Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 31, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #3,511 of 11,001
How could it not!
Unless you plug two headphones of differing sensitivity.
I think he meant to say that the output level of headphone A remains the same and doesn't drop when another headphone (B) is connected to the other port.

Disclaimer: I have not tested or verified this myself.

Apr 1, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #3,513 of 11,001
Correct. I find that very useful.
Me, too! I can compare different headphones and IEMs, or same IEM with different cables and tips. I have 2 pairs of the 7 Hz Timeless and I'm looking forward in receiving my ddHiFi DJ35AR!

Apr 1, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #3,515 of 11,001
I have Schiit Jotunheim with full volume control. I have my portables so I was looking into desktop setups.

More I think about it, Qutest fits my need. I am just worried that new techs are better than old.
I would expect a new Qutest soon and don’t know why one would choose Qutest over Mojo 2, assuming the desktop mode works as described. With 40k taps, it’s nearly equal to Qutest 49k, and offers additionally: volume control, DSP, crossfeed and a DC servo output stage, where Qutest uses the exact output stage of OG Mojo.

Apr 1, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #3,516 of 11,001
I would expect a new Qutest soon and don’t know why one would choose Qutest over Mojo 2, assuming the desktop mode works as described. With 40k taps, it’s nearly equal to Qutest 49k, and offers additionally: volume control, DSP, crossfeed and a DC servo output stage, where Qutest uses the exact output stage of OG Mojo.
I think you need to dig deeper for the differences between the Mojo and the Qutest.
Taps is only one factor. The output stage design is another big one, where the Hugo2 and Qutest are much more complex.
Mojo 2 is a great package and value obviously, but the few comparisons with Hugo 2 said that the H2 is still clearly ahead, as it should be.
Rob Watts didn‘t give any hints that there would be a new Qutest, so it might still be a long wait for an upgrade to that product. It took 7 years for a new Mojo, going by that we’ll have to wait a few more years for upgrades to the H2/Qutest range.

Apr 1, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #3,517 of 11,001
I’ve read lots about M2 comparatives and I’ve only seen I think two to Qutest. Both preferred M2 from memory. I’m sure someone will rekindle this comparison 👍

Apr 1, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #3,518 of 11,001
I’ve read lots about M2 comparatives and I’ve only seen I think two to Qutest. Both preferred M2 from memory. I’m sure someone will rekindle this comparison 👍
I read several times that H2 and Qutest sound the same.

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #3,519 of 11,001
I think you need to dig deeper for the differences between the Mojo and the Qutest.
Taps is only one factor. The output stage design is another big one, where the Hugo2 and Qutest are much more complex.
Mojo 2 is a great package and value obviously, but the few comparisons with Hugo 2 said that the H2 is still clearly ahead, as it should be.
Rob Watts didn‘t give any hints that there would be a new Qutest, so it might still be a long wait for an upgrade to that product. It took 7 years for a new Mojo, going by that we’ll have to wait a few more years for upgrades to the H2/Qutest range.
Hugo2 + 2go is not really travel friendly - not very pocketable. Battery service is also like $400 from US authorized dealer so not cheap.

Apr 2, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #3,521 of 11,001

Indeed, the Hugo 2 is ahead, not sure why some people even say the Mojo 2 is better.

I actually gained alot more respect for my Mojo 1 as the Mojo 2 sounds more like a Mojo 1.5 rather than a Mojo 2 next to it. Unless you like to EQ and crossfeed, the Mojo 2 was not really worth the upgrade to me. But then still, it is a very expensive EQ and crossfeed what you are buying then.

Not sure what Rob Watts did in 7 years, but it doesn't sounds like a "7 year" upgrade to me.

I guess I will upgrade my Mojo 1 when the Mojo 3 comes out.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #3,522 of 11,001
Indeed, the Hugo 2 is ahead, not sure why some people even say the Mojo 2 is better.

I actually gained alot more respect for my Mojo 1 as the Mojo 2 sounds more like a Mojo 1.5 rather than a Mojo 2 next to it. Unless you like to EQ and crossfeed, the Mojo 2 was not really worth the upgrade to me. But then still, it is a very expensive EQ and crossfeed what you are buying then.

Not sure what Rob Watts did in 7 years, but it doesn't sounds like a "7 year" upgrade to me.

I guess I will upgrade my Mojo 1 when the Mojo 3 comes out.

While we all hear differently and with respect this is the upgrade that I've been waiting and hoping for.

For me, the Mojo 2 sounds much, much better than the OG (1st gen)....do I think it's twice as good?

To me the OG's bass and mid-bass now sounds by comparison somewhat lacking in detail...although it has nice
weight and tonal balance and is otherwise musical. Even without eq/crossfeed,
for me the M2 is a really nice upgrade and sounds high-end.
I'm assuming that the partnering equipment is suitably well matched.

Don't get me wrong, the Mojo is still a really nice sounding DAC and can serve for many years!

And of course there's no shortage of competing great sounding DACS out there.

Again, we all hear differently, this is my opinion and other opinions are equally valid. Listening is the only way to find what's right for each of us.

I've heard the H2 with my headphones a little over two years ago and while very nice wasn't the upgrade I was looking for price considered.

Personally Mojo 2 for me is musical and consistently satisfying. I no longer have any interest in even demoing anything better
...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

For me Mr. Watts has fully succeeded with the M2 and brought it up to date.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #3,523 of 11,001
Hi ,

Just have a quick question .

I have mojo 1 and I am thinking of upgrading to mojo 2 , is there a significant improvement over the mojo 2?

Also I have won a YouTube giveaway and currently have a smsl SU-9N dac with sabre 9038 , would it be better to get a smsl sh9 amp with thx 888 and pair it with the new dac or just get a mojo 2?

I know it's random question but I hope someone can help me .

My headphones are sennheiser hd 660s and akg k702

Thanks a lot!

Apr 2, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #3,524 of 11,001
I'll start with "Horses for courses!"
Your DAC measures superb according to ASR, shame they didn't put a headphone jack on it! But it is a desktop DAC.
Mojo 2 can be, is that how you intend on using it? or is it for portable use? remember Mojo = Mobile Joy.
If it is for mobile use, then there is no competition, Mojo2 is your only option.
If it is for desktop use, you re gonna need that amp anyways! get my drift?
There could be a third alternative though - you just want to listen with your headphone at home, and a desktop DAC is no issue!
In that case, not all is lost.
Depending on your choice of headphones (Senn 660s @150R may do, AKG at 60R may or may not) , you may be able to get a converter cable to the balanced output of the DAC to a 4.4mm balanced socket (or the single ended RCA outputs to 3.5mm socket) and plug your headphones in! SMSL has about 5V output, if its output impedance is low enough and your headphones impedance high enough, you may get away with buying nothing at all (save for the cable converter).
I would try that first to see how it goes, costs you little, may save you hundreds.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back