Chord Mojo 2 finally released
Jan 31, 2022 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

.Sup

Headphoneus Supremus
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo-2

Just noticed this when reading Verge, they have a review up: https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/31/...tal-analogue-converter-wired-headphones-audio

Retail price is $725 (£449) which I think is the same as the original when it came out. It has USB C but unfortunately still keeps both micro USB ports. Poly users will be happy though as they can use it with this new model.

Mojo-2-snakeplant-.jpg

Image by Chord Electronics

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #3 of 31
hmmm, only 3 USB ports ? ... there's plenty of room for more /s :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 31
Very disappointed they stuck to the 2x 3.5mm single-ended outputs. I was hoping for a 1x SE + BE H/O.

It'll only be on my radar now if there's ever a sale.

Feb 1, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #6 of 31
Too much of a model 1.5 not model 2. Not using usb c for fast charging is a big miss as the charge time is soooo long. I don't care about lack of balanced but a lot will. With the added 'features' comes even worse usability and for the fixed system (which mojo was never really for) the line out mode is gone. Missed opportunity, and yes I have an original and love it.

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #7 of 31
Too much of a model 1.5 not model 2. Not using usb c for fast charging is a big miss as the charge time is soooo long. I don't care about lack of balanced but a lot will. With the added 'features' comes even worse usability and for the fixed system (which mojo was never really for) the line out mode is gone. Missed opportunity, and yes I have an original and love it.
I am not impressed too... Also it should be cheaper... It seems as you said like 1.5 version.

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #8 of 31
I am not impressed too... Also it should be cheaper... It seems as you said like 1.5 version.

Fairly ok with the price point. Seems like most of the day 1 reviews are just sticking to it being another awesome Chord product. The only thing I want to know (and no one seems to go any further than ‘improved’) is how long the charge time is now. I’m guessing this means hardly any better as I don’t think using a micro usb again it technically can be much better. As one said micro usb died about five years ago and has always been a negative of the original so why use it again? Is it just to keep compatibility with Poly? Bad choice.

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #9 of 31
Agree. I refuse to buy anything that does not use USB C in 2022.
Even Kindle now has USB C for goodness sake.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #12 of 31
There's still not a better portable dac under $1k. If it actually got snappier, that's a good thing. That said, I thought the original version was a bit warmed over but a great match with the poly that is a bit hot. New combo may be too forward unless compensated somewhat.

From a sound point of view that could be true. However the usability isn't good and there are too many missed opportunities here. Quirky is ok but this seems to have completely bypassed any customer feedback.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #13 of 31
From a sound point of view that could be true. However the usability isn't good and there are too many missed opportunities here. Quirky is ok but this seems to have completely bypassed any customer feedback.
I don't disagree with most of that and I'll never carry an amp/that size dac/ to use with a source but for someone willing, it's still the best option and obviously sounds great and in some ways, more honest than their more costly units. I prefer separate DAPs and don't think phones are the best source even with dedicated apps.

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 31
I liked the sound but I had the battery die in 2 Mojos. I only care about there being a different battery in this model, so I'll watch this space for a year or two before I spring for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back