge level gets in the blue, for me (with this charger and cord combo, since that matters) the menu button color (charge current) changes to white (per slide, “White indicates max charge rate…”). About 2 hours later the menu button changes to magenta (per slide, “Finished charging, desktop”).

At that point I unplug the charger since I’m not using Desktop mode.

Hope that helps.

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #5,723 of 10,700
Reference these slides from Rob’s thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/watts-up.800264/post-16792307
Watts Up thread

For me, when I charge up the Mojo2, I plug it into an old 2016 iPad Pro power block (capable of 26watts) and initially get a blue charging indication on the menu button (per slide, “Blue indicates fast charge and will charge to 100%”). The Battery LED on the back shows less than blue. When the battery charge level gets in the blue, for me (with this charger and cord combo, since that matters) the menu button color (charge current) changes to white (per slide, “White indicates max charge rate…”). About 2 hours later the menu button changes to magenta (per slide, “Finished charging, desktop”).

At that point I unplug the charger since I’m not using Desktop mode.

Hope that helps.
That’s some impressive information the Mojo 2 gives through a light show. I thought having to memorize the filter button was bad enough. :)

Maybe the mods could sticky this presentation to the first post.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #5,724 of 10,700
I think you will find the 24 hours is to do with the Hugo 2 not the Mojo 2, however I currently don’t have the Mojo 2 only the original, hopefully someone can clarify this who has a Mojo 2.
Ah yes, I only had the Mojo 2 for a week. Sent it back and replaced with Hugo 2.

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #5,725 of 10,700
If I were in your position, I'd let it sit for 24 hours. If it's still not purple, I'd try a 2nd charger (> 2amps) for 24 hours. If it still doesn't turn purple, I'd contact Chord support for suggestions.

...but that's just me.

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #5,726 of 10,700
Ah yes, I only had the Mojo 2 for a week. Sent it back and replaced with Hugo 2.
I did the exact opposite. :darthsmile:

Hugo 2 never did it for me. I really wanted to love it. No dice. Mojo 2 much more portable and the DSP is fun to experiment with.

I had the Hugo 2 for several years though.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #5,727 of 10,700
Listening to a Roon playlist this morning on Poly/Mojo2/DCA Noire and a song I know very well, The Cure’s A Letter to Elise queued up. A lot of apparent detail was being presented that I didn’t recall and I went to check the signal path to see if it was a remix, MQA, high res Qobuz or what. Surprised to see it was an AIFF rip from my local library, both from the detail and because I thought Roon usually picked a streaming version for its playlists. Happy for both!

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #5,728 of 10,700
I did the exact opposite. :darthsmile:

Hugo 2 never did it for me. I really wanted to love it. No dice. Mojo 2 much more portable and the DSP is fun to experiment with.

I had the Hugo 2 for several years though.
UHD DSP gives so much flexibility to use different headphones. It's lossless and no negative gain.

I will upgrade only if Hugo 3 comes with more EQ bands.

Nov 3, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #5,729 of 10,700
UHD DSP gives so much flexibility to use different headphones. It's lossless and no negative gain.

I will upgrade only if Hugo 3 comes with more EQ bands.
It was more the portability factor.

The detail retrieval of the Mojo 2 for me was very close to the Hugo 2 without the fatigue. Also, the Mojo 2 drives the DCA Stealth better than the Hugo 2. The DSP is cool and I'm impressed on how cleanly it works. I've never been an EQ guy.

I agree with you. I'm sure the Hugo 3 will have the current doubling technology and UHD DSP included.

Nov 3, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #5,730 of 10,700
Interesting how different tastes and setups give different outcomes. I was using the Mojo 2 with Quad ERA-1 and felt it lost resolution, texture and nuance compared to the Shanling M6 that I was looking to upgrade. The Mojo 2 leant more muscle to the ERA-1, but at the expense of texture and nuance in the bass and subtle detail in the upper mids and lower treble.

The Hugo 2 took the game on a long way beyond the M6 in all the areas that the Mojo 2 lost ground. Certainly with the ERA-1, the Hugo 2 sounds, to me at least, significantly more detailed. I've never found the Hugo 2 to be fatiguing through the Quads, or feeding my main system. However, I can see why many may not bond with Hugo 2, such is it's difference in presentation to most other equipment. It's presentation of detail can be distracting with music you know well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back