Chord Mojo 2 finally released
Feb 24, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #17 of 31
I really like it.

Sound quality is kind of a tricky thing for me to comment on. But, just for transient/attack speed perceptions….

Totally bs numbering system i’m just making up for the sake of describing my “impressions” of transients/fast attack:

if mojo is 55/100
And h2 is 90/100
Then mojo 2 is like 70/100.

Which is to say: Huge improvement over mojo, long way away from h2.

The thing about the original Mojo was that to my old, weak ears, it took about an hour of listening before the real magic of the Mojo 1 started to shine through. The strange sense of depth that emerged from concert hall recordings when the Mojo was paired with the Beyerdynamic T1 was really special. But I couldn't hear it right away.

In fact, at the start of any listening session, the Mojo really just sounded the same as some smart phone 3.5mm connections. It was only after an hour that I started to marvel at this incredible sense of depth for symphonies. It was stunning. Just a bummer that it always took an hour to hear it.

The Mojo 2 is different, it's more like the Hugo 2. You can hear a striking, significant difference from the get go. Still takes time for that strange sense of forward depth to shine through, and it still only works with the Beyer T1 for me, but the transients (unrelated to sense of forward depth/distance) is clear from the first moment. That significant difference is sorta the same as the Hugo 2's striking and immediate difference from everything else I connect my headphones to.

CEA205F9-9A09-4346-8BAB-2971E70ED6C0.jpeg

the lossless "equalizer" is kinda cool. Makes me a little excited for a future "hugo 3". nifty feature that seems to work really well.

If a future "Hugo 3" is as different from the current Hugo 2 as the Mojo 2 is from the Mojo 1, it will be a striking product indeed.

——-
This looks stupid and i feel silly, but gotta admit, it sounds pretty nice.
hiby r3 (original crowdfunding version)
kse1200
mojo2

A601E0DD-8BA6-4C38-B740-7FD7348F2FB2.jpeg

Feb 27, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #18 of 31
I really like it.

Sound quality is kind of a tricky thing for me to comment on. But, just for transient/attack speed perceptions….

Totally bs numbering system i’m just making up for the sake of describing my “impressions” of transients/fast attack:

if mojo is 55/100
And h2 is 90/100
Then mojo 2 is like 70/100.

Which is to say: Huge improvement over mojo, long way away from h2.

The thing about the original Mojo was that to my old, weak ears, it took about an hour of listening before the real magic of the Mojo 1 started to shine through. The strange sense of depth that emerged from concert hall recordings when the Mojo was paired with the Beyerdynamic T1 was really special. But I couldn't hear it right away.

In fact, at the start of any listening session, the Mojo really just sounded the same as some smart phone 3.5mm connections. It was only after an hour that I started to marvel at this incredible sense of depth for symphonies. It was stunning. Just a bummer that it always took an hour to hear it.

The Mojo 2 is different, it's more like the Hugo 2. You can hear a striking, significant difference from the get go. Still takes time for that strange sense of forward depth to shine through, and it still only works with the Beyer T1 for me, but the transients (unrelated to sense of forward depth/distance) is clear from the first moment. That significant difference is sorta the same as the Hugo 2's striking and immediate difference from everything else I connect my headphones to.

CEA205F9-9A09-4346-8BAB-2971E70ED6C0.jpeg

the lossless "equalizer" is kinda cool. Makes me a little excited for a future "hugo 3". nifty feature that seems to work really well.

If a future "Hugo 3" is as different from the current Hugo 2 as the Mojo 2 is from the Mojo 1, it will be a striking product indeed.

——-
This looks stupid and i feel silly, but gotta admit, it sounds pretty nice.
hiby r3 (original crowdfunding version)
kse1200
mojo2

A601E0DD-8BA6-4C38-B740-7FD7348F2FB2.jpeg
I thought the Hiby R3 also makes a nice transport for the Mojo 2

C198056B-E616-4306-BC2F-321CA829064A.jpeg

Feb 28, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #19 of 31
I thought the Hiby R3 also makes a nice transport for the Mojo 2

C198056B-E616-4306-BC2F-321CA829064A.jpeg

Your's says Sabre. Nice. You have the newer version of the r3. Mine is the older original crowdunding version.

The only bummer with the r3 can't simultaneously charge and output digital data.

The r6 can, it can do digital output via the 3.5mm coax out while using the usbc to charge.

Normally, I don't care about that requirement, but for long flight days, it's nice to have that option.

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #21 of 31
My guess would be, it may not make a huge difference between the tv and tube-amp/speakers. I tried connecting to speakers, but there was a lot of resolution lost, though I didn't use an amp in between

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 31
The r6 can, it can do digital output via the 3.5mm coax out while using the usbc to charge.
That’s a great idea - thanks. Did you notice any sound differences between USB and coax?

Apr 24, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #23 of 31
That’s a great idea - thanks. Did you notice any sound differences between USB and coax?
I’ve long been a huge fan of coax. And to my ears coax and usb are indistinguishable in sound. I also still use ootical a fair bit, and optical is very different from both coax and usb (and usb).

in other words, i can hear a difference between coax or usb and optical, but i can’t hear a difference between usb and coax.

May 6, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #27 of 31
For me dealing with poly is headache . Is there other alternative to mojo 2 plus poly in this price ? What I like in mojo is headphone output power. I didn’t find anything to beat mojo

maybe duoo x10tii? I have one and love it. I’m using it on the mojo and using the poly on the mojo2. Could easily switch them, wouldn’t mind.

it is digital out only. There’s no dac, no amp, and obviously no audio jack. It is digital out only. so it is incredibly small for 10 hour battery life, screen, physical buttons. Interface is clunky, but a thousand times better than having no screen or controls. Using. 256gb micro sd with it now, works fine.

May 6, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #28 of 31
maybe duoo x10tii? I have one and love it. I’m using it on the mojo and using the poly on the mojo2. Could easily switch them, wouldn’t mind.

it is digital out only. There’s no dac, no amp, and obviously no audio jack. It is digital out only. so it is incredibly small for 10 hour battery life, screen, physical buttons. Interface is clunky, but a thousand times better than having no screen or controls. Using. 256gb micro sd with it now, works fine.
Thank you for response. I mean dac amp and streamer in one like mojo and poly with same hp output power )) what do you think about IFI Gryphon?

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #29 of 31
Thank you for response. I mean dac amp and streamer in one like mojo and poly with same hp output power )) what do you think about IFI Gryphon?
Really feature rich. I’m a fan of ifi gear. Have been since the micro and ican. I haven’t used mine much since getting the mojo2 though. I went from mojo to gryphon to h2 to now mojo2 (mostly for the convenience factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back